Author Topic: Faster Game Speed  (Read 21164 times)

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
Re: Faster Game Speed
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2011, 04:11:41 pm »
If you are referring to native where most NA servers have gamemode set to fastest - this was probably what killed native in north america.

No need to repeat that.

(more ping dependant, less skill dependant, spamming is more useful, etc etc)

Thank you

recently my internet has been bugging out and I've been stuck at 80-120 ping on NA servers where I would normally get 30-60 the only reason I can still play without simply rage quitting and saying the game is unplayable is because this game isn't lightening fast anymore people with higher pings have a chance to defend themselves against people with 9-30 ping.

I would want this if I had a better ping :)

lol totally agree :P

All you guys saying how skilled it is that you can block super fast lightening striking weapons, that's great, you have thoroughly impressed me..
Just gotta say this again so it's even more obvious

I would want this if I had a better ping :)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2011, 04:17:47 pm »
+1
average skill is WAY higher. a

Just to elaborate on this.. it's actually pretty weird how much the average skill has improved. Now there are a LOT of pretty good players that you need to do something "special" against to hit - chamber etc. 6 months or so ago most people had problems with a simple feint or two.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tempest

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tempest
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2011, 04:58:58 pm »
Ping has nothing to do with it. Take archery for example. If you have high ping you have to shoot infront of the guy to actually shoot him. So what about the archers with high ping why dont we nerf something to let them play too? But what can we do? Hmm....Oh i know! Lets nerf Ath so even the archers with high ping will be able to shoot easily.... but whatever if you really think its fine as it is then its fine.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:23:21 pm by Tempest »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2011, 06:10:03 pm »
Ping has nothing to do with it. Take archery for example. If you have high ping you have to shoot infront of the guy to actually shoot him. So what about the archers with high ping why dont we nerf something to let them play too? But what can we do? Hmm....Oh i know! Lets nerf Ath so even the archers with high ping will be able to shoot easily.... but whatever if you really think its fine as it is then its fine.
words can not describe how much of an idiot you are.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2011, 06:11:08 pm »
Having a high ping has nothing to do with skill.
What you are basically asking for is making the game unplayable for a lot of people that don't have low ping on any or most servers - like, fuck off? No, fuck you.

so back in 2010 cRPG was unplayable? no. i had 80-110 ping at that time, a rig barely able to keep 40fps in a big strat battle.

instead babbling fuck here and fuck there, just think.

words can not describe how much of an idiot you are.

said the genius that enlightened us about this discussion.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 06:12:15 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2011, 06:14:01 pm »
In the end, chadz said no because he has this strange opinion that we should cater to average player skill and not the top elite...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2011, 06:14:17 pm »
Yeah, it was nearing that. Certain builds, certain players with certain weapons i couldn't possibly block, their attacks just passing through my blocks always. Nothing about skill, fairness or fun there.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2011, 06:16:07 pm »
People with 80+ ping should perhaps consider if they're playing the right game. A twitch-based game where 'skill' equals your reacation time. :rolleyes:
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2011, 06:18:57 pm »
+1
People that think that their fun is more important than that of others should perhaps consider not playing at all for a while.  :rolleyes:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2011, 06:37:25 pm »
Ya, I dunno though. You can go watch people duel in the strategus duel server, it's so slowwwwwwwwww compared to native. Used to be comparable, if not faster.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2011, 06:38:28 pm »
In the end, chadz said no because he has this strange opinion that we should cater to average player skill and not the top elite...

In the end, chadz said no because he has normal opinion that he do the mod for himself (and he can't block for shit even on slow, so it's obvious he dont want fastest).

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2011, 06:51:48 pm »
isn't there a FAST game speed? Something between the medium we have now and Fastest?

Why not do a test run on that speed for a bit. I mean, IT IS a beta. Why not test a different speed and see if that speed hurts what's been done, or helps it. If it's not efficient then roll back to medium.

If you DO do a speed increase, don't tell anyone until afterwords. That way the complaints won't be premeditated. A lot of people complain that faster game will increase spam, so if stated ahead of time, then the spam complaints WILL increase. If not, then the likelihood of them increasing is minimal for the first day or two.

TL;DR
Ninja increase game speed to fast(if it's there, not fastest), test it for a few days and see the results.

I bring this back up since people don't like to listen to the guy with a compromise made up. :( Just try fast(NOT FASTEST) and see how it goes. Revert back and then ask for opinions. Test, Acquire data, Post Data, Make decision. All this Back then that and ping this doesn't help. Test it and let the FACTS state what should be done. (Though I'm of the opinion that fast might be just right, medium though might be best. I'd love to test it and see how it goes. Lets use the NA community for it, since EU gets everything else tested ;p)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2011, 07:31:12 pm »
As Thomek has said, if you're starting to find the game too easy there's many ways to gimp yourself.

Take off the armour. Use a short/unbalanced weapon. Play an archer with 50 one hand wpf. If anything, you'll get a greater sense of accomplishment if you do manage to kill something.

If you're not willing to do that, then you're probably not measuring skill in terms of actual skill, but in kills.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2011, 08:37:28 pm »
As Thomek has said, if you're starting to find the game too easy there's many ways to gimp yourself.

Take off the armour. Use a short/unbalanced weapon. Play an archer with 50 one hand wpf. If anything, you'll get a greater sense of accomplishment if you do manage to kill something.

If you're not willing to do that, then you're probably not measuring skill in terms of actual skill, but in kills.

there is a big difference between easy and slow. mind it.

so what we all have to do is running naked with a torch trying to topping the scoreboards? uh whatever.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2011, 08:39:02 pm »
It takes an average of only a few seconds for me to kill my opponent in melee on the battlefield, or be killed... I don't see this as needing to be faster. Rare are any fights that last longer then ten seconds.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.