Author Topic: Tips and Tricks  (Read 8432 times)

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
Tips and Tricks
« on: June 08, 2012, 11:40:59 am »
Found some interesting things today that most people probably know but just in case you dont:

1. Theres a little army medical station just south-east of Balota on the coast with 4 deer towers in

2. The cherno firestation has much better loot than anywhere else in cherno or elektro. I found an AKM, AK74 and a G17 all on 1 run as well as ammo for lots of other guns.

3. If you find yourself in need of an autorun feature in case you get tired of holding W: Double tap shift to toggle into walk mode, then bring up the steam overlay (Shift-Tab for me). This will make your character run until you close the overlay. Of course if you dont have steam this is useless and either way, this is pretty dangerous unless youre just running in complete wilderness.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Tips and Tricks
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 12:17:35 pm »
2. The cherno firestation has much better loot than anywhere else in cherno or elektro. I found an AKM, AK74 and a G17 all on 1 run as well as ammo for lots of other guns.

I'd disagree. The few times I've been there I've found barely anything. Though I once found a remington but that was all.

I find just looting the 5 apartments next to the north hospital in Cherno is more rewarding in terms of loot than the supermarket and firestation ect. Last night there were 3 Alice packs and 2 Czech packs there which was insane.

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 01:46:15 pm »
Yeah, for some reason I've never run into other players next to the cherno hospital and the houses are good for ammo/food/drinks/backpacks/maps/compasses
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 03:54:18 pm »
I found an alice pack in these apartements, also cool to get makarov mags and valuable things like map, compass... iirc

I visited 3 fire stations and never found anything (there was really nothing except empty tincans) so I guess someone looted them before me.

And hell yeah I found antibiotics in the hospital. If someone needs them, I need a blood transfusion myself.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 08:52:49 pm »
I'd disagree. The few times I've been there I've found barely anything. Though I once found a remington but that was all.

I find just looting the 5 apartments next to the north hospital in Cherno is more rewarding in terms of loot than the supermarket and firestation ect. Last night there were 3 Alice packs and 2 Czech packs there which was insane.
It's not a matter of disagreeing or agreeing. It's a fact. Firestations are military buildings, they spawn military grade weapons.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 10:19:18 pm »
Meh deer towers turn up just as much and are far less dangerous. I simply mean that firestations are frequently looted, so you often won't find much there. Besides, military grade isn't necessarily better. I still rank the Winchester far higher than most of the military stuff and I find snipers utterly pointless. The Remington is my next favourite gun due to it's quietness, 200m effective range and 1 shot kill.

We usually loot the deer towers north and south of windy mountain, then the 3 on the west of Bor before looping back down to north cherno apartments/hospital for a night run. That regular route turns up a ton of military grade stuff if you actually want it.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 10:42:58 pm »
You need to loot about 5-7 deer stands to get the amount of loot Fire stations spawn. Military grade is better in every way. Shoots faster and further. If you find snipers utterly pointless, well... I don't know what to say. They're the best PvP tool by far.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 11:35:20 pm »
Was twice at firestation, never found anything. Maybe it has a low drop rate?

edit: oh yeah looking at loot cheat sheet it has the lowest (30%) loot chance, others have 40%

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 12:16:55 am »
You need to loot about 5-7 deer stands to get the amount of loot Fire stations spawn. Military grade is better in every way. Shoots faster and further. If you find snipers utterly pointless, well... I don't know what to say. They're the best PvP tool by far.

Yet most attract every zombie within a 150m radius. Bar camping a spot and waiting to snipe someone, which is boring, I don't see the point in them. If a Winchester 1 shots people, only attracts zombies in a 30m radius and has an effective range of 150m, plus spamable 15 shots and very regular ammo then I see that as a better pvp tool in every way.

Looting those 6 deer stands between windy mountain and Bor takes about as much time as sneaking into Cherno and looting firestation. And they spawn the same equipment. I just don't think firestation spawns all that much/gets looted to often and the risk is way to high in comparison.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:20:34 am by Overdriven »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 12:18:49 am »
Fire stations = risky business.

Offline Volk.

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Volky_Lolky
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 01:14:27 am »
I found mp5sd6 and g17 in Balota's airfield (there is airstation and building like airstation but without glass roof and near this building good loot is often hiden)

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 01:27:51 am »

This man is a smart man
Just a soldier

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 02:29:01 am »
Dont travel into airfields or Stary Sobor camp unless u got another guy watching your back. Lotta guys like to camp that spot for the lulz. Mainly me.
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 02:30:34 am »
Yet most attract every zombie within a 150m radius. Bar camping a spot and waiting to snipe someone, which is boring, I don't see the point in them. If a Winchester 1 shots people, only attracts zombies in a 30m radius and has an effective range of 150m, plus spamable 15 shots and very regular ammo then I see that as a better pvp tool in every way.
Then you haven't done a lot of raiding, if you see no point in them. 150 meters is nothing. Most kills that decent groups do are at 400+
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 04:34:55 am »
Well I like to get nice and close to my enemy  :)