Author Topic: Why Cavalry Isn't Overpowered  (Read 11772 times)

Offline Mattressi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mattress, Mattressi, Mattressii, Matturtle, Matthrow, Mattbalist, Superion_The_Tainted, Mattrun
Re: Why Cavalry Isn't Overpowered
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2011, 05:18:56 pm »
Mattressi, thank you for doing exactly what i wanted, you made my post what it was, it was meant to stir a reaction and it did, thank you for that.

...glad to be of service?

But i want you to explain one thing, lets say that the horse it at an average velocity of 11m/s, because the horse is sustaining that speed but cannot keep it exactly 11m/s means that it isnt kenetic energy, so rule that out. (i know im going into miniscule details but as you said, TROLL POST?) sooooo. that means lets say, the horse is accelerating at .3m/s because it is already going near its top speed (just saying that this is this horses top speed) that it cant accelerate any faster. so are we going to do .3m/s x 500kg :/ . so that now seems awfully wrong, unless we calculate it like you said, deceleration, so lets say the horse stopped over 2.5 metres, so it is short of the pikemen. AND if i the horse came to a complete stop after half a second. random time chosen, although at the speed the horse was travelling prior, the deceleration will be great as we both know. so we are going to do, initial speed - final speed /time taken.

11m/s - 0m/s / .5      = ==== -22m/s..  now if we do acceleration x mass -22  x 500  = 11000 N or whatever   now im not saying this is correct. but its still alot of force.

I'm sorry, I just don't have it in me to feed you tonight. Trolling the same point will reap less food each time; maybe try a fresh new topic and we'll see. Every answer to your post can be found in my previous one (or a basic mechanics textbook). I'm sure you'll read into the subject more :D

and waiiit a minute, how did anything that i said specifically insult you. self esteem problems i see.

You called everyone homos and sooks. Personally, I was not affected by your 'insults', but they are still immature and impolite nonetheless. I have to admit, I'm pretty easy troll-bait tonight :(

i had to modify this after i read something you said. You took a troll point from me? wow that hurt a lot, thank you for enlightening me on the fact that there is actually TROLL POINTS. And that you felt the actual need to take one from me makes me feel special, thanks :D

I'm glad I lightened your evening.

Offline Toldfield

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • If the toaster crawls, Cover your shoe in cyanide
    • View Profile
Re: Why Cavalry Isn't Overpowered
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2011, 10:06:09 pm »
Thanks for the physics statemnt Mattressi, and no thanks for Toldfield for bringing up this RL argument wich... we call bs when trying to balance a GAME.

uhh, wasnt actually arguing that the game should be more realistic, i was just saying to those people that post on this thread and other saying, this or that is unrealistic it needs to be changed, so i pointed out points that if making it more realistic would possibly make it less enjoyable in some aspects. that is all
People who think differently will survive. People who think by the book would get crushed, killed, and stepped upon.