Author Topic: [OUTDATED] NOMINATION RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING  (Read 13379 times)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
[OUTDATED] NOMINATION RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING
« on: February 24, 2011, 03:04:10 am »
Disabled.

You will be muted unless you read this post carefully. This is not supposed to be a joke forum, it's a troll free zone.

We've been thinking for some time how to make a fair compromise between players and admins.

We hereby present you the admin abuse Forum.

These are the rules, they are STRICT, you WILL get warned, muted or banned for ignoring them!

A. Nomination Phase
The Nomination Phase looks like this: you accuse an admin (Official EU or Official NA only) of abuse of his in-game powers. You have to state the reason and bring some proof. Do this by posting a new thread with the name of the admin in the thread title. If me or cmp have the feeling that you are just joking around, there will be a mute incoming and your thread be deleted.

B. Nomination Phase, Part 2

Now you need people sharing your opinion on the abusing admin. You have to get 20 unique posters in here that share the dislike of the adminning action of above mentioned admin. They dont have to state a reason, it might help though. ONE POST ONLY, NO spam, NO chitter, also NO defending. Purely stating that you dislike admin actions. The only exception is the accused admin - he may post 1! post on his defense. No discussing of the topic. Also, if we get the feeling you are joking around, your post gets removed and you will get muted. If the required amount of posters is not reached in 5 days, the nomination fails.

C. Voting phase

When 20 posts are reached, a public, anonymous vote will be started, that will run for 72 hours. After that time, admin status will be removed if 51% or more voted on removing him.

Because this is a very delicate topic and new concept, I might change rules on the fly. I apologize for this dictatorship like behaviour, but it might be necessary.

--------------------------
2 extra rules:
You cannot nominate an admin until 48 hours after the incident.
After a failed nomination or a finished vote, the same admin cannot be nominated for another 30 days.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 01:06:29 am by chadz »

Offline Nappy

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT: How to get rid of a pesky admin (official EU only)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 03:37:39 am »
Proof that the EU servers are actually doing something to prevent their shitty admins. I wish NA was this progressive.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 03:50:48 am »
Proof that the EU servers are actually doing something to prevent their shitty admins. I wish NA was this progressive.

EU is a Democracy, NA is Totalitarian. Welcome to life.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 04:49:55 am »
I'd start this for NA...buuuut our admins don't get paid...they get chosen. They can lose it just as easily as they got it. There was a time when admin complaints didn't exist...back before crpg had dipshits on na who thought it was funny to be racist/tk/pollspammers. Those were the days when there were only 4 admins instead of 14.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Devilize

• Baron
  • Renown: 125
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!!!
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_NA Server info
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devilize, Hospitaller_Devil_Eyez
  • IRC nick: Devilize
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 04:58:13 am »
Kinda funny seeing people bitch about not being able to bitch about NA admins, yet I see no one stopping them from posting. At the same time this is a failed concept. All I see is trolls flocking to whine about admins they don't actually have any concern over just to see them stripped of their position.

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 05:21:34 am »
I believe we have too many idiots and children in NA to use this function properly. The process itself would get abused.

It would have to be done through PM, not publicly on the forums. The smell of troll would just attract more trolls.

If you have a problem with a serious case of admin abuse, don't hesitate to send a PM.

Unfortunately, conspiracy theories don't make the cut.  Date and time so I can check the logs help.

I'll only start taking concern once I get enough PMs about the admin - I ain't losing sleep over this.

As mentioned before; play the game the way its meant to be played, help your team, remain civil in chat - and you'll be playing there uninterrupted. If you can't manage that, then expect some form of punishment - and don't come crying afterwards.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 05:23:39 am by Gash »
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 04:31:04 pm »
Ah so this is what it's all about  :shock: well then here I'll just post it here as well

I didn't know that being an admin is a popularity contest. In my experience usually the most hated admins are the ones that are doing their shit right. Keep up the good works.

Lol got watched >.<
On it.

Offline Poetrydog

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Poetrydog, Fallen_Santa_Rudolph, Fallen_Poetryfox
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 05:20:29 pm »
Ah so this is what it's all about  :shock: well then here I'll just post it here as well

I didn't know that being an admin is a popularity contest. In my experience usually the most hated admins are the ones that are doing their shit right. Keep up the good works.

Lol got watched >.<
Everkistus is doing good and I've never seen complaints about him  :wink:
Quote from: RamsesXXIX
Running around naked with 80 other guys.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 05:39:06 pm »
After reading baltons (crappy) abuse trhead, i would lvoe if you could add one more rule to this forum:
Be 100% sure that the person you are accusing is actually the person who was aboosing.
If you didnt see him do it, none of your fellow players saw it and he didn't tell you, try sending him a PM asking him if he did it.
If he answers no, there's pretty much nothing you can do, as the risk of a false accuse is too high.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 12:44:37 am »
And so the cliques and trolls have a new land to lay waste to.  All trolling aside:

+1 to you chadz if this is an intentional plan, a new means of trolling on your part in order to gather the cliques and trolls together for future reference when needing to expose why their opinions cannot be taken as valid on a topic.

If this is a serious attempt however then all I can say is good luck.  I think you've already seen what the future holds:  1 member of a clan/clique makes a thread, every clanmate will +1 it.  Balton will +1 them all just because he's a fucktard and posts will need to be deleted liberally along with the handing out of mutes.  Good idea, bad community for it.  Still, good luck anyways.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 01:27:37 am »
We've been thinking for some time how to make a fair compromise between players and admins.

We hereby present you the admin aBooze Forum.

These are the rules, they are STRICT, you might get warned, muted or banned for ignoring them!

A. Nomination Phase
The Nomination Phase looks like this: you accuse an admin of abuse. You have to state the reason. Do this by posting a new thread with the name of the admin in the thread title.

B. Nomination Phase, Part 2

Now you need people sharing your opinion on the abusing admin. You have to get 15 unique posters in here that share the dislike of the adminning action of above mentioned admin. They dont have to state a reason, it might help though. NO spam, NO chitter, also NO defending. Purely stating that you dislike an admin. The only exception is the accused admin - he may post 1! post on his defense. No discussing of the topic.

C. Voting phase

When 15 posts are reached, a public, anonymous vote will be started, that will run for 72 hours. After that time, admin status will be removed if 50% or more voted on removing him.

Nice, very nice. Sounds like a lot of fun.

May I have admin status back?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 01:33:34 am »

Nice, very nice. Sounds like a lot of fun.

May I have admin status back?

Only to have it removed instantly?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 06:21:24 am »
I'd start this for NA...buuuut our admins don't get paid...they get chosen. They can lose it just as easily as they got it. There was a time when admin complaints didn't exist...back before crpg had dipshits on na who thought it was funny to be racist/tk/pollspammers. Those were the days when there were only 4 admins instead of 14.

These days there are not a lot of assholes, or the assholes have gone into hiding?
Just a soldier

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 03:39:56 pm »
Only to have it removed instantly?

I have administrated the servers in a most competent way for several months (most of the time).

This was in a time before your mommy bought you a computer, so you couldnt know. Now you do.

I retired because in my opinion something like this was missing.
I didnt want to be "god" on the servers because I got admin rights (by error).
Believe it or not, if you want to do it right, the administration is work you do in your free time and you dont get paid for it, at least not in cash or privileges. Your only payment is that the community appreciates your work.

Now its there, so I can retire from retirement.

When and if you or someone else thinks that I am not a good admin (any more), you now have this tool.

But in the meantime, I dont see why I shouldnt be back.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
Re: IMPORTANT: Posting in this forum gets you muted
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 04:34:26 pm »
Joxer,

You have received a warning for posts in the admin abuse board that do not abide by the board rules. Read them carefully before posting there again.
Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team.

Wtf? I posted -1 for lilith vote. So you're not allowed to vote - but only +? That's just bs.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.