Author Topic: Long Spear  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Spinnin' and winnin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Phoenix
Long Spear
« on: December 01, 2011, 12:23:45 am »
How is that shit realistic if you can fling it around everywhere and 2 shot someone.
It's not always about winning. It's about spinning.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Long Spear
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 12:27:25 am »
+2
Yeah a poke to the face should onehit! buff!
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 03:38:50 am »
+16
Yeah bro, that shit aint realistic, I LARP with foam pikes all the fuckin' time and I've actually killed a couple of people on accident.

Atleast cRPG got the pike wiggling right, a foam pike to the side will decapitate the fuck out of you and should rightly kill you, I've also successfully curved my pikes around friends and walls to decapitate spectators in the background.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 09:08:41 am »
+1
Yeah bro, that shit aint realistic, I LARP with foam pikes all the fuckin' time and I've actually killed a couple of people on accident.

Atleast cRPG got the pike wiggling right, a foam pike to the side will decapitate the fuck out of you and should rightly kill you, I've also successfully curved my pikes around friends and walls to decapitate spectators in the background.

Epic.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 11:27:28 am »

So just add random hits to ppl around for realism  :mrgreen:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 11:30:15 am »
+1
Well long spear has been nerfed quite heavily in the last few patches and I've already noticed a decrease in longspear/pike kill hunters on the servers these days.

Killing around walls/other people or even killing through walls is still ridiculous though.

Offline Richter

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Richter, the pikeman.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Richter
  • IRC nick: Rallix
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 07:03:35 pm »
Killing around walls/other people or even killing through walls is still ridiculous though.
Not really. The way they do it is of course silly, but with a real pike, one can easily bring the arm around an object and stab behind it, provided there's room to do so. I just think its silly when I can do it through something that would be physically impossible to stab around.
Indeed.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 07:48:31 pm »
LARP

Suggestions Corner »
Realism Discussion

:lol:

Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 12:32:41 pm »
Not really. The way they do it is of course silly, but with a real pike, one can easily bring the arm around an object and stab behind it, provided there's room to do so.

Still ridiculous. Bring an arm around? That feature is not in the game, thus there shouldn't be a mechanic supporting it.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 09:41:07 am »
I think what he really meant was  1)  the stupid spinaround thingy that still works for all long weapons (it is even more retarded with a stick that is 3-5 meters long  :rolleyes: )

and 2) the stupid backpaddling that works with all these long polearms. Seriously, how can a guy jump and hit with a stick of that length? That would never ever work  :rolleyes:

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Monkeys!

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 03:16:37 am »
Shields should work like that in crpg as well!

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 09:08:19 pm »
Perhaps long spears and pikes would have themselves a "body" so that you must go around them. This way when people make spear walls with pikes you cant just walk through them all, you have to go around them. The addition to make this less derpy is to mess with the spear mechanics so it will only damage at the very tip and will glance(maybe stun) anywhere else on the spear. This applies to cav as well, their horses would get stopped automatically(not reared) by the collision with the spears body. With wse is this possible? It would certainly give the spears are more exciting niche as a charge "stopper" and long distance only poker. Maybe 15-23 pierce damage, keep it very low.

Amusing sidenote, if you had enough spearmen together you could trap opponents with the collision. Kinda like in all those  kingdom movies where they try to capture generals.

Offline Waylit

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: chinaserf1
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 05:06:19 pm »
+2
Here's the problems with LS/Pike:

1) spinning your body in this game gives the weapon speed, so people will do it to get the most deadly hit.  It makes sense for most weapons, but looks ridiculous for the LS/Pike.  Unfortunately there is really little to be done about this.

2)  The LS/Pike can be blocked by a guy just holding block down.  In fact, three LS together can now only stab, so they can all be stopped by one backpeddling 2her.  It is COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC that spears only stab in one direction.  Both LS and Pike should have an alternate weapon mode (press x to toggle) where the animation changes and their poke becomes high piercing attack.  That way two Pikemen don't get raped by a block-downer, which makes NO SENSE since the Pike was a defensive Teamwork Weapon. 

Right now, the spinning happens because the "leet dudes" know that if you turn your back on a guy he will let his block go and prime a swing, and that's your only chance to get past his Down Block.  So if the LS/Pike weren't as GIMPED by the #2, perhaps the #1 wouldn't be the only way to success with the weapon.