Poll

Should new players get even more benefits than now?

Yes, we need new players .
35 (71.4%)
No, even though I play c-rpg for 9 years and I have tens of MW items, I am still shit and I need to kill peasants to increase my KD (RIP, GTX, XESTA)
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: March 13, 2018, 11:05:35 am

Author Topic: Improve the starting gear of the new players (yet more benefits to keep them)  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I know that a lot of veterans will agree with me, we all have our high level mains, we all have more +3 than we actually need, so what I want to suggest is this.

Give even more to new players to stay at c-rpg.

Right now they all get 1 shitty armour (mailed tunic), a mediocre 1h, a mediocre 2h, and a shitty polearm

I propose the below.

1. Their first character should be instantly level 30
2. Instead of giving them all those shitty gear, give them 12 Loompoints (non tradeable if possible), leave it to them to upgrade their own gear.
With 12 points they can make 4 items +3, makes it fair

Ill open a poll for a week.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Wipe the database, then everyone starts at 0 and new players have a reason to stick around.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
It's a good idea to try and get more players, but i fear in the current state the only way we're going to get new players to stay is by actually bribing them. Insert Greece joke
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
I think making them start at lvl 30 is a good idea. They will still experience the peasant grind when they retire anyways.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
If this is doable, make sure that new players gets a message or a warning window like ''visit the forum before spending anything'' or at least ''read the solid builds thread'' when they log in. Otherwise they will fuck up badly and leave the game at the end. I remember my first build having 22 strength for no reason.

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
It's a good idea to try and get more players, but i fear in the current state the only way we're going to get new players to stay is by actually bribing them. Insert Greece joke

you are becoming dull.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
you are becoming dull.

I know, i think it's my advanced age finally shining through
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
Let‘s just give everyone a lvl 35 char and 100 +3 items so the basic game concept is completely removed! ye sounds great! Or wipe everything people played for ages. (Ages they spent because it was sooo easy and not because they loved grinding their gear!!!)

And it‘s not like new players right now are forced to join clans with armourys and are bound to the game by other players which absolutely does not encourage old and new players to play!!

And grinding +3s is sooo fucking hard cant we double the xp once again so the x1 from the beginning will be x6? Id love that!!! Absolutely adds some difficulty to the game!

Offline Lord_Carlos

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
just give me legendary title and iam happy :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
i thought about it, but to be honest it could be more unfriendly for new players, because of mad grind ppl how are playing all the time, they will go for an easiest way to get fast levels near 30+ leaving other weekend players far behind not to mention about invidual skills, just for math it could be very bad but starting peasant wars would be fun also  :lol:

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Let‘s just give everyone a lvl 35 char and 100 +3 items so the basic game concept is completely removed! ye sounds great! Or wipe everything people played for ages. (Ages they spent because it was sooo easy and not because they loved grinding their gear!!!)

And it‘s not like new players right now are forced to join clans with armourys and are bound to the game by other players which absolutely does not encourage old and new players to play!!

And grinding +3s is sooo fucking hard cant we double the xp once again so the x1 from the beginning will be x6? Id love that!!! Absolutely adds some difficulty to the game!

Butthurt much?

I feel you though, you have so many looms, so many hours in this game, yet youre still a bad 2hander.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lord_Carlos

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Butthurt much?

I feel you though, you have so many looms, so many hours in this game, yet youre still a bad 2hander.

Yeah, Even me is better :lol: :lol:

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X

Butthurt much?

Ft7, winner gets everything the other one has okay? Ive got overwhelming 5 +3s and basicly no gold!

And everyone knows u r the best player in this game, so u should have no problem beating my ass up!

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
i feel like blackbird has a very tiny penis irl to be this angry all the time
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
At this point I agree with giving new players more to get started for sure, but mod is ded so who knows if it will change anything.

Wiping isn't going to do anything to attract new players because by the time new players even come here in any noticeable numbers, the last people playing would have either rage quitted because they cant be bothered to grind again or the remaining no life nerds will have grinded a bunch of looms and gold again. But mod is ded. DTV is the only populated server and I don't think gear really matters there anyway lol.