Author Topic: Can not play ingame  (Read 347 times)

Offline Kuhparnicuhs

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Coalition
  • Game nicks: NilsFnils_HRE
Can not play ingame
« on: August 04, 2012, 02:44:00 pm »
When I try to join a server with my main I get kicked and a purple text comes up saying "This character belongs to someone else" even though I am logged into the steam account with the ID that is tied to this character.
I have two different steam accounts with two different warband codes that I use, but I only use this one for cRPG, and I only play cRPG on it.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Re: Can not play ingame
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 02:56:48 pm »
Whenever you start warband through the steam library it switches the registry to the CD key that belongs to the steam account youre oN. if you want to play on your brothers computer, get on your steam account on that computer and launch warband and it should auto change the cd key to yours. If you DONT want to and youre on your brothers cd key, start up warband through his library and then when youre on the warband launcher go into the registry and paste ur cd key in the serial_key (Which is located in the registry from HKEY_CURRENT_USER ---> Software---> Mount&BladeWarbandKeys ---> serial_key) then start up the game. If you want to use the cRPG launcher which doesnt use steam, you can start it like normal and change ur cd key whenever u start up the game (IF you have the wrong cd key on)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Kuhparnicuhs

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Coalition
  • Game nicks: NilsFnils_HRE
Re: Can not play ingame
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 03:28:43 pm »
Thanks I will try this later