Author Topic: what a bout a 2h/polearm build?  (Read 963 times)

Offline Tarasque

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
what a bout a 2h/polearm build?
« on: April 22, 2012, 11:25:59 pm »
what about a build capable to use, 2h and poles without heavy penalties, around 125 wpf in each one shall be enought? or better just go for pole or 2h, the point is I field bored sometimes playing with 2h, and like to play as suport with a heavy lance too. what do you thing could be a good build? something like this?

Strength: 21
    Agility: 18

Ironflesh: 4
    Power Strike: 7
    Athletics: 6
    Weapon Master: 6

Two Handed: 120
    Polearm: 120

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:28:04 pm by Tarasque »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: what a bout a 2h/polearm build?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 11:29:16 pm »
Many people will say you should go for one of them. But if you ask me, that might be good to play. Not to mention you can put a greatsword to very good use.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:30:19 am »
That's a very similar build to what I use and I love it. Personally I would advise going 7 IF and 3 WM though, you still get 98 and 99 WPF, and your health will increase by around 10%
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 08:24:10 am »
I think it's a fine idea. My main with 123 wpf in one weapon is enough with medium armor, so as not to lower the effective proficiency to below 100, so having that much for two classes you enjoy playing should be awesome for you. I've been thinking about doing this myself lately, for when I stop retiring, trying to figure out what that build might be like. From what I understand wpf doesn't really make a very huge difference, unless you're really going high with it with an agi build, then you'll probably notice the difference compared to a more minimum amount.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 09:58:51 am »
You still can use best twohanders with polearm's wpf.

Offline Shatter

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Shatter_Astralis
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:06:08 am »
the point is I field bored sometimes playing with 2h, and like to play as suport with a heavy lance too.

You should really use a long awlpike or bamboo spear instead of a heavy lance if you are looking for a 2slot support polearm. Heavy lance is balanced around being able to use on horseback and is pretty lackluster on foot compared to your other options.

Offline PikeDan

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro Fide, pro utilitate hominum
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Pikedan
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 01:00:26 pm »
Looks like an okay build to me. I find that I end up getting somewhat diminishing returns when I go over 140 on a single weapon skill, but that's me, this looks good for a 2h/pole build.

Great for both standard 2h and half-swording. Best of both worlds.
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.