Author Topic: So u removed crushthrough, remove "unbalanced" from the old crush through 2h's  (Read 2737 times)

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
seriously, makes dueling completely anyone reasonable nearly impossible, don't give me this "realism" argument either, as completely low strength people run around blocking 5 KG maces/morningstars with butter knives now
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Axes don't have crush yet they are unbalanced. Deal with it. Those weapons are fine.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
whining about skill while lobbying for a mechanic that removes skill from the equation.  LOLNORMBFORYOU!!!

Yup
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
actually no gorath, I've switched to polespam like the rest of the world, I was just suggesting as I noticed basically in a bec I have a much faster morningstar without unbalanced, but whatever live in your dumbass world, its not skill, u said so yourself blocking isn't hard so many times it made me sick lobbying for shield buffs

so now u change your story whenever it suits you, fuck off

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
har I'm a troll

thanks for contributing nothing, as usual, also I wasn't talking about axes at all, I'm talking about the bar mace/MS, the unbalanced was there to offset the crush, without it honestly not, my MW bec is better range and speed than either of those with same damage, but for some reason in some areas we say oh we want "realism", oh its not fair the way the animation of your hands look that has to be unbalanced but hey if I use my bec then its fine

well guess what now everyone just runs around with poleaxes/becs or a 1h if they know whats right for em, or get stunned to death, honestly I do fine, better than noskill Gorath, I mean good players will just migrate to the best weapons(duh), not gonna keep playing 2h just to beat my head into high reduce armors and super long range/awesome duel weapons/stunning polearms/nearly unbreakable shield hyper speed 1hers, no point to do that

just saying 2h deserves some love, no reason to just fuck the class because of the retarded quasi-realism arguments basically offered by Gorath in the past, which never really made sense if we don't give a shit about realism here(I mean its so much more realistic for me to run around with a long spear and a bec on my back, honestly its easier for me now vs everything(horses/archers/2hers/1hs as a poleuser)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 12:05:43 pm by DrKronic »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
 :rolleyes:
You try way too hard which just ends up failing at the trolling you so desperately seem to want to do.  I'd take you more seriously but insulting my kid on the servers is just a sign of desperation and need for attention.  Arch villains have class and style buddy, you're more like a random thug in a filler episode.
*pssst, I never said anything about axes, but nice quote change there.  observant isn't one of your skills.* 
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Heh is he complaing about the devs removing crush on morningstar and Long Iron Mace  :?: if so he shouldnt be allowed to post in the balance forum section.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
U mad?

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
completely missed what I'm actually posting about

I'm not asking for crush back, I'm asking for balance

so explain to me how a mighty long iron mace (92 speed, 96 length, 36b but unbalanced) is somehow way too strong and my MW bec de corbin(94 speed, 39p, 28p, 120 length) is totally fine, and btw I can use the bec from a horse, and usually my prefered method of fighting involves bringing a long spear with the bec on my back?

it really seems like everyone is just biased or just has no clue what the 3 melee weapon classes actually can do, we should rename 2hand to "Polearm 2" and I think problem solved
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:53:06 pm by DrKronic »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
so explain to me how a mighty long iron mace (92 speed, 96 length, 36b but unbalanced) is somehow way too strong and my MW bec de corbin(94 speed, 39p, 28p, 120 length) is totally fine, and btw I can use the bec from a horse, and usually my prefered method of fighting involves bringing a long spear with the bec on my back?

Well, the long iron mace is technically longer due to animation and is also WAY cheaper than the bec for one. Also, the long iron mace mace has knockdown.

Having a weapon being unbalanced is also not as crippling as a lot of people make it out to be. I only use unbalanced weapons on my 2-hander and never run into problems as long as I'm being careful.

seriously, makes dueling completely anyone reasonable nearly impossible

Unbalanced weapons aren't designed for dueling anyway so...why are you complaining that they aren't good for dueling?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:06:59 pm by rustyspoon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
To be honest, I agree with removing the unbalanced tag from Long iron mace/ bar mace/ Morningstar/Studded warclub.
However, I suggest losing 2 or 3 weapon speed when they lose the unbalanced tag. I think it would be much more balanced as weapons then, and we might see people using them again! They don't have crushthrough, so they shouldn't have they unbalanced tag anymore.
I think it would be an even trade off for balance purposes.
I am also of the opinion that the War cleaver should undergo something similar, to have some benefit to being unbalanced, like +3 more damage?

As with the 2h versions, I think the same with the pole arm ones that are rarely used now as well. They were a bit OP but now they are hardly usable with the unbalanced tag. I think the Long spiked club, Long hafted knobbed mace, and the Long hafted spiked mace should also lose 2 or three speed but lose the unbalanced tag.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:42:28 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
Unbalanced is awesome, most polearms should have it too.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
1. Bec should not be usable from horse back. I was not aware that it was usable.
2. This is why nearly all polearms should get the "cannot sheath" tag. If you bring a polearm, you cannot bring another large weapon, that should be the large penalty of it and surprisingly, this is true to real life as well.

In term stats balance, the iron mace has a high chance of knock down which is a huge advantage. The beck can loose a few points of damage from its swing without hurting it much. The practical reach of the two is not very different.

Offline _JoG_

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 9
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordsman for hire
  • Game nicks: Givi
Just a quick comment.
Well, the long iron mace is technically longer due to animation
No. Bec is longer, since it loses ~20 length. It is also much, much faster than any unbalanced 2hander which deals comparable amount of damage.

I'm not whining since I've learnt to deal with it.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Just a quick comment.No. Bec is longer, since it loses ~20 length.

Bec loses ~20 length on swings. Iron Mace GAINS length (I forget the exact number) which makes it a very close call.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: