Friday
22 (26.8%)
Saturday
30 (36.6%)
Sunday
15 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: March 04, 2018, 11:50:09 pm

Author Topic: Low server populations (poll)  (Read 4912 times)

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Low server populations (poll)
« on: February 25, 2018, 11:50:09 pm »
+12
I've noticed the server populations have dropped rapidly over the last week or so.

This is probably due, in part, to the recent release of Kingdom Come and perhaps also due to the issues we were having with banner balance at the time. (Not that I am ungrateful for the efforts made to fix it, I just think that the format we had was unfortunately as good as it gets.)

I know that the devs are working to improve the mod, but I was thinking about how we as a community could do something.

Therefore I propose we all vote and agree on one evening per week that everyone will agree to try and be online. Say from 5pm GMT onwards. Hopefully this way, we can get some big battles going again and provoke more interest in the mod. If we could get 120 people at one time that would be awesome.

I will leave this poll running until next Sunday (4th) to give everyone a chance to see it and vote. If enough people are interested, I'll post another thread announcing the event for whichever day is chosen the following week.

Muffin
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:53:17 pm by Blueberry Muffin »
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Jarl_Onurb

• Count
  • Renown: 201
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Onurb
Re: Low server populations (poll)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 12:20:58 am »
+11
u forgot the option 24/7

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 12:53:05 am »
+5
server is dead mostly because of KCD and the shitty balance. Here's how it goes currently:

30-40 player server gets filled with ranged, slowly (but surely) everyone GTXs because ranged currently are too strong as they have too many numbers.
Server dies down to a decent 10-20 players, some ranged gets involved and ruins the fun so everyone just leaves.

Want EU1 to be alive? Stop playing ranged classes. I played on NA1 for a bit and had so much fucking fun there, there was a grand total of like maybe 1 thrower there in about 20 people, I had a hoot of a time. I'm starting to wait until NA gets active before I start playing properly now, as whenever I play EU1 I end up just GTXting due to ranged just instagibbing me at the start of the round.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 07:08:34 am »
+5
server is dead mostly because of KCD and the shitty balance. Here's how it goes currently:

30-40 player server gets filled with ranged, slowly (but surely) everyone GTXs because ranged currently are too strong as they have too many numbers.
Server dies down to a decent 10-20 players, some ranged gets involved and ruins the fun so everyone just leaves.

Want EU1 to be alive? Stop playing ranged classes. I played on NA1 for a bit and had so much fucking fun there, there was a grand total of like maybe 1 thrower there in about 20 people, I had a hoot of a time. I'm starting to wait until NA gets active before I start playing properly now, as whenever I play EU1 I end up just GTXting due to ranged just instagibbing me at the start of the round.

I respecced away from HA and all that happens is the amount of ranged on the server makes me want to respec back to HA so I can shoot them back lol.

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 09:15:49 am »

Joined EU1 Saturday morning, 10 players - 5 of them were ranged. Fuck that, as soon as I saw that I closed the game and opened PUBG.

You know, Ive came to realise that there is no difference between PUBG and C-RPG, both of them are shooting games.

Offline illogical

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • 100 Ping User
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Union, Teutonic Order
  • Game nicks: T_Yakety_Sax_savesiege
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 09:23:58 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)
#savesiege

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 09:53:28 am »
+1
I made my stf char an archer thrower hybrid if that helps
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 10:00:49 am »
+13

haha HURRRR DURRRRRRRRR JUST

*BRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*

GET

*SHHHHHHRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLRLRLRLRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP* *TOOT*

A SHIELD

*scratches nuts and sniffs fingers*

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO xD XD X DXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 10:11:21 am »
Got the club going up, on a Tuesday
Got your girl in the cut, and she ain't choosey

burak yeter - tuesday

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 11:33:36 am »
People will always find a reason to complain, and probably quit. Right now its ranged, ok well lets get a melee server. Remove pikes. Remove shields. People want to play the game but they dont want to play the game. A terrible mindset was nurtured forth and now people cant stand even the immensely nerfed ranged we have. I dont think it could ever live with this.

But having a one day per week revival at first didnt seem like a good idea, but i may be wrong. It could turn a dead turd into something thats at least alive once a week, "Oh its cRPG day". Im not sure but i think its common for other old dead games to have a peak day to emulate better times, it might simply not be possible to keep a game alive for so long unless you create a highly competitive environment, or if its just a ton of casual fun.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 11:39:16 am »
i have noticed that Friday evening usually has a good population
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 11:42:49 am »
+1
People will always find a reason to complain, and probably quit. Right now its ranged, ok well lets get a melee server. Remove pikes. Remove shields. People want to play the game but they dont want to play the game. A terrible mindset was nurtured forth and now people cant stand even the immensely nerfed ranged we have. I dont think it could ever live with this.

But having a one day per week revival at first didnt seem like a good idea, but i may be wrong. It could turn a dead turd into something thats at least alive once a week, "Oh its cRPG day". Im not sure but i think its common for other old dead games to have a peak day to emulate better times, it might simply not be possible to keep a game alive for so long unless you create a highly competitive environment, or if its just a ton of casual fun.

shut the fuck up, youre trash.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 11:47:18 am »
+1
shut the fuck up, youre trash.

^ this exactly. Nice tournaments you hosted for a game you basically killed with your disease of a mentality.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 12:01:18 pm »
+1
I killed an entire mod?

wow, had I known I had such an influence over that many people, Id run for president.

Dont be mad gravoth, I only bash you and your clan stacking no skilled clan members.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 12:10:29 pm »
I killed an entire mod?

wow, had I known I had such an influence over that many people, Id run for president.

Dont be mad gravoth, I only bash you and your clan stacking no skilled clan members.

Yeah you alone literally killed it  :cry:

To be fair youve hated on clanstacking, teamplay, competitive weaponry etc. And youve worked hard to build one of the worst personalities in the game, which is impressive in its own right i suppose, but healthy? nah. We (byz) usually funnel our hate into Kenda on teamspeak, but whenever someone ventures to the forums we all somehow fight our urge to hate on Kenda and instead it gets aimed at how retarded most of your posts are.