Author Topic: Faster Game Speed  (Read 20766 times)

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: Faster Game Speed
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2011, 01:13:10 pm »
All we need is the Chefflon Uanler  http://chefflonuanler.weebly.com/

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2011, 01:18:05 pm »
+1
So what you basicly trying to say is %2 of community is pretty good at this game but the other %98 is pretty good at whining so they win.This mod is turning more into WoW with every single patch. I asume in the near future we will be having ''3 sec cast time'' for a single sword swing. Just look at Strategus. Battles at 6 am? Reminds of raid times.

In this thread its the 2% thats whining  :P
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tempest

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tempest
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2011, 01:18:26 pm »
What...
I can't even..

are you really that stupid?

I really think i need a break from cRPG, the retards that feel the urge to voice their "opinion" lately really give me a headache

/clap
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • "At the end of a smile there's a laugh and a half"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Militia
  • Game nicks: Militia_Iwarad
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2011, 01:34:07 pm »
+1
Will somebody PLEASE think of the tripple-loomed elite scimitars? :O They do not need to be any faster.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2011, 01:41:17 pm »
+1
No.

Thats my opinion.
Maybe make a seperate test server with faster speed, but thats it.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2011, 01:50:01 pm »
So what you basicly trying to say is %2 of community is pretty good at this game but the other %98 is pretty good at whining so they win.This mod is turning more into WoW with every single patch. I asume in the near future we will be having ''3 sec cast time'' for a single sword swing. Just look at Strategus. Battles at 6 am? Reminds of raid times.

.... chadz isn't talking about whiners, he's talking about the general playerbase and you make no sense. You can't cater exclusively to the best players or you'll lose 98% of your playerbase. What chadz says makes sense, but I think cRPG's average skill level is getting high enough to increase the gamespeed a little - 20-30 wpf increase across the board would be swell, IMO.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2011, 01:56:34 pm »
Ok now seriously... I don't think the game is too slow right now, can't we  just be  happy for what we have? Honestly i think there shouldn't be any space for duelers outside duel server, Imo this game is about teamplay and trying to find the best tactic to annihilate player's individual skill(aka ganking).

As Mtemko said, maybe devs should test faster speed on a separate  server, it could be a server with low population ,for example Eu4 (btw for what i know Eu4 could be already setted on highest speed )
What we are  unconsciosly trying to find is the Chefflon Uanler, the answer to all our problems: THE TRUE TRUTH

http://chefflonuanler.weebly.com/
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:46:35 am by Lars the warden »

Offline Yugop

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2011, 02:00:23 pm »
Agree on the game becoming a little too slow paced, but it's really not that bad.
Changing the game speed setting is a terrible, terrible idea though : it doesn't look all that much faster, and from my experience screws up the game mechanics quite a bit (weird timing, hits registered slightly before the model actually gets you ...).

Offline Tempest

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tempest
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2011, 02:09:05 pm »
.... chadz isn't talking about whiners, he's talking about the general playerbase and you make no sense. You can't cater exclusively to the best players or you'll lose 98% of your playerbase. What chadz says makes sense, but I think cRPG's average skill level is getting high enough to increase the gamespeed a little - 20-30 wpf increase across the board would be swell, IMO.

Didnt it all start with whiners?Game was fine before all those nerf patches.It was hardcore.You were getting one hitted by pretty much everything and you needed to be on guard at all time because of it.It needed skillz to survive  but ''the general playerbase'' eventualy started to whine.And game become slower and easier with every patch. Where you just simply grind to level 31 and get a heilrloom and do it again and again. It even needs like 5 hit to kill a guy now.Eventually it became the new Wow. Even wow pvp is harder than crpg right now. You need to press like 10+ buttons there. Whereas here you just press left click,right click,left click,right click...

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2011, 02:12:03 pm »
In this thread its the 2% thats whining  :P

we're not whining. we just stated some good things. overall skill is increased, the game feel slower than a year ago (where average skill was so low that spamming was rewarding)

i just gave my 2 cents about almost a year playing this mod. every balance patch (good or bad.. mostly good) only nerfd abused weapons instead buffing the weak ones. patch after patch, the nerf tweaks all together, just made clear how fast was the fighting speed in september 2010 and how slow is now.

is not a complain about a weapon category versus another or the never ending war 2h versus polearms, ranged versus non-shielders.

we just stated facts, we had good replies, we had good opinions from chadz and the devs.

the conclusion is satisfacting.

A- we can't raise the overall fighting speed because would raise the gap between low pingers and high pingers, between elitists and casuals.
B- we COULD anyway see some wpf scale improvements. the more and more strength builds or balanced but STR minded builds proves that. because mindless spamming is not anymore a viable choice. the only advantage in taking more agility is just for athletics. after 5 WM, agi is no more worthy. example:

level 30
5WM
main profiency = 148

level 30
6WM
main profiency = 156

level 30
7WM
main profiency = 164

level 30
8WM
main profiency = 173

level 30
9WM
main profiency = 181

as you can see, every weapon master past 5, only raise your main weapon by 8-9 points against a 8% damage increase by powerstrike per point.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2011, 02:13:58 pm »
Ok now seriously... I don't think the game is so slow right now, can't we  jus be  happy for what we have? Honestly i think there shouldn't be any space for duelers outside duel server, Imo this game is about teamplay and trying to find the best tactic to annihilate player's individual skill(aka ganking).

As Mtemko said, maybe devs should test faster speed on a separate  server, it could be a server with low population ,for example Eu4 (btw for what i know Eu4 could be already setted on highest speed )
What we are  unconsciosly trying to find is the Chefflon Uanler, the answer to all our problems: THE TRUE TRUTH

http://chefflonuanler.weebly.com/

lars... your opinion is biased because your computer actually sucks  :P and you never saw the old cRPG when the speed was really almost doubled.

when you'll soon change your rig, you'll understand what we're talking about.
Didnt it all start with whiners?Game was fine before all those nerf patches.It was hardcore.You were getting one hitted by pretty much everything and you needed to be on guard at all time because of it.It needed skillz to survive  but ''the general playerbase'' eventualy started to whine.And game become slower and easier with every patch. Where you just simply grind to level 31 and get a heilrloom and do it again and again. It even needs like 5 hit to kill a guy now.Eventually it became the new Wow. Even wow pvp is harder than crpg right now. You need to press like 10+ buttons there. Whereas here you just press left click,right click,left click,right click...

you're right. at that time, cRPG average skill was not high enough to play with that speed. now things are different. average skill is WAY higher. and a more hardcore game will only make average players grow. but as the average skill grow, the speed nerfs kicks in... that's what i don't really understand. now average manual blockers blocks so good that we'll see just more and more mauls.

and please don't say NERF HAMMERS SPEED without thinking about it a second.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 02:18:20 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2011, 02:25:55 pm »
Well, I'm another one of those "vets" who are here since 2010 summer, or are from around that time.

Got to agree, the game was very, very different back then, the speeds and skills provided a totally different gameplay than our current version, obviously.

The speed was different, a lot. I remember when the devs introduced the poleaxes, I instantly saved up for the Elegant.
(yes, people HAD TO save up back then, you only earned like 200-250 if you were good per round.)

And it had a speed of 97, later 95, then 93, and now, 92. I'll only mention this weapon because It's my most used and trusty weapon in the game, can't really judge other stuff, let alone non-polearm things from personal experience.

To be honest, what I really miss from old times is the feeling of achievement. Granted, you can grind to 31, then get a heirloom, do nice deals at the market, but this feels kinda meh. You can have everything so easily now.

At old cRPG, people were afraid of experimenting, or buying certain weapons because rumors were told that they're bugged.
Anyone remember Gnjus with the Sniper Crossbow? Yeah, things like that.

Also, what I really dislike, is how we modernized in a lazy way. People just.. optimize. Optimize their leveling speed so they reach 30 in a blink of an eye compared to old times, optimize their builds to the last skill point, optimize their gear and equipment to the degree that we'll end up fighting each-others clones, with different sets. At first, it felt like you were given a map, with some basic knowledge of your destination. You had to find out all the mechanics, all the back info, and you had to rely on gossip. It was an adventure.
Today this is replaced with a fully updated GPS screen what can get you to anywhere, in a blink of an eye.

During this one year, the personal skill of the avg. player really increased.
Or is it because there are a lot of 30 people so it became a bit "standardized" compared to older days, where we had level differences?

And granted, people have more fun early, but it just feels a bit dull. No offense, maybe it's only me being tired of the game a little bit, but that's how I feel.

Back on topic: I think that speeding the game up won't give these feelings back, let alone give better gameplay. It'll just end up being a bigger spamfest than ever.

(Some test server for it would be handy, though.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 02:48:52 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2011, 03:49:06 pm »
+2
Having a high ping has nothing to do with skill.
What you are basically asking for is making the game unplayable for a lot of people that don't have low ping on any or most servers - like, fuck off? No, fuck you.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2011, 03:52:25 pm »
Having a high ping has nothing to do with skill.
What you are basically asking for is making the game unplayable for a lot of people that don't have low ping on any or most servers - like, fuck off? No, fuck you.

This.

Additionally, people complain about polestun enough as it is. With faster/fastest, it will become permastun. The game speed is fine as is right now.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2011, 03:57:59 pm »
I would want this if I had a better ping :)