Poll

Should new players get even more benefits than now?

Yes, we need new players .
35 (71.4%)
No, even though I play c-rpg for 9 years and I have tens of MW items, I am still shit and I need to kill peasants to increase my KD (RIP, GTX, XESTA)
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: March 13, 2018, 11:05:35 am

Author Topic: Improve the starting gear of the new players (yet more benefits to keep them)  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Deus Immortalis

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Historical maniac
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Immortales
  • Game nicks: Deus_Immortalis

sure thing, chap.

Well... I was only looking to get rid of the 2hander and the mail shirt since those don't fit for a peasant build. My point still stands
bUFf pLaTE pLeaSe

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
yeah great idea, create even more minmaxing cookie cutters who cant do shit without their +3s
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
Wipe the database, then everyone starts at 0 and new players have a reason to stick around.

I don't know what makes you think the game won't return to being a seemingly ultra-hostile gear imbalanced rapefest to newbies after a week of players playing & saving up gold. Even if the advantage of loompoints is gone the new players won't know that. The best option for everyone right now is improving starting gold and adding better automated information (MOTDs, visible links on the website) for them so that vets don't have to explain everything from square one to every new player they happen to sight.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Deus Immortalis

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Historical maniac
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Immortales
  • Game nicks: Deus_Immortalis
Looms are possibly the worst things about this mod. Not only is there a grind for money and levels, there's also a grind for looms.

I start to see why Mercs is so popular - the only advantage old players have is better gear, and that can be acquired relatively fast. No levels, no +3 items.
Then again Mercs is full of Noobs
(click to show/hide)
bUFf pLaTE pLeaSe

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
Looms are possibly the worst things about this mod. Not only is there a grind for money and levels, there's also a grind for looms.

I start to see why Mercs is so popular - the only advantage old players have is better gear, and that can be acquired relatively fast. No levels, no +3 items.
Then again Mercs is full of Noobs
(click to show/hide)
The grind for looms is alongside the grind for levels and gold, as in order to gain looms you need to level up, and to level up you need to gain a higher multiplier which also means you're gaining a higher amount of gold. They all work simultaneously.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,