Author Topic: Defenders of Haringoth castle  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Narestel

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
    • The Coalition forum
  • Faction: The Coalition
  • Game nicks: Narestel_HRE
Re: Defenders of Haringoth castle
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 01:12:08 pm »
+1
As Felipe II of Spain would say regarding the failure of the Invincible Armada (but applied to this siege):

"I sent my siege machines to fight against walls, not against bugs" :lol:

(Original phrase translated from Spanish: "I sent my ships to fight against men, not against tempests")

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 01:20:10 pm »
i had a cata plan, catas are bugged

Amo had a ladder plan, ladders bugged

i don't remember who had a siege tower plan, it bugged

sp ramp was deleted so only our bugged means could be used

a bit boring to siege with all those bugs :x

But calling Kapikulu incompetent in using siegeequipment... rite. Lolwen at it's best. ;)
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 03:19:25 pm »
I would add the epic hole in the gate of this castle : attackers were able to jump over it if they put a ladder so that it reaches a particular place.

I would say this "bug" in the construction of the castle is fair since defenders couldnt use siege tower and ladders effectively but I would prefer that this was repaired AND that a taller siege tower was created for this kind of castle.

Not to talk about a "texture bug" that enabled the attackers to pop up in the castle (thats what I heard on TS anyway, but couldnt understand how and where).

Offline Amo_the_Grey

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 03:28:55 pm »
it's easy. We jumped through the hole over the gate xD I tested it in other castles and it is there able too. In one castle easier in other more difficult, but able.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 04:38:38 pm »
I would add the epic hole in the gate of this castle : attackers were able to jump over it if they put a ladder so that it reaches a particular place.

I would say this "bug" in the construction of the castle is fair since defenders couldnt use siege tower and ladders effectively but I would prefer that this was repaired AND that a taller siege tower was created for this kind of castle.

Not to talk about a "texture bug" that enabled the attackers to pop up in the castle (thats what I heard on TS anyway, but couldnt understand how and where).
The texture bug? Dunno what your talking about there. Maybe that's what it seemed like for you the (VERY) few times a ladder was broken and due to it's position we were flinged up ON the wall instead of to our death. Happened to me once and was hilarious :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 04:52:48 pm »
The texture bug? Dunno what your talking about there. Maybe that's what it seemed like for you the (VERY) few times a ladder was broken and due to it's position we were flinged up ON the wall instead of to our death. Happened to me once and was hilarious :D

Castle is so big one cant see everything  : its how rumors spread!

I tested it in other castles and it is there able too. In one castle easier in other more difficult, but able.

But is it supposed to be like that ?

Its already hard to man the walls where attackers are assembling for a ladder charge, if on every castle there is a preexistent route open for attackers to break in it could be too hard, even if in this siege defenders dealt with this without too much problems (you still almost managed to gather enough troops the first time, but I spotted your little trick and called for reinforcements  :twisted: ).

One way of dealing with the gate problem could be to open the gate and destroy ladders and come back but its still really dangerous for defenders.