Author Topic: What do you want to see in ROME II?  (Read 8022 times)

Offline Rogue

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Margrave of Brandenburg
    • View Profile
    • HRE Forum
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Rogue_HRE Harald_HRE Lodwig_HRE Egidius_HRE
  • IRC nick: Rogue_HRE
Re: What do you want to see in ROME II?
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2012, 02:41:39 am »
I played countless of souccesful MP campaigns in ETW, NTW and STW2. Granted ETW had and still has the most problems, and they were almost unplayable in STW2 at release, but NTW and current STW2 MP campaigns work very well.

If you do get a de-sync just copy the save file from the host to the client and your campaign will work again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 06:18:41 pm »
Romans.

Offline rockthedoc

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2012, 02:41:15 am »
All the hidden gems from the pre-empire games. Like that hidden Amazonian town in the top part of the Rome map and how if you set everything right Spartacus would start his slave revolt.

I also hope they bring the new diplomacy system over from the new games but not any of the other simplifications they've made.   

And I know I'm going to get a lot of flak from this but I want the cheat codes back. They were a fun addition for those times I didn't want a serious long game but rather just wanted to see if the Scotts could hold back the Mongols with just their bagpipes and kilts.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2012, 07:36:10 am »
And I know I'm going to get a lot of flak from this but I want the cheat codes back.
I want it simply so I can mod easier, such as the toggle_fow in M2TWK which was invaluable for making sure everything was set correctly at a glance in between tweaks to the campaign map. Then again, Empire and later are remarkable unfriendly to the modding community -_-
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2012, 10:59:37 am »
+1
If they follow the same formula of Shogun 2 Vanilla then that is a good start, however :

- Don't release a game with 1/4 of the variation of a total war game 8 years ago and then charge your audience for separate factions / units / battles
- Don't put so much bullshit mechanics in such as super cavalry. Cavalry were not tanks until late middle ages earlier, but cavalry could often take on infantry units head on no problem in the game.
- Don't give one faction everything, romans did not have heavy cavalry and their archers were not amazing, so lets not have that again.
- Make some attempt to produce units that remotely resemble units from the past.
- Morale needs a fix as barbarians were not absolute cowards who just gave up after a bit of a slap.
- Make sea battles actually interesting, rather than a 20 minute stroll up to other ships only for them to spontaneously combust (rome should have the trireme warfare early on which could potentially be hilarious)

As the campaign map goes, shogun 2 did really well so good.
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2012, 07:09:19 pm »
+1

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2012, 09:35:23 am »
+3
I really hope they make Rome IIs multiplayer better then shogun 2... God that multiplayer was awful the fact your general could become a fking super hero was just stupid and the leveling system? ridiculous.

They should keep multiplayer like the original Rome or medieval 2 total war games, no leveling, no OP generals just units and tactics!

overall though Id be happy with it however they make it really, I don't care to much for realism granted, the three house thing in Rome was stupid.

How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2012, 11:49:42 am »
Multiplayer campaign was at least good.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2012, 11:53:58 am »
For shogun 2 its buggy as hell, and laggy I have yet to play a whole campaign where at one point one of us hasn't had connection problems OR had the game freeze on us 
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2012, 08:12:59 am »
1. I hope the graphics concerning the elephants are better. The last two games with elephants (ETW and M2TW) weren't very good.

The animation of soldiers flying through the air due to elephant charge in M2TW made for a good feeling of carnage, but wasnt very realistic.the animations in ETW concerning the elephant combat was a little better although I didn't like ETWs 1v1 type melee combat.

2. A radically different strategic style of play for the barbarian factions versus rome, carthage, etc. Barbarians didn't have huge cities, so maybe give recruitment to the general or pair an agent with the general u can lvl up to gain better troops.
Then have an upgradable (yet shitty) fort in the barb area, or just limit them to villages and small towns.

Anyways, I highly doubt they'll do 2. But it would be awesome if they did.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:00:15 am by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Lord_Bernie_of_Voodoo

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove Great Lances 2015
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Bernie
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2012, 12:23:26 am »
Being able to play as a Barbarian tribe against Rome in Single Player.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2012, 07:33:00 pm »
Some system of civilization points example: barbarian capture lot of provinces of more civilized people they will gain some points leading to better construction(further increasing your city level)  some new unit
                                                                     could work opposite way leading to decline