Author Topic: Nerf polearm stun  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
Nerf polearm stun
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:22:10 pm »
It's getting ridiculous, almost every single polearm has stun, if you get hit once unless you manage to block twice in a row you can't hit back. And it's not a matter of weapon weight as it should be, weapons like War Spear (1.5 weight), Iron Staff (2 weight), Long Hafted Knobbed Mace (2.8 weight) stun at every single swing. Combined with their 95 speed, if you get hit once in most cases you're dead, unless you're a 1H+Shield.

In order to fix this, either make stun dependent on weapon weight (no weapon lighter than 5 weight should ever stun), either add the stun effect that polearms have to 2H to make it balanced at least, or remove stun entirely.

In b4 polearm players say the stun is their way to fight 2H - show me the 2H weapons that have 95 speed, 130+ range and stun on every single hit :rolleyes:

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Re: Nerf polearm stun
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 06:26:16 pm »
You using a longsword or some another lightweight fast sword or what? I never stun a serious weapon.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Sir_Ironlake

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 06:27:34 pm »
2h have better speed, better dmg and lolstab. way superior to polearms for fighting in melee.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 06:28:20 pm »
You using a longsword or some another lightweight fast sword or what? I never stun a serious weapon.

It's about getting stunned when you get hit, not when you block. Basically get hit once -> you can't hit back unless you block twice in a row (and how often does that happen outside duels) -> you're dead.

2h have better speed, better dmg and lolstab. way superior to polearms for fighting in melee.

Polearms actually have better speed (except poleaxes), better range and about the same damage. But I'm not complaining about this, even if there are some OP polearms (Long Hafted Blade anyone?), the problem is the polearm STUN effect on every succesful hit.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:38:21 pm by Punisher »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 06:35:35 pm »
It's about getting stunned when you get hit

Oh that. happens sometimes with all polearms (it's intristic to polearms and not to weight, the stun on block is weight related), but I really don't experience that much as a polearmer since I one hit kill most of the time anyway  :D
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 06:49:13 pm »
I don't experience it that frequently too but yesterday there was an annoying guy that was too fast and was able to hit you 3 times before recovering and it's not always possible to survive many hits with medium armour.

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 07:23:24 pm »
Are you talking about me now Punisher? I like to think I'm more skilled than average player, and I'm having hard time dueling profient twohanders with my war spear, due it bouncing. If you stab too close, it bounces. If you swing in a bad angle, it bounces.

Every class has it's downsides and bright sides.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 07:31:05 pm »
Are you talking about me now Punisher?

No lol, thanks to banner balance we usually fight on the same side :P. There are a lot of polearm stunners out there, mainly Long Hafted Knobbed Mace users (this seems to be the favourite backup weapon for most people). Fortunately War Spear is quite rare, it was just an example of a weapon with very low weight that stuns.

Offline Vance

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 07:37:47 pm »
It doesn't happen so consistently when you have 8 shield skill, 8 athletics, high strength and a decent shield. I know that much.

If you have 5 shield skill or below then it seems like almost every time, but then I could be exaggerating because it's traumatic.. :P

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 07:41:22 pm »
I'm talking about the stun on hit, that happens like 90% of the time not the stun-through-block, that's something else, depends on weapon weight and shouldn't be changed.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 547
  • Infamy: 1343
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 08:10:59 pm »
I think that there ain't bigger crybaby on these forums than you, Punisher. Most of your posts are, 1H are OP NERF NERF!! and now polearms. You must suck badly if you can't do good with 2H (I suppose you're 2H). Look at Bjord f.e. Does he cry about 1H? No. Does he cry about Poles? No. He simply kill them both and he has low agi which means your problem is even worse for him.

Admit that you suck as a player and start getting better and everything will be fine  :D

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 08:14:26 pm »
I only whine on forums because it seems devs listen to these whines, just take a look how 1H got buffed and 2h/PA nerfed after all the whining threads . Just count how many whine threads about 2h/pa are on this section. So if these "forum whining battles" seem to work why not do it too? :lol:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:17:31 pm by Punisher »

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 08:43:14 pm »
you can't hit back unless you block twice in a row (and how often does that happen outside duels)
Uhm. It happens quite a lot.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 08:54:09 pm »
Deal with it.

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 08:55:34 pm »
Deal with it.
So spoketh he, and the crowd stared in awe, reading the developers wisdom from their screens.