Author Topic: Avengers Endgayme  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: Avengers Endgayme
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2019, 01:30:35 am »
The people fanboying over superhero movies are the actual stereotype nerds from 90s: overweight, neckbeard, lives w/ mom and showers you in saliva when talking about his favourite alternate universe marvel comic.

And yes, shame for Star Wars franchise because it has a cool ass setting, yet the movies are created just as another superhero movie. They're cool to watch for the visuals, but anything beyond that is eh. Imagine if it had a more adult and complex story..

the last superhero movie i saw was either the first Iron Man (pretty dope) or that one maybe 2007 Hulk remake (pretty cool too), just never at all enjoyed comics, superheroes, et al. not even really as a kid. but i will say that much of my extended friendgroup is totally into whatever Marvel movie comes out and they were stoked as hell on Endgame. they clearly know that i don't give two fucks about it so we don't discuss it much but everything i catch via social media or conversation is that they're really deep into them.

and i'm a good bit closer to the neckbeard stereotype (habitually, not physically or in terms of life status) than ANY of them. it's seriously normie-food, my dude.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2019, 01:32:51 am »
the last superhero movie i saw was either the first Iron Man (pretty dope) or that one maybe 2007 Hulk remake (pretty cool too), just never at all enjoyed comics, superheroes, et al. not even really as a kid. but i will say that much of my extended friendgroup is totally into whatever Marvel movie comes out and they were stoked as hell on Endgame. they clearly know that i don't give two fucks about it so we don't discuss it much but everything i catch via social media or conversation is that they're really deep into them.

and i'm a good bit closer to the neckbeard stereotype (habitually, not physically or in terms of life status) than ANY of them. it's seriously normie-food, my dude.
You should watch LOGAN its not a superhero movie.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2745
  • Infamy: 1639
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2019, 06:11:13 pm »
Marvel movies are great fun, seen them all six months ago, I enjoyed most of them, paid zero dollars. Much better than DC movies, which are mostly garbage. But I ain't paying that cinema ticket, although I spend great deal of money on those Marvel figures for my nephew. Thing is, figures can always be sold when nephew goes out of that phase, sometimes for a profit, while cinema is one time service. So I'll rather 'steal' a movie, while I'm not too fussed when paying for physical item. Spoilers are unfortunate since people like to make other persons life a misery for fun, but I am not too bothered by spoilers in general.

When I was young, Superman, Spiderman and Batman were only superheroes I knew of and Superman was my favorite (there were only Superman and Batman popular movies, Spidey had animated shows). Things are different these days, just because Disney pumped cash into Marvel franchise. With money you can turn anything into anything, just look at Huawei cellphones.

People think Watchmen is best superhero movie, I seen it (for free, mind you) shortly after it came out and it was utter crap. Dunno what people see in that. Stupid characters, especially Nite Owl, homosexual blue dude (obvious Hulk wannabe) teleporting from Mars, to Sun, back to Earth, some asshole who calls himself smartest dude, midget psycho with a mask, basic bitch in a catsuit and one cool fella with a cigar. Story itself makes no fucking sense which is expected since it was written by some Britmy old friend hippie. Same goes for that other comic book storyteller from Britain who also wrote some dumb ass comic stories and people think that was clever.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2019, 06:28:21 pm »
+1
It wasn't really clear from your post, did you see these superhero movies you speak of for free? Did you pay zero dollars? You didn't mention it enough times for it to stick in my short term memory, and this seems like an important fact one ought to remember and, yes, bring up multiple times in a post.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2019, 06:39:46 pm »
I liked Aquaman. Marvel is going to use Namor the Submariner (antihero) possibly starting with Black Panther 2, it would be cool if Jason Mamoa played him as well.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2019, 02:44:29 am »
+2
Stopped watching GoT after second season, have no opinion of it.

Thanks, Leshma.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1065
  • Infamy: 2620
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2019, 02:37:37 pm »
It wasn't really clear from your post, did you see these superhero movies you speak of for free? Did you pay zero dollars? You didn't mention it enough times for it to stick in my short term memory, and this seems like an important fact one ought to remember and, yes, bring up multiple times in a post.

Specifically mentioning that part multiple times because you spent money on it.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2357
  • Infamy: 2043
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2019, 02:40:00 pm »
I liked Aquaman. Marvel is going to use Namor the Submariner (antihero) possibly starting with Black Panther 2, it would be cool if Jason Mamoa played him as well.

That probably won't happen because Namor alongside Hulk is not Disney/Marvel Studios intellectual property, they have no rights to make movies based on those characters. They could put Namor in some Avengers movie or something like that but are not allowed to make Namor the Movie or another Hulk the Movie. Believe Universal bought those rights before Marvel was sold to Disney, before MCU started.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2019, 05:20:05 pm »
Specifically mentioning that part multiple times because you spent money on it.
Did you forget to take your medicine, Leshman? Delusions and reality seem to be mixing again.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2019, 10:40:08 pm »
That probably won't happen because Namor alongside Hulk is not Disney/Marvel Studios intellectual property, they have no rights to make movies based on those characters. They could put Namor in some Avengers movie or something like that but are not allowed to make Namor the Movie or another Hulk the Movie. Believe Universal bought those rights before Marvel was sold to Disney, before MCU started.
But they can still use The Hulk as a supporting role, and thats what is being specualted with Namor being used in a similar capacity as a supporting role in either Black Panther 2 or Doctor Strange 2. They just cant make solo movies with them.
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/doctor-strange-scott-derrickson-namor-mcu-sequel-1202050965/
PENDULUM

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2019, 03:46:41 pm »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2019, 07:23:57 pm »
I too masturbate over the ability to pirate films leshma
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 684
  • Infamy: 1399
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2019, 03:33:29 am »
I wouldnt do that if I were you. Ability to pirate media content is one of the very few perks of living outside developed world. When I cross the border and enter civilization, torrenting movies is out of the question because of possible high fines.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2019, 07:44:40 am »
I wouldnt do that if I were you. Ability to pirate media content is one of the very few perks of living outside developed world. When I cross the border and enter civilization, torrenting movies is out of the question because of possible high fines.
Or you could pay two dollars a month for a VPN. But that does require more computer knowledge than you have, I suppose.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2019, 11:25:06 am »
+1
But that does require more computer knowledge than you have, I suppose.

Reminder that Leshma owns a programming company, and ONLY runs linux!