Author Topic: Faster Game Speed  (Read 20618 times)

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
Re: Faster Game Speed
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 05:19:00 pm »
+1
no. a year ago cRPG was faster and nobody abused drugs, redbull, coke, metamphetamine. even on ndition's native duel, nobody relies on that to win. so... no.

*Looks accusingly at Phyrex*
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 05:20:39 pm »
I don't want fastest game speed because I don't live within a thousand miles of a cRPG server.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 05:27:11 pm »
+1
isn't there a FAST game speed? Something between the medium we have now and Fastest?

Why not do a test run on that speed for a bit. I mean, IT IS a beta. Why not test a different speed and see if that speed hurts what's been done, or helps it. If it's not efficient then roll back to medium.

If you DO do a speed increase, don't tell anyone until afterwords. That way the complaints won't be premeditated. A lot of people complain that faster game will increase spam, so if stated ahead of time, then the spam complaints WILL increase. If not, then the likelihood of them increasing is minimal for the first day or two.

TL;DR
Ninja increase game speed to fast(if it's there, not fastest), test it for a few days and see the results.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 05:39:39 pm »
isn't there a FAST game speed? Something between the medium we have now and Fastest?

Why not do a test run on that speed for a bit. I mean, IT IS a beta. Why not test a different speed and see if that speed hurts what's been done, or helps it. If it's not efficient then roll back to medium.

If you DO do a speed increase, don't tell anyone until afterwords. That way the complaints won't be premeditated. A lot of people complain that faster game will increase spam, so if stated ahead of time, then the spam complaints WILL increase. If not, then the likelihood of them increasing is minimal for the first day or two.

TL;DR
Ninja increase game speed to fast(if it's there, not fastest), test it for a few days and see the results.

best reply so far.

and i agree about ninjas being more valuable and funny to play.

if i'm not wrong, when pecores did the old EU_4 200 slots battle server, the game speed was set to FAST. so i think it's possible to do again.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 05:44:54 pm »
Setting the game to fastest or whatever would be retarded. I'd rather see WFP curve increase or weapon speed buff.

Spamming in Native? Good luck doing that Vs any half-decent Native player or perhaps you were only fighting noobs? Or was it you getting spammed?

I thought the Ninjas with 220+ wfp with 27+ Agi, wfp retirement bonus and MW Katanas at 104 speed or whatever they had was retarded at first, but quite fast I got used to the speed they had and had no trouble duelling them. Infact my most cheerised moments were when I duelled Khorin with both having 200+ wfp and MW katanas, it was awesome.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2011, 05:55:40 pm »
Setting the game to fastest or whatever would be retarded. I'd rather see WFP curve increase or weapon speed buff.

Spamming in Native? Good luck doing that Vs any half-decent Native player or perhaps you were only fighting noobs? Or was it you getting spammed?

I thought the Ninjas with 220+ wfp with 27+ Agi, wfp retirement bonus and MW Katanas at 104 speed or whatever they had was retarded at first, but quite fast I got used to the speed they had and had no trouble duelling them. Infact my most cheerised moments were when I duelled Khorin with both having 200+ wfp and MW katanas, it was awesome.

and we'll see maybe some awlpikes... even bastard swords and such instead seeing only LHB, scythes, GLA, poleaxes, claymores and german/danish.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2011, 07:42:59 pm »
Plz no faster game speed. I already suck at current speed :mrgreen:
Also think about the not so skilled players at cRPG (yeah I know they (including myself!) suck, so why care about them :rolleyes:)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:50:57 pm by dodnet »
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 07:51:36 pm »
Plz no faster game speed. I already suck at current speed :mrgreen:
Also think about the not so skilled players at cRPG (yeah I know they suck, so why care about them :rolleyes:)

they'll (we  :rolleyes:) suck anyway.

but that's not a good reason to have a even more slower game if the balance roadmap follow the previous nerf fashion. some buff instead of nerf would be nice.

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2011, 07:53:14 pm »
If you are referring to native where most NA servers have gamemode set to fastest - this was probably what killed native in north america.

The only reason I play native is for fastest duel servers. Yes, it's more ping-dependent, yes, it makes spamming more viable for the average player, but I think it's even more skill dependent. The skill gradient is much higher for fastest game speed, and spamming doesn't work when you start dueling skilled players. Plus it's a lot more fun!

I can totally understanding not wanting a huge skill gradient in normal play, and NA vs. EU strat battles would be even more of a nightmare, but I think there's a sizeable portion of the community who would love a fastest duel server at the very least. Just one fastest duel server would allow many of the more skilled players to test their mettle in a more competitive environment.

It wouldn't even have to be an official server. I asked Ecko if he would turn his duel server into a fastest duel server, and he said he would, except that c-rpg overwrites speed settings. You could keep both medium and fastest duel servers and let players pick which ones they prefer.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 07:57:02 pm »
Well, before the last speed nerf, at 80 ping, it was near impossible to block a high agi player with a katana, if he feinted. I somehow do not miss those times.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2011, 08:09:25 pm »
A slower speed then what we have now would be better, that way I just might learn how to do chamber blocking on demand.
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2011, 08:13:04 pm »
i´d love to have higher speeds back.  infact,  i´d love to have most of the OPness back (pness ^^) that i encountered when i began playing crpg last year.

but, i usually have about 20 ping,  so meh.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 09:27:49 pm »
A slower speed then what we have now would be better, that way I just might learn how to do chamber blocking on demand.

well get a clanmember as a sparring partner with wooden swords. this game really don't deserve to be slower than it is.

we need some kind of buff to the profiency points. to all the weapon classes.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2011, 10:00:06 pm »
well get a clanmember as a sparring partner with wooden swords. this game really don't deserve to be slower than it is.

we need some kind of buff to the profiency points. to all the weapon classes.
No, unless it was a slight buff as otherwisw wed beback in the good ol days with super fast players with 200 wpf,

Offline Kuhparnicuhs

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Coalition
  • Game nicks: NilsFnils_HRE
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2011, 10:27:12 pm »
+1
This mod isn't meant to cater exclusively to 2h pros making 200 mph spins with their over-compensating super swords.