Poll

Do you like donkleaps as an admin?

Yeah, he's doing great.
51 (52%)
He's too harsh with his powers.
47 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: Boycott the community servers.  (Read 10669 times)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Boycott the community servers.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 06:36:54 pm »
My good friends Memento Mori and Fuer Griss Ost Drauka have been wrongly banned.
If you are with us, do not play on the community servers, play on the official servers.
Boycott especially Donkleaps_KGB
Until they get unbanned DL will be playing on the official severs.

This is the same Argoth that chased me all over the map, throwing javelins and taking swipes at me until you team wounded me.  I assume you think I team wounded you during a typical melee cluster.  I don't know if I did, but even if that happened that's no excuse to intentionally team wound in revenge.  I asked you about it in chat with no answer.  You should have been kicked for that crap.

Offline Donkleaps

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 07:19:33 pm »
+3
Hi Guys I was just told I was being called out here so I thought I would come take a gander.

I'll start by saying this. I took on this job at the request of Ecko last friday (8/19). Contrary to popular belief the Community servers are not "ATS" servers and this seems to be the most difficult part in getting people to understand. It is a group of servers ran on 100% donation with admins from just about every major organization in the game. Currently the whole project is put together and ran by 4 individuals so if something does not get immediately done it is because we are a little strapped for time.

Another thing to consider is that we are trying our best not to spam up the crpg page with Community server business as we are unofficial and it is rude and presumptuous in my mind to use this forum which chadz and crew have kindly given everyone to attempt to section it off. This is also something being worked on.

The idea is to make the servers playable and accessible to both crpg veterans and newcomers alike and in order to do that the first step is to rebuild the adminship infrastructure which is what we have been working on for the week. We have added a couple of admins and removed a couple of admins as well for trolling players and being general nuisances.

Currently the administration of the Community servers are working on a couple of projects to make communication easier and to update the Community ruleset in an easier to read format since the majority of players that play on those servers recently seem to not read the old list. One of these features we hope to get set up is a better notification system to let players know about events and what not that we will be hosting starting in the next month hopefully.

Now that being said as far as this whole public slander of Community servers goes. As a professional administrator and community organizer for several years there is absolutely no real reason for it. For whatever reason the main troublemakers in this instance have it in their minds that public outcry of being victimized by the big bad mean admins will somehow change a policy decision which will not happen.

As far as the personal attacks directed towards me that's fine. Everyone is allowed their opinions but I guarantee you check with those that have known me for any real amount of time or my actual professional references and you will hear nothing but good things about my fairness in both dealings with people and policy decisions.

I even went so far as to  ask around for the DL teamspeak so that I could speak directly to Mori since the forums were getting spammed/trolled pretty hard. After being on that server in a room with him and one other person for less than a minute it trying to once again explain what exactly was happening he just started yelling and cursing me out so I left. There is 0 requirement for myself or any admin not just in the Community sector but official as well to take verbal abuse in any scale.

So bite into the hype and spin that these guys are throwing around if you want but this is the only and last time I will make a defensive post on the crpg main boards.

Thanks folks,
Donk

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 07:23:13 pm »
+1
DL not playing somewhere sounds like a reason to play there...
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 09:41:29 pm »
Hi Guys I was just told I was being called out here so I thought I would come take a gander.

I even went so far as to  ask around for the DL teamspeak so that I could speak directly to Mori since the forums were getting spammed/trolled pretty hard. After being on that server in a room with him and one other person for less than a minute it trying to once again explain what exactly was happening he just started yelling and cursing me out so I left. There is 0 requirement for myself or any admin not just in the Community sector but official as well to take verbal abuse in any scale.

So bite into the hype and spin that these guys are throwing around if you want but this is the only and last time I will make a defensive post on the crpg main boards.

Hmm, I'd rather not get involved, but first, Mori has not posted nor endorsed this thread. Second, from mori, He said you stayed in 1 minute just to give your side and left without listening to him. It's only fair if boths sides are represented. And, Until I see the logs, this is all hearsay. Post the logs quell the he said, she said nonsense. I will also state that you have banned people for their names(Example: Star_Fker). Now I don't remember the rules but i don't think that classifies under offensive name. If it does, well, personal opinion(?). Bah I'm getting involved, i'll just shut up now. Post the logs damn it, and shut up every idiot. It's not hard. Probably won't read this anyway.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 10:32:46 pm »
+3
I don't believe that these are truly "community" servers, that implies a level of democracy that is non-existent.

The official servers are a more pleasant experience. Admin abuse is less common, pings are better, no admin messages from Ecko about voting in some sort of drama poll to keep the ATS servers around,  less drama in general and it has a friendlier atmosphere.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Stylin_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valt_The_Duke_of_Disco
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 10:41:49 pm »
Me? When was I acting like an ass? They got banned when I wasn't even on, you're mistaken.

Sorry I guess what I typed was kind of confusing, you was referring to those who were acting like asses, if that makes more sense.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 10:42:55 pm »
+1
Reading this over..

Maybe one day the community servers will find a new box to squat in, and Donkleaps can completely reform his administrators, policies, and style of moderation in accordance with that of the community/general NA public. Other than that, senseless butt hurt fucking messages like this serve to do nothing but create senseless drama, if you had a legitimate, formulated complaint, I'm sure Donk would have heard it out and acknowledged it.

The only thing wrong with the community servers right now is the horrible lag and ping at server stress times, but hopefully one day that will be fixed.

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 11:25:58 pm »
I love the community servers.  I think the only players who don't are the morons who like to be able to get away with team-attacking and trolling up the chat.

Community servers more often have admins on, and admins who aren't afraid to enforce the rules.  I'm more than happy to play on a server where I know an admin won't be afraid to ban me if I break a rule - that means other people are more likely to behave as well.

I'm not sure why some people feel they have an inborn right to argue with admins.  Let those types stick to the official servers; I'd be happy to see community server admins immediately ban anyone who does it, so they can be less distracted from keeping the server in line.  Good riddance ;)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 11:30:53 pm »
I love the community servers.  I think the only players who don't are the morons who like to be able to get away with team-attacking and trolling up the chat.

Community servers more often have admins on, and admins who aren't afraid to enforce the rules.  I'm more than happy to play on a server where I know an admin won't be afraid to ban me if I break a rule - that means other people are more likely to behave as well.

I'm not sure why some people feel they have an inborn right to argue with admins.  Let those types stick to the official servers; I'd be happy to see community server admins immediately ban anyone who does it, so they can be less distracted from keeping the server in line.  Good riddance ;)

Theres a difference between consistent and firm admining and powertripping no humor admins.  Admins that think every remark is a personal attack on them and threaten & intimidate the playerbase like its chocolate chip cookie german or something.  Good admins should be like an invisible hand.

Would be nice if this game was actually modernized like other FPS, so admins can WRITE in comments for a kick/ban without entering in some weird ass code.  Kick should also be your warning in most instances, not this 24/7 'warning state' like it currently exists.  The admins do more typing then playing.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:32:04 pm by Digglez »

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 12:10:23 am »
They do have a comment system, don't they?  They can put in 'kicked for teamwounding' or 'leeching' or whatever.  Some of them use it, but it doesn't really matter to me - I've never seen anything that looked like a 'powertripping admin' to me, nor heard any legitimate complaints about admin behavior on community servers.

Usually the complaints are something like "Well yeah I was team-wounding, but the other guy tked me first!  And anyway, you could have just kicked me, not banned me for a whole day!"

I'm glad to see people like that banned.  IMO, good admins are first concerned with keeping the game running smoothly for rule-following players.  Being as gentle as possible with rule-breakers to sweetly coax them into behaving.. that's not something that keeps me up at night.

And this seems to be the difference between those people (and it's the majority, though most aren't especially vocal on the forums) who like the Community servers and those who don't.  People willing to follow the rules love it because they don't have to put up with all the BS you find on official servers; people who cannot follow the rules or actually plan to break them don't like it because there will be actual consequences if they're caught.

Offline Donkleaps

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 12:14:01 am »
Theres a difference between consistent and firm admining and powertripping no humor admins.  Admins that think every remark is a personal attack on them and threaten & intimidate the playerbase like its chocolate chip cookie german or something.  Good admins should be like an invisible hand.

Would be nice if this game was actually modernized like other FPS, so admins can WRITE in comments for a kick/ban without entering in some weird ass code.  Kick should also be your warning in most instances, not this 24/7 'warning state' like it currently exists.  The admins do more typing then playing.
« Last Edit: Today at 20:32:04 by Digglez »

This is one of the issues I am trying to address. It will be done by making sure all admins on the Community servers are on the same page as far as policy goes. I jsut ask for a little time while I try to get everything into place.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 12:36:48 am »
Would be nice if this game was actually modernized like other FPS

FPS

FPS

:mad:

Stop categorizing this as an FPS.

For god's sake.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 01:11:57 am »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:21:23 am by Mechanix »
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline SMEGMAR

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Swag so dope, snapback rehab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 01:14:11 am »
Hurrrrrrrrr

Smegmar #1 NA HOC guy that actually doesn't suck dick at cRPG

Offline D_the_Barbarian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
    • View Profile
    • I have no website
  • Faction: none
  • Game nicks: D_the_Barbarian and Millions of alts like D_the_Female.
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 01:19:50 am »
He banned Pike_Bastard for having the word Bastard in his name, claiming it to be a curse word.
Dictionary.com definition-
bas·tard
   /ˈbæstərd/ Show Spelled[bas-terd] Show IPA
noun
a person born of unmarried parents; an illegitimate child.
Slang .
a.
a vicious, despicable, or thoroughly disliked person: Some bastard slashed the tires on my car.
b.
a person, especially a man: The poor bastard broke his leg.
something irregular, inferior, spurious, or unusual.
bastard culverin.

See, only mean in slang term.
BRING BACK PIKE BASTARD!
On a similar note, it is imperative to carry smoke bombs. Archers get confused because they're so ineffective that they pause to wonder why, so they end up being as effective as intended.