Poll

ranged is killing crpg again

nerf ranged
buff melee
make smoke bombs work

Author Topic: do something about ranged while crpg is alive  (Read 10017 times)

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
do something about ranged while crpg is alive
« on: September 27, 2018, 05:09:10 am »
+7
It's not fun spawning in and not even getting to swing before getting 1-shot in a full plate helm with my shield up. Archers and throwers consistently top the scoreboards. Sometimes I get shot in the chest with shield up what the fuck. I respec'd cav to deal with archers but unless you sneak up on them, their shot will cancel your swing, then fill your horse with arrows, or just HS you while you're riding.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: do something about ranged while crpg is alive
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 06:20:32 am »
+11
little did the young pollix know the counter to archery was shielder/thrower/1h bryggan build the whole time
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 06:54:09 am »
+8
unfortunately archers are a problem because the archers that play are really good at shooting. It's kind of crazy how shit crossbows, the should-be real killers, are compared to bows in EVERY way. The truth about cRPG is the mod is so small the balance decisions SHOULD be made subjectively and not objectively... meaning that something like the game's population should be taken into account when balancing. That's sounds retarded, but the truth is that a class like, you mentioned, Cavalry is less effective at low pop because people are able to be aware of their opponents because their are so few of them. Cav is difficult for me at least when it's like 10v10 or so and the other team has 1 or two archers that just murder me because I am the most obvious and easy target with such a low pop.

Perhaps some classes ARE stronger than others at different population levels and should be balanced accordingly until the game changes??>.??.?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 07:10:19 am »
+1
I think it was dupre or someone who said something about being able to limit the amount of ranged on a server by checking archery wpf or PD because another mod was doing it. Crpg should do the same thing when server reaches a certain pop

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 07:14:52 am »
+1
Divide number of arrows/bolts by 3 and throwing by 2, reduce the round time limit to 4 minutes, no need to thank me.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 07:15:51 am »
yeah make invisible horses

native can set limits because native has 3 set classes with sub classes being set by gear of said class
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 07:23:00 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 10:18:42 am »
+3
you know whats the most annoying thing regarding ranged?

90% of the people who still play it, they purely do it to annoy the rest of us.

Some examples, Cassi & Speedy, both of them do it because they think its funny to play as ranged and enjoy getting bashed on.

So, from one hand you have retards like the two I mentioned, and on the other hand you have the autistic balance team, that instead of doing a swift change regarding ranged, they try to sugarcoat it with retarded changes " WE LOWERED DIFFICULTY ON ALL SHIELDS AND WE NOW HAVE MORE 0 SHIED SKILL SHIELDS* well you fucking retard, what good is a shield if my head is OPEN with a 0 SS shield? You fucking dumbfucks.

Jesus.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 11:19:36 am »
+1
Some examples, Cassi & Speedy, both of them do it because they think its funny to play as ranged and enjoy getting bashed on.

how you wanna know? Thats quite cloudy to assume. I just like throwing, I even made it easier for you for not having a melee weapon to block with or a shield.

However I think you are actually one of the most pathetic players I have ever seen, the only things you do is call out players you think ruin the game. But everyone knows the first thing you do on round start is going behind the enemies team spawn to couch lance players who spawned late.

Are you going to say it is not true? The only thing you do is couch lancing people and then end the map with a 8-1 score usually. But you will still claim the average k/d throwers are ruining your game.

I once saw you going for the 9th kill but then I shot you down for the first time on the map, and when I checked the scoreboard you already left. You are not doing anything good for cRPG, you serve out rations but you are not able to acknowledge your own wrongs.

You are seriously mentally limited, keep on bashing on everything you dont like, make more suggestion threads no one is gives a fuck about.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 11:53:26 am »
What the fuck are you on about?

I am probably the only lancer that always charges up front, I have never quit the game when my horse died enemies resulting to my
imminent death, hell a couple of days ago you saw it, I am probably the ONLY lancer that goes head to head with spearmean, you can ask Baby head and Nord Rhaegar if I am lying and even Eldar boss.

When I die and leave EU1, its most likely because I change characters, you always trash talk when I leave, but then you are "OH HE IS BACK", my old friendot

I am way too proud to kill AFKers and late spawners, I avoid them and I even hold an upper block.

Youre just saying that shit cause

a. Youre fucking trash
b. When you respecced for a couple a days as a melee player, I fucking owned your ass and you are salty
c. I AM THE FUCKING BEST, SON.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 11:57:52 am »
Also, the only reason I play as a lancer is because I like how fast paced and risky it is, dismounted im 10 times better. But I have no patience for never ending duels, and that is why I always spam kick, duels are boring.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 12:29:41 pm »
+1
Didnt think you can put so many lies into one post.

I hate your garbage double moral.

you are a bunch of pathetic noobs and queers, who do not fuck, how to write all the shit and make dumb topics. burn in hell the idiots
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 12:41:09 pm »
+1
i will support a nerf of range when i see a sufficient amount of shielders on the battlefield.

until then, it sucks to be a shitlord.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 12:43:54 pm »
you know whats the most annoying thing regarding ranged?

90% of the people who still play it, they purely do it to annoy the rest of us.

So, from one hand you have retards like the two I mentioned, and on the other hand you have the autistic balance team, that instead of doing a swift change regarding ranged, they try to sugarcoat it with retarded changes " WE LOWERED DIFFICULTY ON ALL SHIELDS AND WE NOW HAVE MORE 0 SHIED SKILL SHIELDS* well you fucking retard, what good is a shield if my head is OPEN with a 0 SS shield? You fucking dumbfucks.

Jesus.

whenever the amount of shitlords on the battlefield increase, so do range. deal with it. many times ive thought about going archer because theres so many juicy whiney targets. i cant leave my shield behind tho, my loyal servant for many years

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 12:50:57 pm »
c. I AM THE FUCKING BEST, SON.

i dont know about your dueling skills, you are prolly really good.

on the battlefield, however, you are average at best.

edit: shit, 3 posts, sry, i forgot, cant delete now ><

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 12:54:58 pm »
+6
I´ve played NA a few times lately,  pop there is way more balanced.  shit ton of fun
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!