Friday
22 (26.8%)
Saturday
30 (36.6%)
Sunday
15 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: March 04, 2018, 11:50:09 pm

Author Topic: Low server populations (poll)  (Read 4896 times)

Offline Xesta

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Known as the best player of cRPG.
    • View Profile
Re: Low server populations (poll)
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2018, 01:26:21 am »
I nudged him at 16:29 once and never did I before on purpose and nor did I before but not like it matters to me if you believe it or not actually. I'm not known as a teamwounder and it never was my intention to do that. I tried to jump the v key is right next to my spacebar key if you didn't know that. I nudged him cus he stood right next to the wall where I tried to jump and he blocked my path that's all. After  that he gone full berserk and tried to teamkill me. AFTER THAT At 16:30 I started to insult him for that, simple as that. Do not see anything problematic there. Of course I nudged him after that accident a few more times for the lulz while he always aimed at me and tried to shoot me as well but didn't hit me cus I dodged the bolts, but OKAAAAAAY.
Xesta you dumb fuck it all started because of you.Everyone i know in this server hates u pimple faced fuck.Go find someone else to pull your nipples,spit your face and tell how stupid you are i'm done with you.I'LL KEBAP YOUR ASS ON MY SHISH I'LL TURN FACE HOLES INTO A SPERM SPLATTER TO GROW FETUS IN UR MOMS UTERUS

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2018, 02:01:50 am »
+2
How does every single thread morph into typical 2h kuyak hero whining about ranged?

Get

a

Shield

This = best build, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJSfzbh5HQ

This = slightly more serious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LUJpdDWCuI
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:04:51 am by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2018, 05:02:58 pm »
+1
Get a shield noobs lmao
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2018, 06:42:58 pm »
+1
looking for a beauty who will help me to increase the server population

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 1398
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2018, 02:03:44 am »
looking for a beauty who will help me to increase the server population

You live in Ukraine, country with crazy number of natural Slavic beauties.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2018, 02:46:50 am »
How does every single thread morph into typical 2h kuyak hero whining about ranged?

Get

a

Shield

This = best build, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJSfzbh5HQ

This = slightly more serious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LUJpdDWCuI
Your argument: INVALID

The problem ISN'T that ranged are too strong as such (Though, xbowers are definitely too strong of a class), the problem is that there are TOO MANY ranged, thus, shields are NOT helpful when you have 20 different ranged users shooting you from all different angles. Shields are great for low population cases, but in high pop I.E. 30+ players, shields do NOT work.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2018, 05:23:33 am »
Your argument: INVALID

The problem ISN'T that ranged are too strong as such (Though, xbowers are definitely too strong of a class), the problem is that there are TOO MANY ranged, thus, shields are NOT helpful when you have 20 different ranged users shooting you from all different angles. Shields are great for low population cases, but in high pop I.E. 30+ players, shields do NOT work.

Combine shields with the ninja way of minds armor and youve got yourself out of a lot of trouble. Obviously everyone shouldnt play like a damn ninja and hide/flank, but if you set your mind to it you can often position yourself so that the cone of protection a shield provides will cover the area ranged are able to shoot you from.

Also if ranged isnt strong, like we see some people have amazing rounds with ranged weapons but in general it isnt that incredibly strong on its own merits. So if it isnt that strong, why is it so attractive, why do so many people play it? I would very much prefer to direct the discussions away from simple nerfs and to more prefferable solutions. Maybe we need a new primary gamemode? A king of the hill kind of system would encourage melee above anything for example, if that is what people want.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2018, 11:17:26 am »
+2
you cant win either way :D

Ranged sit on strong positions picking off solo heroes = people cry
People group up and teamwork to push them out of positions = people cry *cough leshma cough*
People play cav to go behind archers = people cry

The only time ranged is a real problem for me on my shielder (21-16 build so isn't a quick ninja) are throwers because throwing lances hit like a god damn truck :D. If i decide to solo push 3-4 archers as a shielder ofc im going to get shot but im also distracting 3-4 archers so longer i survive the better our chance of winning. For sure if the balance throws most of the ranged on one team for a round you either stomp or get stomped but there isnt much to be done about that 

i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2018, 11:47:05 am »
IG BG is like 30 players server, isn't it? That's for those who prefer EU4 gameplay. Compared to that, free for all no silly clan stacking noob infested siege often has/had 220 player population, like Pecores server used to have before multiplier patch.

Most players prefer to play like me, no strings attached. But this mod forced 90% of them to create clans at first, then to integrate into super clans. You've sacrified casuals who are the meat of every online games population in order to feed interests of the few and now just like before are crying over loss of population. It is funny that exact same people who always talk in favor of esports aspect, competitive gaming are the ones who were the most active when server population was more casual and not dominated by try hards. I do remember Vibe always being in favor of competitive so called pro level of competition yet I also do remember him being the most active in earlier phases of cRPG development, when it wasn't about x5, clan stacks and rest of that.

cRPG is fun in same way injecting heroin is fun. But it wasn't always heroin, used to be like weed at first. Certain people helped to shape it into heoin, interestingly same are abusers of hard substances irl.

Weren't you permabanned for cheating?
What does that have to do with anything? I was temporarily banned, when I was 16.
Glad you show once more, what an edgy dickhead you are.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2018, 11:49:23 am »
If i decide to solo push 3-4 archers as a shielder ofc im going to get shot but im also distracting 3-4 archers so longer i survive the better our chance of winning

I think this is the main problem, people wouldn't dream of charging 3-4 melee thinking "I'm definitely going to win this! This is going to be an even fight!", but people expect to charge 3-4 archers and think to themselves "I'm definitely going to win this! This is going to be an even fight!"

I think people just think, "Ranged isn't a threat", because it's quite far way, and then they get hit with an arrow and suddenly it's all tears
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2018, 01:56:50 pm »
+2
If you notice, the only people who are trying to defend the mass clan stacking , are people from Mercs and Byzantium.

Both of you literally try to grab anyone who shows a tad of skill to your clans, just so you can roll with constant X5.

On eu1 its the same shit, a couple of hours the Vanguards will be online storming the server with their clan stacking, a couple of hours will be the Mercs and their clan stacking.

I do not have a problem with that, since I play as a lancer, and to be honst I am better than most of you, but if a new guy joins EU1, and starts getting stomped down by your elitist clans, he will go away.

Having a nice clan, is a big difference to "I grab everyone who has some skill"

Youre all shit.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2018, 02:09:08 pm »
+1
so if all mercs byz and other clans who enjoy playing as a group rather than solo stopped playing, crpg would be sweet and highly populated?
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2018, 02:27:55 pm »
Enjoy?

Friend, everyday I see more and more mercs, hell, I am sure that even you do not know some Mercs yourself, because your clan is mass recruiting.

And yeah, I personally  think that the servers would be more populated than now without your idiotic clan stacking.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2018, 02:36:21 pm »
+1
so if all mercs byz and other clans who enjoy playing as a group rather than solo stopped playing, crpg would be sweet and highly populated?

Considering that 95% of the server belongs to one clan or another, i think the server would basically be a duel server for the few left on. I think its highly overrated how big of an impact the clan stacks have now, and balance seems to swap us around a lot. There are plenty of smaller clans with good players. With current population you dont need many players to change the tides. Very rarely do Byz even get many players on now, and mercs seem to be in the same seat. We just have a core that enjoys playing with eachother, and we have a good feel of eachothers dicks playstyles so that we can work together well.

I dont deny it happens we get a bunch on at certain times, but in general its more like 5 byz + 10 etc. Not much different from Tormatun having same numbers, or amox or whatever others there are.. SB. We have an insane amount of inactives, and we have some questionable banner leechers that ive been nagging about kicking but i guess we are just addicted to armory looms.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2018, 07:08:21 pm »
I think this is the main problem, people wouldn't dream of charging 3-4 melee thinking "I'm definitely going to win this! This is going to be an even fight!"

The real question is who doesn't think this? Without this mentality you ain't getting anywhere. Well, that goes for the first  part anyways... I don't fool myself into thinking it'll be even, as the 3-4 guys on the other team are gonna have a hard fight on their hands.  8-)

but people expect to charge 3-4 archers and think to themselves "I'm definitely going to win this! This is going to be an even fight!"

Nope. Not one person (other than you, perhaps) has thought this. If I see 3-4 ranged players aiming at me I run and hide, if at all possible.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador