Author Topic: ARMA II  (Read 3070 times)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
ARMA II
« on: May 30, 2012, 04:40:11 am »
+1
Takistan, Zargabad, Chernarus life servers, ACE mod, SLX, tactical realism, awesome pvp, good fun and co-op are all things that exist in ARMA II aside from Day Z, in case there's the not-so-rare case of the person who thinks that ARMA 2 is only for DayZ and nothing else.

It's probably the best and by far the most realistic shooter I've ever played, especially when you hookup the ACE and ACRE mods and get a group of friends together.  The editor itself allows you to do almost anything with the game, and it has (had) a pretty great community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d04P0IV1bi4&list=UUd1FZhhjEMG7-3SpfxPcOYA&index=1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMaTdUfP0dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owcOmgiwWqo

So, in other words, while Day Z is pretty sweet, don't forget what ARMA was made for.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
Re: ARMA II
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:24:59 pm »
Goddamn that looks fun as hell.

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 12:26:43 am »
Would be fun if people didn't think that they where in the military, and that everyone on the server should act accordingly as well. Least that has been my experience so far (3-4 different servers).

Offline MadeForFighting

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Wabbajack
  • IRC nick: TrueThing
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:45:19 am »
Would be fun if people didn't think that they where in the military, and that everyone on the server should act accordingly as well. Least that has been my experience so far (3-4 different servers).
Well it IS a simulation game, so yeah...better get used to it. I actually like that approach and all that roleplaying jazz, looking around for a crew to join atm. Fallen in love with Arma.

Buboes, phlegm, blood and guts! Boils, bogeys, rot and pus! Blisters, fevers, weeping sores! From your wounds the fester pours!

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:36:07 am »
Well it IS a simulation game, so yeah...better get used to it. I actually like that approach and all that roleplaying jazz, looking around for a crew to join atm. Fallen in love with Arma.

I don't, I was in the military and most of their ideas of how things should go are fucked. They also all have had a stick shoved up there ass that seems to impossible to remove.

Offline MadeForFighting

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Wabbajack
  • IRC nick: TrueThing
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 09:28:12 pm »
I don't, I was in the military and most of their ideas of how things should go are fucked. They also all have had a stick shoved up there ass that seems to impossible to remove.
Of course most people will get the wrong idea, but so what? As long as its entertaining them then why the hell not.
The "stick shoved up their arse" thingie is a problem among those elitist player groups, I agree on that. Our 104th Weeaboo Fukushima Space Marine Regiment in Mount&Musket (and later Napoleonic Wars) had lots of problems because of people like that ruling those communities, but just gotta do what Romans do while in Rome, get used to it and enjoy the great game.

Buboes, phlegm, blood and guts! Boils, bogeys, rot and pus! Blisters, fevers, weeping sores! From your wounds the fester pours!

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 08:21:20 am »
I've never had a problem with people who "have a stick up their ass."

Shacktac is pretty laid back, and they play Mount and Blade as well as ARMA 2 (check out CHKilroy's videos from the first link) and they have a form of command that basically consists of selecting different people who are mature and decent enough to lead different teams for each mission that they play. This is how most communities for ARMA 2 work.  Unfortunately, it's not always the case. I personally play with a group of friends (around 7 - 12) and we don't really have a chain of command, some of us are better at different things than others, and depending on the situation, the correct leader will step up and take reign over our squad.

The amount of fun you have in a game really relies on who you're playing with, and every group is destined to have the party-pooper who insists on being the lone-wolf CoD sniper that dies at the start of the game and bitches about it for the rest of the game.  Or alternatively, they won't listen to a single word said and go rambo, and while they live, it ruins the fun for everyone else.

Aside from the occasional doucher the game can be very fun when you use teamwork and tactics to get your objective complete. The only other downside I can think of for someone who is new to the game is the control system, it takes some getting used too but it's still pretty good.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus