Author Topic: State of Decay / Class4  (Read 10094 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: State of Decay / Class4
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 02:08:39 pm »
Controller-only version = ?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 06:40:47 pm »
State of decay was a great game on the Xbox 360 (for only $20).  it has a lot of potential as an MMO game.  It wasn't perfect (obviously for $20). 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 02:50:38 pm »
PC early-access version is out today on Steam! (still, controller only)

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/20/state-of-decay-shambles-on-to-steam-early-access-later-today/

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 09:35:01 pm »
omg how do i get in...clicking from link to link...hopefully the undead labs post explains it

Oh I see they want another 20 bucks from me...if I wasn't addicted to GTA V right now I might take them up on that
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 12:24:25 am »
Looks pretty. Hope State of Decay isn't too consolized, will probably play it. I like the emphasys on sheltering. Hope they keep that for Class4.

Can't see Class4 happening anytime soon though :(

Any release date for State of Decay yet?

ya remember how everyone complained about your pals in GTA4 always asking you to go bowling and shit constantly, well State of Decay is just like this, except its a chore to play.  You constantly are running all over the fucking map saving your retarded team, finding goods because they use them all, or clearing out constant infections.  They constantly call you on the radio all hours of the day begging for help.  God forbid you dont help them because you are busy and theyll just up and die.  I purchased this on the console when it came out hoping for a great sp game.  I was quite frustrated at not only this, but the pop ups from the game not loading fast enough causing you to run into invisible items before they loaded, also similar to GTA.  Maybe modding will make this game better, but i wouldnt bank on it, it held my attention long enough to get about 12hrs out of me, and i gave up.  The game plays out similar to the new GTA5 with not having a main character to play, but allowing you to play any of the characters you befriend. 

Problems with the game in a nutshell:
-Menu is a absolute mess
-I didnt realize you could have special moves like a wrestler until about 10hrs in, no idea i had even unlocked them
-No tutorial, literally just drops you in and says good luck, doesnt explain what things do whatsoever
-you're constantly solo unless going on a mission with someone, which in some cases would be helpful
-if you switch bases, everything you built is lost, even upon going back you restart over, at one point i had a mission to switch bases which i did not want to do, and lost everything i built earlier
-your ai team are constantly calling for help, literally falling off of roofs or overrun with zombies every 20 mins to the point you just stop helping them, and then they die
-If you have too many goods, they just disappear
-you can outdrive how quickly the game loads
-i shot like 6 teammates already because they were infected, idk how they became infected as they werent doing anything, needless to say you walk them off to some place and blow their head off
-People have disagreements within your camp like every 40mins and you need to take them on dates to calm them down
-Doesnt explain at all how the enclaves work, or how you make them like you, i still dont understand how they work
-whenever you are trying to clear a house, a single zombie will be in the area and stop your clearing constantly, like you will kill 100 zombies in the area, though the house only had 3 residents because they wonder in the whole time
-you run out of ammunition incredibly quickly, and all your melee items break after hitting like 10 zombies, its a metal pipe ffs, how does that break?
-outposts seem near pointless
-zombies climb over your barbed wire fortress and attack you and your people in the compound
-you will get some random mission that forces you to drive for like 20mins to the far reaches of the map for something pointless like a squeaky toy
-zombie originality is phenomenal, a fast jumpy zombie, a fat tough zombie, a screeching zombie, etc
-once you take items in the game, thats it, they are gone forever, eventually you run out, so if you spend more time exploring then playing the game, you will run out of food, medicine, ammunition, etc
-stealth option is limited
-constantly switching characters because one becomes tired, or is injured.

Im sure there is more, i cant think of everything at the moment.  The major annoyances are in bold.

The only thing i truly enjoyed about the game was the really fast zombie guys, they are awesome, scary as can be when they run you down, that and the possible perma death.  Anyways i wouldnt recommend this game, its a shit filled gem, pretty on the outside, feces on the inside.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:32:12 am by AntiBlitz »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 09:20:48 am »
State of Decay, formerly of County Console, looks like one of the best survival experiences yet and the PC version is almost here. On September 3rd, an official Facebook page announced that a ‘controller-only version’ will hit Steam Early Access in ‘a couple of weeks’.

what a load of shit, if you're going to release a game on PC you should at least make it keyboard / mouse compatible.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 09:28:59 am »
+2
what a load of shit, if you're going to release a game on PC you should at least make it keyboard / mouse compatible.

That's why it's not released yet, it's in early access. Keyboard/mouse is one of the top priorities for them.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 09:37:00 am »
That's why it's not released yet, it's in early access. Keyboard/mouse is one of the top priorities for them.

I seriously hope it is, I'd hate for that to become a trend.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 09:49:32 am »
I seriously hope it is, I'd hate for that to become a trend.

The game can already be played with keyboard/mouse, it's just not official yet, no tooltips and official hotkey configuration (but moddable).

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2013, 05:25:05 pm »
ya remember how everyone complained about your pals in GTA4 always asking you to go bowling and shit constantly, well State of Decay is just like this, except its a chore to play.  You constantly are running all over the fucking map saving your retarded team, finding goods because they use them all, or clearing out constant infections.  They constantly call you on the radio all hours of the day begging for help.  God forbid you dont help them because you are busy and theyll just up and die.  I purchased this on the console when it came out hoping for a great sp game.  I was quite frustrated at not only this, but the pop ups from the game not loading fast enough causing you to run into invisible items before they loaded, also similar to GTA.  Maybe modding will make this game better, but i wouldnt bank on it, it held my attention long enough to get about 12hrs out of me, and i gave up.  The game plays out similar to the new GTA5 with not having a main character to play, but allowing you to play any of the characters you befriend. 

Problems with the game in a nutshell:
-Menu is a absolute mess
-I didnt realize you could have special moves like a wrestler until about 10hrs in, no idea i had even unlocked them
-No tutorial, literally just drops you in and says good luck, doesnt explain what things do whatsoever
-you're constantly solo unless going on a mission with someone, which in some cases would be helpful
-if you switch bases, everything you built is lost, even upon going back you restart over, at one point i had a mission to switch bases which i did not want to do, and lost everything i built earlier
-your ai team are constantly calling for help, literally falling off of roofs or overrun with zombies every 20 mins to the point you just stop helping them, and then they die
-If you have too many goods, they just disappear
-you can outdrive how quickly the game loads
-i shot like 6 teammates already because they were infected, idk how they became infected as they werent doing anything, needless to say you walk them off to some place and blow their head off
-People have disagreements within your camp like every 40mins and you need to take them on dates to calm them down
-Doesnt explain at all how the enclaves work, or how you make them like you, i still dont understand how they work
-whenever you are trying to clear a house, a single zombie will be in the area and stop your clearing constantly, like you will kill 100 zombies in the area, though the house only had 3 residents because they wonder in the whole time
-you run out of ammunition incredibly quickly, and all your melee items break after hitting like 10 zombies, its a metal pipe ffs, how does that break?
-outposts seem near pointless
-zombies climb over your barbed wire fortress and attack you and your people in the compound
-you will get some random mission that forces you to drive for like 20mins to the far reaches of the map for something pointless like a squeaky toy
-zombie originality is phenomenal, a fast jumpy zombie, a fat tough zombie, a screeching zombie, etc
-once you take items in the game, thats it, they are gone forever, eventually you run out, so if you spend more time exploring then playing the game, you will run out of food, medicine, ammunition, etc
-stealth option is limited
-constantly switching characters because one becomes tired, or is injured.

Im sure there is more, i cant think of everything at the moment.  The major annoyances are in bold.

The only thing i truly enjoyed about the game was the really fast zombie guys, they are awesome, scary as can be when they run you down, that and the possible perma death.  Anyways i wouldnt recommend this game, its a shit filled gem, pretty on the outside, feces on the inside.

You were the one who I saw suggest this and got me interested.  Some of the issues you mentioned (I highlighted red) are legit complaints.  Others I striked through I either didn't think were a problem, or you're wrong about.  For $20 I thought it was a great game.

The menu isn't that bad (for me anyways) there's a lot of different screens.
Some of the higher level things in the game (like unlocking moves, or upgrading areas of your base) are not explained at all or well.  But they do start you out with a tutorial and explain how to do certain things.
You can use your reputation (which is what you use to pay for everything you unlock/use) to get a survivor or more to go along with you (never seemed worth the cost though).
I didn't like that what you built is gone when you switch safe houses, but it wasn't that big of a deal for me (other than them making you switch safe houses once).
AI always needing to be saved is annoying, I thought it was more annoying how you constantly have to go "on dates" with your members to calm them down.
I never out drove the loading of objects
I never had a problem killing 100s of zombies before a house was cleared out
I was running out of melee weapons for a while, but I always made an effort to locate ammo
I didn't mind zombies sometimes getting into your safe house (the whole area isn't barbed wired).  The safe house is just a safer place to hold up than other places, it's not supposed to be invincible.
Also didn't mind your chars getting tired and having to switch to other chars.

Overall I thought it was a really good game for the price.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2013, 01:31:57 am »
You were the one who I saw suggest this and got me interested.  Some of the issues you mentioned (I highlighted red) are legit complaints.  Others I striked through I either didn't think were a problem, or you're wrong about.  For $20 I thought it was a great game.

The menu isn't that bad (for me anyways) there's a lot of different screens.
Some of the higher level things in the game (like unlocking moves, or upgrading areas of your base) are not explained at all or well.  But they do start you out with a tutorial and explain how to do certain things.
You can use your reputation (which is what you use to pay for everything you unlock/use) to get a survivor or more to go along with you (never seemed worth the cost though).
I didn't like that what you built is gone when you switch safe houses, but it wasn't that big of a deal for me (other than them making you switch safe houses once).
AI always needing to be saved is annoying, I thought it was more annoying how you constantly have to go "on dates" with your members to calm them down.
I never out drove the loading of objects
I never had a problem killing 100s of zombies before a house was cleared out
I was running out of melee weapons for a while, but I always made an effort to locate ammo
I didn't mind zombies sometimes getting into your safe house (the whole area isn't barbed wired).  The safe house is just a safer place to hold up than other places, it's not supposed to be invincible.
Also didn't mind your chars getting tired and having to switch to other chars.

Overall I thought it was a really good game for the price.

At one point i had more food then my place could hold, so when i brought it back, it capped out at a certain number and disappeared.  Then the same problem came with me finding certain supplies, i was literally bone dry on ammo, as well as building supplies. 

I wasnt aware you could even bring people with you, and thats part of the "they dont explain shit" part of this i meant, like the menu being a mess, i couldnt figure out what the hell was going on some of the times with it.  I had someone tell me i could put points into certain things and level up skills, and i was in the menu for a while trying to figure out how to do that, which i still dont think you can. 

If you collect the goods, you get more resources than if you set up the outpost, so really the outpost is pointless, why bother setting them up if you are just going to have a a compound there anyways.  Also if you spend alot of time running about the map rather then tending to your base and people, you will expend too many resources to the point where you can deprive yourself of resources.

i guess for 20 bucks its ok, but i dont want to just settle with a game because it was cheaper than the norm, i want it to play good as well, i think mods would help this game significantly, especially if they toned down the frequency of being paged or allowed for some kind of fast travel.

EDIT:
Oh just remembered this, goddamn the fences, they dont break, so you can get vehicles stuck, or find yourself thinking you are taking a short cut to find yourself incircled in a fence in a field.  Once you flip a vehicle, its permanently stuck upside down, and will prolly blow up.

Also you sure it was me that suggested it? i cant find anything nor remember making the suggestion for State of Decay.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:56:24 am by AntiBlitz »