Author Topic: Nudge is Broken  (Read 4456 times)

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
Re: Nudge is Broken
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 03:18:38 am »
+1
I am glad to have your support in this Bugnir, it really means a lot

njames89, 1%? 0.05%?

San, i don't want to contribute to the game being broken and unfun for other people
nudges do not guarantee a free hit in any way. as a swashbuckler and common user of the nudge key, it is very easy to counter a nudge as long as you're not retarded and have some form of reaction time
in no way is the nudge broken, its so easy to counter-nudge or just back up and get a free hit on the person nudging
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:23:38 am by SugarHoe »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 03:58:10 am »
nudges do not guarantee a free hit in any way. as a swashbuckler and common user of the nudge key, it is very easy to counter a nudge as long as you're not retarded and have some form of reaction time
in no way is the nudge broken, its so easy to counter-nudge or just back up and get a free hit on the person nudging
Nudges aren't broken, but the animations are a bit iffy when you attack after a nudge. It skips some of the animation which makes it much more difficult to block than just a normal swing. Nudging has actually become a core part of fighting now, particularly with Maulers. Nudge someone then attack overhead, crushes through and is very difficult to counter

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 06:17:15 am »
+2
Happens quite often.

I can say confidently that it doesn't, as a person that uses nudges more often than anyone I've seen in NA.

I only use free nudges though hurr durr
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 06:42:08 am by Rand0 »
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 11:55:09 am »
You get hit by this a lot because you have the most predictable playstyle of all. Its great that you can distract and survive for minutes versus some people, but just holding S and right click without method should have some kind of quick kill counter, outside of having to carry an axe.

I've only been doing this on my new character, which is a bit of a trollolol character (8 shield skill). The armour i wear on it means that i get killed in 1 shot by most weapons, so i don't think it's unreasonable i hold my shield up a lot on that character. On most of my characters i use 3-5 shield skill and more armour however, so i don't play anywhere near as defensively.

Regarding it being without method, that's just completely untrue. I hover around mass melee with a spear waiting for cav to rear as well as ganking overextended players in teamfights, i protect archers, i choose where to fight tactically, not without method at all. In 1v2+'s i target select, spam, move, and am usually very aggressive (attack as often as i can). If anything's without method, surely it's the legions of heavily armoured 2h's who take no shield and yolo charge towards a teamfight where they mindlessly spam their greatswords until either they're dead or an enemy is dead?

There already is a quick kill counter; if i get hit with 1 ranged weapon, cavalry lance, 2h sword, polearm, most 1h swords, etc., i die in 1 hit. Having a system which makes it literally impossible for me to block (and therefore fight) in a 1v2+, is not a good system.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2018, 01:14:06 pm »
I can say confidently that it doesn't, as a person that uses nudges more often than anyone I've seen in NA.

I only use free nudges though hurr durr

Happens almost every time I play. Considering that not every player uses nudges I would say that is pretty often.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2018, 02:40:25 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

A lot of this comes down to your build being trash and 1h being the highest risk, least reward class right now. Another thing you could do is learn to nudge as well, letting go of right click for a split second and doing neutral nudges is super effective for countering other nudges or feint spams. It takes a long time for someone to ready a long stunning nudge unless they have a shield as well, and so its very obvious and can be countered quickly with said nudge.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2018, 03:56:19 pm »
+2
and am usually very aggressive (attack as often as i can)
ahahahaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahaaahhahaahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahaahaahahhaahahahahaahahahaa

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 04:11:57 pm »
+2
Happens almost every time I play. Considering that not every player uses nudges I would say that is pretty often.

Maybe we're not on the same page of what a counter-nudge is? I'm assuming he means a nudge to stop another nudge from happening, e.g. your typical overhead 2h attack nudge stopping someone attempting to push nudge you with a polearm.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2018, 04:26:43 pm »
I assumed he meant when someone nudges and the other player nudges directly after to stop them from then being able to attack.

Guess we are talking about different scenarios.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2018, 04:33:01 pm »
+1
Just call it a chambered or parried nudge to avoid confusion you nerds.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2018, 05:34:57 pm »
+1
I thought counter nudge meant the one that knocks down?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2018, 06:08:55 pm »
I thought counter nudge meant the one that knocks down?

Knockdown occurs when you nudge someone that is jumping away

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2018, 06:26:21 pm »
Knockdown occurs when you nudge someone that is jumping away

that happens like never. If someone is walking backwards with his hit held and u nudge him u will knock him down 100 percently.

And @corsair: If u get nudged, even though u have 8 athletics with ur so called "troll" shielder (I played 15:27 all ze time) it is pretty understandable that u are angry. Because a nudge stuns u THAT long and it has such a ridiculolous range that there is no way to actually do shit about that!

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2018, 06:28:06 pm »
that happens like never.

Again happens fairly consistently for me. Might not happen for your playstyle but definitely something that I see often enough.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2018, 06:35:49 pm »
+1
Again happens fairly consistently for me. Might not happen for your playstyle but definitely something that I see often enough.

I think he meant you're unlikely to nudge someone who is jumping away, however you will knock someone down who is S keying you, so it could be that one of you is confusing one for the other. In my experience the nudge knockdown occurs often enough that I'm inclined to believe there must be more ways to trigger it than just parry-nudging and jumping away, i.e. getting nudged while S keying probably also leads to a knockdown.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador