Author Topic: Defend The Virgin, Community-Made Guide.  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Defend The Virgin, Community-Made Guide.
« on: September 10, 2012, 02:52:36 am »
Hello, I have noticed a lot of guides, were written by one person, this, however, is biased toward their playstyle, so with this idea, it will be a more general guide to Defend the Virgin.

Please put things to add in a reply, it will most likely be added.

STRUCTURES

Fences: These things are your best friend, if you see a way in to one that is closed off from all sides, go for it, the only thing that can easily kill you inside is ranged.

Roofs: These are perfect spots to place archers, granted you can shield them to prevent other ranged from killing them off, some roofs are low enough to let pikers get hits from on top of.

Sheds: some maps have small sheds, the door will be small enough to be held by 1-2 shielders, and have 1-2 pole/2h attacking from behind the shielders to clear the bots.

Choke points:A choke point by definition is a place where small numbers can hold off larger numbers because of the terrain, normally a choke point will be able to have people attacking from sides and front while bots are led to the middle where they can be taken out with minimal losses.

TERRAIN

Hills: Hills rising above the map can provide a good spot to shoot cav, or spear them while they are slowly climbing the hill, use these to your advantage to prevent being coached.

Rocks and Rock Formations:Rocks are naturally a great cover from archers and crossbowman fire, some can also be stood on top of to attack enemies below.
TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:19:21 pm by Weewum »

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Defend The Virgin, Community-Made Guide.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 02:54:42 am »
Reserved just in case.

Offline Dr_Pockets

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dr_Pockets
  • IRC nick: Dr_Pockets
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 02:22:42 am »
DTV is a money drain. Prevent this by
1. Winning each round.
2. Not having armor that is too expensive, but is still good.
3. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. YOU GET MORE $ WHEN MORE PEOPLE ARE ALIVE AT THE END. DON'T DIE, DON'T LET OTHER PEOPLE DIE.
4. Do not go into hero mode and attempt to solo 20 bots. You will most likely die.

How to win:
1. Don't get surrounded
2. Actually keep an eye on the virgin. Enemies sometimes sneak around and attack her
3. As an archer try not hitting teammates. When someone is surrounded and you hit them, they are pretty badly screwed.
4. If someone is surrounded by a lot of bots kill people at the end of the line following him. You don't want to get surrounded as well. If it is 5 bots, attack any bot.

What kind of equipment is good?
Armor:
Depending on what you are fighting, head and leg armor should probably go first. If you are fighting throwers or archers, head armor can prevent death.

Weapons (melee):
You usually want a good weapon. You can pick up some weapons on the ground if you are in a large group. But if there are not a large amount of people, be prepared to fight. You want a good weapons so you can 1-shot bots. If you can do that, it is difficult to surround you. You want fast weapons so you can quickly attack mobs. Flamberges can be used, but try not to get surrounded, you will die.

Weapons (ranged) I don't use these, but here is what I think:
Roofs are your friend. You might need to learn a little M&B parkour but it is worth it. Just make sure you take a look at the virgin every once in a while to make sure she isn't getting beaten.

Feel free to copy and paste, just give me credit.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:13:14 pm by Dr_Pockets »
GG Spookfans

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 04:16:35 am »
Basic way to win in DTV is not be an impatient idiot (I know that's asking the impossible for many). Most the time all these dummies try to hero mode and end up dying and leaving hordes of bots for the few players left who weren't terminally stupid. Also because so few players usually survive till the end xp is of course much lower. Then you have players who care more about their repairs than actually winning. If everybody played smart and used good gear it would be so much easier. But that's not ever going to happen of course.

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 04:30:56 am »
I understand what you mean, DTV could be profitable if people play their cards right and use tactics, the main reason there's little  income is, people run out and die reducing XP and money gained, I personally have nobody to blame but.. Anyone with an over-sized ego.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 09:59:37 pm »
my DTV guide for noobs:

-use super cheap gear always (don't want to stand a chance at winning)
-immediately charge the bots without thinking about any tactics at all (if most players aren't dead by the 1st or 2nd round you're obviously not fighting bravely/stupidly enough)
-whatever tactics you accidentally learn work good please forget them as soon as the next map loads so we can play stupidly once again.
-repeat waves 1-3 over and over till you quit cause you're bored with getting almost no xp or gold due to severe team crappiness.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 11:32:36 pm »
my DTV guide for noobs:

-use super cheap gear always (don't want to stand a chance at winning)
-immediately charge the bots without thinking about any tactics at all (if most players aren't dead by the 1st or 2nd round you're obviously not fighting bravely/stupidly enough)
-whatever tactics you accidentally learn work good please forget them as soon as the next map loads so we can play stupidly once again.
-repeat waves 1-3 over and over till you quit cause you're bored with getting almost no xp or gold due to severe team crappiness.
So mad.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 07:06:59 pm »
Prefer Blunt/Pierce weapons and STR builds.Blunt will hit less when fighting vs Nomads maybe, but when u are om Vitez, Engineer waves, u will see the difference.If you got riding, DONT try to get enemy horses cause u can get couched and die in 1 hit, u can get hit by archers, and easily teamhit.

Dont use cheap gear as weapon, if you win you wont lose much money.And QML Leechers please.

Note: You can taunt bots with Yelling, which is QQV.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:47:53 pm by Kratos »

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Valkyrja
  • Game nicks: Valkyrja_Randgrid
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 07:34:32 pm »
For newbies in DTV. All tactics in DTV mainly is luring\pulling bots to the place where they will stuck: archers on roofs, polearmers in closed fences, shielder with 13 shield skill in corner. So u can safely kill them. Many newbie players make mistake trying attack lured bots from behind and  they agro evil bots on themselves, then trying to retreat dying and then angry horde run to virgin. Insted of this u can safely kill them - get inside fence, get on roof and so on. Before bots are lured\stucked never go ahead - better wait for a while near virgin some bots may not stuck and will go directle to virgin so u can deal with them with other virgin's guards!:)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login