Author Topic: [SUGGESTION AND SHIT] Variable tax rates between factions  (Read 536 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
[SUGGESTION AND SHIT] Variable tax rates between factions
« on: December 22, 2012, 05:39:33 am »
+3
Alright, let me explain myself. I was pondering tonight, as I often do, and I pondered something never pondered before. So, say you have a fief in strat. You set the tax rate to 15 percent, cool. However, you also have an option to set the tax rate to 10 percent for an allied faction; any member of that faction on strat would pay the corresponding tax. Maybe have it done per fief instead of faction-wide, meaning you could set clusterfuck castle to give remnant members a 15 percent tax, while fuckshitstack city gives them a 10 percent tax, ye dig?

Figure it'd be awesome for trade deals, diplomacy, etc. Not too hard to code, I imagine.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: [SUGGESTION AND SHIT] Variable tax rates between factions
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 07:01:00 am »
you need a diplomatic system of sorts to be implemented first, which hopefully can be provided soon by the Strategus Enhancement Project
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 04:11:06 pm »
you need a diplomatic system of sorts to be implemented first, which hopefully can be provided soon by the Strategus Enhancement Project
You don't need a diplomatic system for it to function.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 04:48:49 pm »
You don't need a diplomatic system for it to function.
you need to define who is allied right?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 05:02:47 pm »
you need to define who is allied right?
Nope, all you need is to be able to as a fief setting be able to select a faction from a list of all factions and then select the tax percentage from a list of all tax rates bellow your standard rate for this to function, neither of those things require a fancy diplomatic system.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 08:19:02 pm »
As you gave +1 to this suggestion, i take it you are aware of how that would effect the overall balance of the game. If factions then would be able to grant some faction to pay less then others and others perhaps even more. Couldn't then the taxes be left out complettly or do you suggest that for any of such changes production points need to be paid? If not then i don't see how this suggestion would benefit factions who would want to play it their way without getting into alliances ... which atm is the most common way to survive strat or to get in really big factions, whereby then taxes don't matter anyhow ^^

So either alliances benefit the most or it wouldn't matter. If you but include it into a diplomatic system you could fine tune, dependent on the relation, that yes it could get easier but perhaps also less efficient.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 10:58:46 pm »
+1
I like it, and the faction doesnt even have to be allied to get the tax cut. It could be used for your trade partners as well as allies.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 11:01:42 pm »
+2
Dev's attention can be used better in an other way :P
If you really care that much about the tax you can always refund the guy that paid them with some gold.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 11:21:29 pm »
Dev's attention can be used better in an other way :P
If you really care that much about the tax you can always refund the guy that paid them with some gold.

You've got two very valid points; this wouldn't be game-changing nor make anyone ejaculate upon implementation. Just thought it was some cool shit that I've never heard anyone suggest before.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?