Poll

Should new players get even more benefits than now?

Yes, we need new players .
35 (71.4%)
No, even though I play c-rpg for 9 years and I have tens of MW items, I am still shit and I need to kill peasants to increase my KD (RIP, GTX, XESTA)
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: March 13, 2018, 11:05:35 am

Author Topic: Improve the starting gear of the new players (yet more benefits to keep them)  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
12 loompoints is kind of a lot... i only have 4 MW myself
Ca$hville 615

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
I don't think account locked loompoints are something that we can do either. Or at least neither Dupre nor Professor got back to me about it last time we discussed it.

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
I don't agree with panos on anything including this.The lack of players is not due to the inadequent equipment,it is due to game's age dipshit.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Speed up leveling by a factor of 20-80, reset characters every fortnite.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
mark players from accounts made less than 1 week ago with a rainbow over their head or some other trans shit.

Make it visible for everyone equally and if you kill that guy as not "last man standing" you lose XP and gold.

THATS how you keep new players
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
I don't agree with panos on anything including this.The lack of players is not due to the inadequent equipment,it is due to game's age dipshit.

If that was true then native would be similarly affected, and those shit siege nab servers still have healthy populations. Even Merc mod is more alive than cRPG, despite just being a shittier version of cRPG. It's an old niche mod for a niche game and only has a limited shelf value left, granted, but cRPG in particular is dying an ugly death in comparison to native and even other mods.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
A few suggestion from my side:
- Remove gen Bonus, give everyone the same exp
- Looms are special, but the game is full of it. Too Many! We need something like Legendary Items, one worth like 5 +3 Items (can be discussed)
-  we need to get the new players in a clan fast, to get some experienced players on their side! The start in crpg is hard, even more alone
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
I know that a lot of veterans will agree with me, we all have our high level mains, we all have more +3 than we actually need, so what I want to suggest is this.

Give even more to new players to stay at c-rpg.

Right now they all get 1 shitty armour (mailed tunic), a mediocre 1h, a mediocre 2h, and a shitty polearm

I propose the below.

1. Their first character should be instantly level 30
2. Instead of giving them all those shitty gear, give them 12 Loompoints (non tradeable if possible), leave it to them to upgrade their own gear.
With 12 points they can make 4 items +3, makes it fair

Ill open a poll for a week.

Great idea, however, the loompoint idea I don't think works because new player means they won't know what to loom, we'll have a bunch of newbies looming the first thing they think looks cool with some more intelligent ones holding off and asking experienced people what to use. Then we'll have a bunch of crying newbies asking for their looms back. The gear setup atm is good but the items should be changed to better ones imo.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
mark players from accounts made less than 1 week ago with a rainbow over their head or some other trans shit.

Make it visible for everyone equally and if you kill that guy as not "last man standing" you lose XP and gold.

THATS how you keep new players

"make it hurt you to play the game how it is meant to"

that's genuinely the most fucking retarded thing i've ever heard you say

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
If that was true then native would be similarly affected, and those shit siege nab servers still have healthy populations. Even Merc mod is more alive than cRPG, despite just being a shittier version of cRPG. It's an old niche mod for a niche game and only has a limited shelf value left, granted, but cRPG in particular is dying an ugly death in comparison to native and even other mods.

I streamed some crpg some days ago, and someone asked "why not mercs?" I guess mercs is better than crpg now  :lol: might give it a shot, though ive had some good times on IG_Battlegrounds recently.

edit: has anyone tried out mercs to some greater extent? Maybe there are things to be snapped up and added to crpg from there.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:48:46 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
I don't think it matters what happens, wipe, better starting gear etc. I doubt anyone from native (those that play native regularly I mean) will come and stick around here. The ones I have talked to say they don't like the combat in crpg, the slow turn rate etc.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
that's genuinely the most fucking retarded thing i've ever heard you say

Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin

To be fair that still isn't as retarded as your idea mate  :lol:

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
12 loompoints is kind of a lot... i only have 4 MW myself

You're missing the point

We need to get them addicted. You're already addicted so we don't need to worry about your worthless ass, but the new players, oooh boy.

In my extensive experience as a heroin dealer, the way we used to get new customers was go up to university kids, 18 year olds and the such, and we'd give them free samples (everyone else you'd charge). Then they'd take it, get hooked, and bam, they're your bitch.

Looms=Heroin
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Deus Immortalis

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Historical maniac
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Immortales
  • Game nicks: Deus_Immortalis
Right now they all get 1 shitty armour (mailed tunic), a mediocre 1h, a mediocre 2h, and a shitty polearm

I dunno about you, but I like those weapons. Perfect for a historically accurate peasant/levy build.
bUFf pLaTE pLeaSe