Author Topic: newbie question thread  (Read 8593 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
newbie question thread
« on: May 31, 2012, 10:20:23 am »
here u can ask questions which experienced players might find silly.

i tried day z today for 1st time   and got some questions
1.so there is limited number of things you can carry right? and is there any way to carry more  for example get more bags?
2.i got killed by guy in black outfir. Are those bandits? and if not how do bandits look like and are they bots or players?
3.i bet there is thread like this in other place but i am lazy to find and only than ask questions so i made this.
4.oh and which server you prefere and where i could meet som of my beloved crpg players?
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: newbie question thread
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 10:23:23 am »
here u can ask questions which experienced players might find silly.

i tried day z today for 1st time   and got some questions
1.so there is limited number of things you can carry right? and is there any way to carry more  for example get more bags?
2.i got killed by guy in black outfir. Are those bandits? and if not how do bandits look like and are they bots or players?
3.i bet there is thread like this in other place but i am lazy to find and only than ask questions so i made this.
4.oh and which server you prefere and where i could meet som of my beloved crpg players?

1. you can find a bigger backpack
2. there are no more bandits, you can't know if one is a player killer or not
3. there isn't
4. whichever server has an empty slot lol

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:24:43 am »
nice  ...so you can change outfits? cuz i assume everyone spawns the same, but guy who killed me was black
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 10:25:54 am »
nice  ...so you can change outfits? cuz i assume everyone spawns the same, but guy who killed me was black

Black as in african american or black as in dressed black?

You can change both your face (in settings) or find a new outfit in the world and then change to it.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 10:28:10 am »
Black as in african american or black as in dressed black?

You can change both your face (in settings) or find a new outfit in the world and then change to it.

black as outfit ^^  thanks for respoces    expect more newbie questions tomorrow  :)

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 11:49:40 am »
I got a question. Where the fuck is the best place to find primary weapons and ammo? The best ive found after hours and hours of looking around electro and cherno is a crossbow.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 12:03:58 pm »
I got a question. Where the fuck is the best place to find primary weapons and ammo? The best ive found after hours and hours of looking around electro and cherno is a crossbow.

Deer stands for mid tier, Airfield in the NW for top tier. Good spot is the Balota military base, has 4 deer stands (near the road from Balota to Cherno, can't miss it). Be careful tho, all these are PvP hotzones, specially the NW airfield.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 12:12:16 pm »
Ok cheers Vibe.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 01:27:13 pm »
where can i find some good online map? once i found one, really cool that was full screen and u could zoom in/out like u wanted but i can't find it anymore.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 02:09:21 pm »
where can i find some good online map? once i found one, really cool that was full screen and u could zoom in/out like u wanted but i can't find it anymore.

http://avidblur.com/arma2/
http://www.teamfackin.com/moocow/dayz/map/

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 11:26:45 am »
when i enter server lobby or something it is receiving data so god damn long  is it supposed to be like that? i just ussualy wait some time than jsut GTX and try luck in connecting to other server....

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 11:31:31 am »
when i enter server lobby or something it is receiving data so god damn long  is it supposed to be like that? i just ussualy wait some time than jsut GTX and try luck in connecting to other server....

Yeah that's normal (atleast for 1.0.6). Sometimes it takes forever to get into a server, sometimes it's fast. They optimized that in 1.0.7 with the new Arma 2 patch.
Best to just find another server till it's officialy out tho.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »
i had good experience with frenchie servers, they were pretty quick to load.
i never had to wait more then
(click to show/hide)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 02:58:40 pm »
i had good experience with frenchie servers, they were pretty quick to load.
i never had to wait more then
(click to show/hide)
lol 

now this sucks  when i get pass that receiving data fuckface   than i like forever with cute black screens and waiting for server responce and ofcourse russians flooding chat
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:03:29 pm by Latvian_Knight »

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 03:15:36 pm »
i never waited more than 2-3 mins during (loading / getting char / receiving data...) phase i think, otherwise i just tried another server. those french ones were really fast to load, but today i tested one and was laggy as hell. overall i also had quite a good experience with some DE ones and DK1. as far as i remember i never managed to get into any other one. i just hope that next versions will be faster to load and less laggy. but i'm quite afraid that the 2nd part is just a dream
*is repeatedly clicking on beans for 30 seconds to get them into his fucking backpack*.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:19:14 pm by Beauchamp »