Author Topic: RAGEBALL LEAGUE TOURNAMENT  (Read 9047 times)

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
Re: RAGEBALL LEAGUE TOURNAMENT
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 11:35:06 pm »
+1
So I'm guessing this is open to both EU and NA applicants... but what server are the games played on? How do inter-regional games work? If it's beneficial to have members from different regions, Paul, as the creator of rageball, you're more than welcome on my team. :lol:

The plan regarding inter-regional games was that during the 'regular season' teams would be assigned a certain amount of home/away games, and if these games happen to be inter-regional they'd be played on the "home" team's server. For playoffs, higher seeds with get home field advantage, like in the NFL, which in this case means played on their native server. This is still up for debate, so if you or anyone else has an idea pls contribute

[/spoiler]
That's more than likely what the body armor piece was going to end up being.

(click to show/hide)
This is of course an open concept. We couldnt decide whether or not 5 or 6 was a proper amount.  We were thinking 6 people on the team so the goalie would just stay in the goal, and there'd be 5 players on the field at all times. In order for there to be 5 players on the team, we would just strike the midfielder position, but allow the goalie to leave the goal up to a certain area.

Any suggestions you guys have are more than welcome.

While it may be difficult to find 6 players per team i think it would be best to stick with this number and make it so that the 2 attackers and 1 midfielder can cross midfield, and the 2 defenders cant, while the goalie has to stay in the goalie box.

I think the armor should be determined by position, not build and from that each player should be able to make their own build.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Attackers/Midfielder
 Defenders
 Goalie

The reason we were considering making preset builds was because we wanted to be able to limit certain things, I.e. defenders should have a limit to the amount of ath they can have, or forwards should be built for speed, not combat, etc. This would allow us to restrict certain classes without HARD restricting them. AN example, if a defender wanted to run down the field and try to score, they'd be welcome to, but due to their lack of athletics it should be extremely punishing if the enemy team gets the ball, because the forwards should be able to run right around them.

Rageball was originally designed to have combat simply be another mechanism of taking the ball, rather than the main attraction. We're still trying to figure out good ways to limit combat without simply imposing rules that will be hard to enforce.

Nothing is set in stone like I said earlier, so if the majority want to try a certain ruleset we can do that.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Arthur_

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 557
  • Infamy: 148
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Arthur
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 09:35:20 am »
+6
Our team so far is: (i guess the fenerbahce team by kratos)

Farthur
Kratos
Rest in Peace
Cassi
Salad fork
Porthos_Woodstuck
we are still waiting for some replies, but if u want to join us just msg me.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:01:43 pm by Arthur_ »

Jackie who?

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 01:51:28 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Is it possible to reduce melee damage?

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 01:56:28 am »
(click to show/hide)

Is it possible to reduce melee damage?

Well we can reduce PS, but I believe that that also affects some of the throwing modifiers.

NINJA EDIT: according to Paul's OG guide, throwing is only based off of strength (maybe power throw??) but not powerstrike, so we could definitely limit that by setting objective builds.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 03:23:52 am »
+1
Well we can reduce PS, but I believe that that also affects some of the throwing modifiers.

NINJA EDIT: according to Paul's OG guide, throwing is only based off of strength (maybe power throw??) but not powerstrike, so we could definitely limit that by setting objective builds.

According to dave, after he looked at the code, power throw doesnt effect it.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Malke

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 08:51:42 pm »
Anyone need a dude?

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2019, 07:36:27 am »
please make this happen i need it

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2019, 01:24:11 pm »