Author Topic: Nudge is Broken  (Read 4450 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nudge is Broken
« on: February 27, 2018, 07:36:10 pm »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Nudge is Broken
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 07:44:15 pm »
+7
  • I have never seen anyone successfully pull off a counter-nudge.

Happens quite often.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 07:54:30 pm »
+7
My nudges are not working. You may interpret that however you wish, but I can hardly be expected to perform at a high level when I'm holding a block in the appropriate direction and yet nudges allow people to attack straight through them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 08:15:09 pm »
+9
I regret to inform you that you expended all your suggestion points with the "remove chambers" thread.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 09:19:06 pm »
+2
Polearms are broken, even the shortest polearms stop my horse, please change so I can just ride through them, thanks guys you the best. Oh can you also remove the ability to block and move at the same time, it will make it much easier for me to kill those pesky players on my horse, cheers again.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 09:52:18 pm »
+1
This time he is not asking to remove something but pointing out that nudge mechanic is glitchy and no matter what you think iet's actually true.
Happens quite often.
Sure, like in december 2010.

Offline Bugnir

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Scum of Caladria
  • Game nicks: Bugnir
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 10:11:22 pm »
+13
You guys fucking disgust me.

Corsair survived a brutal gangnudge and what do you fuckers do? You shame him. Nudging causes huge physical aswell as emotional damage and it has undoubtably scarred Corsair for life, but do you people show sympathy, no, of course not. You fuckbags downplay the thread with your abhorent "jokes".
Corsair's life will never be the same. Do you think his buddies in vanguards will invite him to their ERPs ever again knowing his loose sluthole has been nudged by every dude on the server?

I stand with Corsair on this

#REMOVENUDGE
#MOOFORCORSAIR
#MOOTOO

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 10:15:03 pm »
+6
  • Nudge is broken; it removes your block whilst you're moving, and it is very easy to hit a nudge whilst you're moving.
  • Unlike kick, which takes some skill.
-
  • It's so fast that counter-nudge is almost impossible.
  • Literally not once.
-
  • If you're in a 2v1 against people who nudge spam, it's almost impossible to win. So in 2v1 if both players spam it, as a shielder you may as well drop your weapons and give up.
  • If someone spams it in a 1v1, it slows the fight down to an absolute crawl. This means someone can delay a fight almost infinitely until teammates arrive.
-
  • There's a graphical glitch with the shield nudge whilst not blocking, where if you attack immediately afterwards half the animation doesn't show, meaning a 100wpf attack looks like a 170wpf attack, which certain players are abusing.
  • If you put a 2h sword away, do a nudge with your fists and then you get a free hit. This is not difficult, and i've seen quite a few 2h do this to rack up lots of free kills lately.
-
  • An absolutely ridiculous number of my deaths (and the number is growing by the day) are now to this win-button, which is honestly making me not want to play, as i'm sure it is to others.

CORSAIR, I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I TELL ALL THE OTHER 2H HEROES OUT THERE, GET A SHIELD.

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 12:11:49 am »
+1
Lell bugnir,i think corsair needs another -25 downvotes :D lets do dis

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 12:26:42 am »
+4
Do the same to prove your point. Shielders and 1h no shield have the most nudge options.

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 12:29:55 am »
+1
  • Nudge is broken; it removes your block whilst you're moving, and it is very easy to hit a nudge whilst you're moving.
-
  • Literally not once.
-
  • If you're in a 2v1 against people who nudge spam, it's almost impossible to win. So in 2v1 if both players spam it, as a shielder you may as well drop your weapons and give up.
  • If someone spams it in a 1v1, it slows the fight down to an absolute crawl. This means someone can delay a fight almost infinitely until teammates arrive.
-
  • There's a graphical glitch with the shield nudge whilst not blocking, where if you attack immediately afterwards half the animation doesn't show, meaning a 100wpf attack looks like a 170wpf attack, which certain players are abusing.
  • If you put a 2h sword away, do a nudge with your fists and then you get a free hit. This is not difficult, and i've seen quite a few 2h do this to rack up lots of free kills lately.
-
  • An absolutely ridiculous number of my deaths (and the number is growing by the day) are now to this win-button, which is honestly making me not want to play, as i'm sure it is to others.

just hold your attack you unskilled fucktard and you have free hit against someone who abuse nudges :F

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 12:45:30 am »
You guys fucking disgust me.

Corsair survived a brutal gangnudge and what do you fuckers do? You shame him. Nudging causes huge physical aswell as emotional damage and it has undoubtably scarred Corsair for life, but do you people show sympathy, no, of course not. You fuckbags downplay the thread with your abhorent "jokes".
I think i love Corsair and if i had the opportunity i would lick his sweaty balls and put his little penis in my ear nom nom nom.
Corsair's life will never be the same once i have played with his balls. Do you think his buddies in vanguards will invite him to their ERPs ever again knowing his loose sluthole has been nudged by every dude on the server including me with my penis?

I stand with Corsair on this

#REMOVENUDGE
#MOOFORCORSAIR
#MOOTOO

I am glad to have your support in this Bugnir, it really means a lot

njames89, 1%? 0.05%?

San, i don't want to contribute to the game being broken and unfun for other people
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 01:14:38 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

You get hit by this a lot because you have the most predictable playstyle of all. Its great that you can distract and survive for minutes versus some people, but just holding S and right click without method should have some kind of quick kill counter, outside of having to carry an axe.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 963
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 01:51:30 am »
Isn't Corsair usually carrying one handed weapon and a shield? I can't fathom why would shielder QQ against nudge when it is one of the more important tools in their arsenal.

There's a graphical glitch with the shield nudge whilst not blocking, where if you attack immediately afterwards half the animation doesn't show

Don't think it is happening because of nudge, it is known and very old bug in Warband animation system and happens with all weapons. Sometimes it is half animation, sometimes animation is instantaneous. Certainly gives power to spammers because sooner or later bug will happen and they'll get their instant strike which is very hard to block.

Happens quite often.

Correct. At first I was hating on nudge like Corsair, then embraced it as part of my playstyle, in the end I tried to counter nudge those nudge abusing enemy shielders and surprisingly it worked very often.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:58:03 am by Leshma »

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 03:16:31 am »
-
  • Literally not once.
-
-
-

you should watch sugar and I play swashbuckler. counter nudging is very easy, and nudging doesnt lower your block if youre moving. there is a very select set of factors that need to be in place to stun someone with a nudge for a free hit. considering how broken kick hitboxes are, and how limited the options that shielders and swashbucklers have are, then nudges seem pretty fine where they are.

I could explain to you step by step how to stun someone with a nudge for a free hit, but that is a NA swashbuckling secret