Author Topic: Story Thread  (Read 3760 times)

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
Story Thread
« on: May 31, 2012, 03:21:07 am »
+1
Thought we could use a thread to tell the stories of our experiences with this little mod, instead of clogging up the main thread. They can be small gunfight anecdotes, or a whole journal if you wish.

Full Story:
(click to show/hide)

Tl;Dr
(click to show/hide)

Not the most epic of stories but im sure ill have a better one in time.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
Re: Story Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 12:49:06 am »
+1
Gordon's Ramsays adventures (my char)

adventure 01
(click to show/hide)

adventure_02 day_1 Night sniper
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:06:19 am by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 12:06:02 am »
+1
adventure_02 day_2 Cabin fever
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:14:12 am by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 12:31:10 am »
+2
Now we're heading to Sobor area

RIP
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 11:05:50 pm »
+1
RIP
naaah sobor is ok! great loot and no danger at all!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 07:57:15 am »
+1
Yes especially if your group has different ideas about when to shoot!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 11:46:19 pm »
+1
First friendly encounter !!!

So I was down to 2k blood passing out regularly... Made my way to cherno north hospital, looted what I needed and went in the appartments in front of it. As I climb up in one of them see another guy upstairs and he sees me too, so I go down quickly and hide somewhere, while asking if friendly (had pretty much nothing to lose anyway). In fact he was also in need of a blood transfusion. So I do his blood transfusion then... connection lost -_-

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 12:04:02 pm »
Started playing again with a friend.

We somehow managed to make it to all the deer stands north of novy sobor, starting from the west and found nothing in them. But when searching for the last one, bam : player tent.

And man were we lucky. The guy had M16A4 ACOG, MP5SD, ammo for both (we had 1866 previously) and frikking NV goggles. He probably must be raging right now. A little while after that we found a crashed heli, but there was nothing in it. So we hopped on a night server and went to stary sobor, the one with the goggles guiding the other. We found a DMR and a M9 in the tents.

Is taking the DMR over the M16A4 a good idea, if the other guy I'm playing with has the MP5SD ? Also, the M9 seems to have shit stats compared to my old M1911.

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 04:01:54 pm »
let your friend pick the m16 over the mp5 and u take DMR.(MP5 shoots 9mm = u need a lot of hits for every zombie)

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 03:08:04 pm »
let your friend pick the m16 over the mp5 and u take DMR.(MP5 shoots 9mm = u need a lot of hits for every zombie)

Yeah that was a possibility, but in the end we nearly did the opposite, which works quite well. I took the M16 because it has nearly the same accuracy as the DMR with a better sight (without the zoom though, but that's ok for most shots) and very importantly makes much less noise (180m vs 80m = life saved :D ) . We raided a few crash sites like that, me 100-150m away from the spot, shooting the zombies and him grabbing the loot, with the silenced weapon in case there's a z I can't shoot (of course headshots are very hard when they spot you but we play at night, we only kill them to clear the way and get their loot). Silenced weapons really are invaluable. I think we raided 3 helis and ended up finding a FAL AN/PVS-4 (FN Herstal ftw) and a silenced M9. So now he takes the FAL which gives him ok night vision and amazing power with the MP5SD in his backpack, and we can both raid towns very quietly since I took the M9SD.

We don't really plan on doing any PvP or going close to the airfield before he gets his own NVG (which will at this rate let us fill our tents with some valuable PvP weapons)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 03:37:42 pm »
Silenced weapons are nice. Once you get better at head shotting and insta-killing zombies they make night raids far easier. Not great for pvp but that's why you have one silenced and one pvping gun for night raids just in case. Works a treat in a pair.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 05:32:55 pm »
Stories are boring, pics or it didn't happen. Get fraps.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 05:55:48 pm »
Stories are boring, pics or it didn't happen. Get fraps.

The free version sucks. Or at least it did when I tried five years ago.

Offline bukva2

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 11:37:39 am »
Start in Elektro. Some random dude is there as well, no weapons. Hes chased by 2 zombies and isntead of loosing them by passing through a building he starts sprinting towards me. Obviously he attracts all the nearby zombies, about 10...F-it, start to run as well. He keeps chasing me while bleeding.  Find a small storage building with a single entrance. Stand in the doorway, blocking him from entering. He keeps trying to get inside while hes being attacked by zombies. He looses consciousness. Close the door..."Player was killed".

And nothing of value was lost...

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 04:35:01 pm »
I just started playing DayZ today, after getting eaten few times I spawned again, don't remember where.
I looked around, saw some zombies and some buildings, I wanted to loot that place. When I was near one of the buildings I heared angry zombie scream, I got up and started to run away to the field. When I was in field I heard gunshots and looked back, saw one guy shooting those zombies, they were eating me already, then the guy came to me and bandaged me. After that he just ran away.
I was happy that he kept me alive, but I had only about 2000 blood. I ran to some railway station/factory town where I climbed on a roof of high building and wanted to look around for a bit. Suddenly I saw a bus driving into the town, I said in chat: I see you and your bus! But noone responded, as I continued to stalk the bus, a dude came out of it and started crawling away, I watched him go into the woods and decided to do something about that. When he was gone I got off the building and crawled to his bus, it had lots of fuel in it, so I stole it (latvian style), then I drove it away to a faraway farmhouse I wanted to loot, and right when getting out of the bus i fell uncoscious and got stuck under the bus...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login