Author Topic: Nudge is Broken  (Read 4452 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Nudge is Broken
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2018, 06:57:45 pm »
Also happens when you use a specific nudge to counter another one. Not sure the rock paper scissors, but i think its neutral beats attack nudge, attack nudge beats blocking nudge, blocking nudge beats neutral nudge... meaning they knock down when countered properly.

Interesting I didn't know this

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2018, 07:28:57 pm »
+1
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2018, 07:29:08 pm »
i've been trying to get a video of quite how frequently i die to it; i play pretty carefully and try to gank as many people in the back as possible ... but sometimes, i have to fight 1v2+

almost every time i'm fighting 1v2+ now i'm dieing to people spamming v, and then their mate hitting me (and me not being able to block it because they nudged)

that's just not fun to play at all; i'm all for great game balance, but when there's something with no counter, where someone literally just presses v when they're near you, which kills you almost every time, it just completely and utterly ruins your experience of the game. i'd be fine if it was like 1/20 deaths or something, but it's literally every other death, it's just absolutely killing the game for me.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2018, 01:13:21 am »
+2
Ok I've actually changed my mind, after getting nudged from behind a shield I was unable to block without actually performing any action other than blocking with my shield.

(I blocked, held it, got nudged, and COULDN'T block before they swung)

Something sounds wrong with nudging to me lol. That shouldn't be possible.

Edit: Apparently that is a feature, however in the 5 years I've played the game not once has it ever happened to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2018, 11:18:23 am »
+4
Exchange nudge with obscene gestures?

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2018, 01:15:34 pm »
Ok I've actually changed my mind, after getting nudged from behind a shield I was unable to block without actually performing any action other than blocking with my shield.

(I blocked, held it, got nudged, and COULDN'T block before they swung)

Something sounds wrong with nudging to me lol. That shouldn't be possible.

Edit: Apparently that is a feature, however in the 5 years I've played the game not once has it ever happened to me.

Ta daaa. Imagine your whole build is that you die in 1-2 hits, and around a third to half of your deaths are to this. Would you be getting slightly irritated?

Exchange nudge with obscene gestures?

Would be funny, but too much work. Make it so that nudge moves people but doesn't remove their block, if any of the devs cba changing stuff hue hue (probably takes a lot of effort to do stuff like that, i know i cba hue hue)

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2018, 01:56:20 pm »
Nudge code is retarded though. Doubt anyone wants to touch it.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2018, 02:12:54 pm »
Nudge code is retarded though. Doubt anyone wants to touch it.

Yep, tbh i think the devs of cRPG did a hell of a lot of good work making the game, and when it had a huge population fair enough, but now that we get like 50 people on a good day i don't think delving in to messy af code is something anyone's going to want to do (although i have literally no idea about game development, it may as well be sex with attractive women, i have no idea how to do it, so who knows, it might be easy)

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2018, 03:09:16 pm »
+1
ye pls remove one of cRPG's most unique functions because one is not able to survive 2 hits with the trashy build and the cheapes cloths he wears.

If you wear clothes youre supposed to be either super fast or a glass cannon. But both end up as cannon fudder for others,
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2018, 04:17:57 pm »
ye pls remove one of cRPG's most unique functions because one is not able to survive 2 hits with the trashy build and the cheapes cloths he wears.

If you wear clothes youre supposed to be either super fast or a glass cannon. But both end up as cannon fudder for others,

It's not about the armour, it's about something being un-counterable

It's still annoying when it happens to you when you can tank the hit, it's just much more annoying when the whole point of your build is to try and avoid getting hit. Having lighter armour just emphasises the broken-ness

Offline mr_baby_head

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2018, 04:36:31 pm »
+2
Nudge isn't broken and it adds a little bit more flavour to combat, the problem isn't even close to being as bad as you make out. My main is a hoplite and very very very rarely do I die to nudges, in fact very few people use them effectively or regularly enough to make it annoying, even if someone does get a decent nudge on me I can normally get my block up in time and if I can't, then kudos to them for fucking me up.

While warband/ cRPG doesn't try to be overly realistic if you think that irl 2 people vs 1 guy using a shield wouldn't try to get that shield off him by grabbing it or punching him in the face then you are plain wrong. At the moment you are plain inviting people to nudge you into oblivion because of the way you hold RMB and back away as opposed to swinging your sword like a mad fucker. As others have already suggested, your main playstyle is 1h/ shield thus giving you the most options for nudges, don't cry because you are not utilizing them effectively because it is a lot easier do than kicking. Lastly, it is poor build choice for a pure melee shielder to be dying in 1 hit.

To address your argument about it being un-counterable; so is HA for the normal infantryman, so is a group of 3 or more archers/ xbow, so is being ganked by 20 kill hungry lowlifes, so is being kicked... There are numerous things that will result in you getting your ass handed to you, that is cRPG.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:45:16 pm by mr_baby_head »

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2018, 07:53:22 pm »
Nudge isn't broken and it adds a little bit more flavour to combat, the problem isn't even close to being as bad as you make out. My main is a hoplite and very very very rarely do I die to nudges, in fact very few people use them effectively or regularly enough to make it annoying, even if someone does get a decent nudge on me I can normally get my block up in time and if I can't, then kudos to them for fucking me up.

While warband/ cRPG doesn't try to be overly realistic if you think that irl 2 people vs 1 guy using a shield wouldn't try to get that shield off him by grabbing it or punching him in the face then you are plain wrong. At the moment you are plain inviting people to nudge you into oblivion because of the way you hold RMB and back away as opposed to swinging your sword like a mad fucker. As others have already suggested, your main playstyle is 1h/ shield thus giving you the most options for nudges, don't cry because you are not utilizing them effectively because it is a lot easier do than kicking. Lastly, it is poor build choice for a pure melee shielder to be dying in 1 hit.

To address your argument about it being un-counterable; so is HA for the normal infantryman, so is a group of 3 or more archers/ xbow, so is being ganked by 20 kill hungry lowlifes, so is being kicked... There are numerous things that will result in you getting your ass handed to you, that is cRPG.

You wear a lot of armour and can tank a lot of hits so you probably just don't notice it anywhere near as much

I die in 1 hit to arbalests and strength 2 handers, most of the time it's 2-3 hits. The whole point of the build is that the 8 shield skill tanks hits so i don't tank it on armour. If someone just presses a button and removes the shield, it completely breaks builds which rely on shields.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2018, 09:55:28 pm »
+2
It's not about the armour, it's about something being un-counterable

idgaf that its "uncounterable" because I actually can counter nudge (sometimes), and even if I get hit I couldnt give less damns about it because my 11IF and 64h 79b 74l set doesnt agree with your opinion.

(click to show/hide)
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2018, 10:02:24 pm »
idgaf that its "uncounterable" because I actually can counter nudge (sometimes), and even if I get hit I couldnt give less damns about it because my 11IF and 64h 79b 74l set doesnt agree with your opinion.

(click to show/hide)

crpg should be balanced so everyone can take 30 hits

Offline mr_baby_head

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2018, 11:23:02 pm »
52h 53b 50l with 3 IF isn't particularly stronk armour. My point stands.