Author Topic: New Team Balance Sucks  (Read 5410 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: New Team Balance Sucks
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 12:40:04 pm »
Can you guess why?

1. Im better than most of you.

2. I do not need clan stacking to roll constantly on x5

3. I have been asked by multiple clans to join them, Mercs, Amox, Tomaton, Byzantium, etc etc.

The only clan Ive liked over the years, were the Templars, thats why everynow and then I join their banner. They are mostly chilled dudes, who play the game to have fun, not to tryhard like most of you.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 12:41:59 pm »
+1
You'd know the difference if youve ever played with a proper stack of people. There are incredibly few you can actually properly fight with. Most people still are completely clueless to the idea of target switching to help eachother out.

I have played with a proper stack and when we do i always have a x5, and when I dont I always have a x5 because I just fight with my team.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2018, 12:44:03 pm »
+3
99% of the people here play together for friendship, not for x5. It is merely a pretext to pass time together.

About the balance, you cant have your cake and eat it.
Banner balance or class balance, choosing you must! The latest big backlash was about class balance, now that the pendulum is swinging on the other side, this thread appears; naturally.

Truly, Prof & co arent stupid, they will find a compromise to make it as enjoyable as possible for everyone. But they will need some time and reasonable feedback.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2018, 01:03:04 pm »
+3
The first though that I had after finding this thread was: be strong dev team, be strong...
Ye, dev patience seems to be on a level of it's own  :mrgreen:

Truly, Prof & co arent stupid, they will find a compromise to make it as enjoyable as possible for everyone. But they will need some time and reasonable feedback.
"Devs don't listen to me when I swear my ideas at them in capslock, that's why I called them stupid in the first place! I'll just shittalk my way through ingame chat, that'll surely bring a change and not drive people away from the mod!"
there's a couple of people who do this exact thing and for me, that's the most efficient way to kill the mod.

99% of the people here play together for friendship, not for x5. It is merely a pretext to pass time together.
this. Also, if I don't win one round with a team, I try to figure out how my team could work together so we can achieve a victory. If I get switched every round, all the struggling just becomes meaningless. So, maybe a rebalance just after the second round and some minor switches in the later rounds, kinda a bit as it used to be and no constant team cocktail mixing. I know, it ain't easy to achieve  :?

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2018, 01:19:37 pm »
+1
Does anybody still really care about having x5? I think the balance main goal should be having clan mates on the same team, cause thats what most people play this for. Remove the ability to play with your friends and you might as well kill the mod yourself.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2018, 01:49:52 pm »
+2
I will agree sometimes when you play with a group it's fun, but, imo we should be focusing on making things an actual fair and fun experience for ALL players, not just for ones who want to play with their friends and dominate every round they play. Keep in mind now, we have lots of new players joining and the last thing we want is to send them packing because it was impossible for them to win unless they got put on the team where a bunch of people had the same banner.
Here's how the old system worked:

New map loads up: Join team in hopes of getting placed with bannerstack -> Hooray I got placed with bannerstack -> Win first round -> Sit with bannerstack for the rest of the game unless I get autobalanced near to the end and rack up all the multi leaving one team getting nothing and the other team getting nothing but x5 -> rinse and repeat
OR
Join team in hopes of getting placed with bannerstack -> FUCK I didn't get placed with bannerstack, welp, this entire map now is a waste of time -> Lose -> Lose -> Lose -> Lose -> New map loads up -> Join team in hopes of getting placed with bannerstack etc etc.

Sorry but I prefer actual balance as opposed to just one team steamrolling everyone for literally every single round we play. Sure, you can't play with your friends and teamwork as much, but imo there's an element of fun in fighting AGAINST your friends as well.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2018, 02:12:36 pm »
+1
I will agree sometimes when you play with a group it's fun, but, imo we should be focusing on making things an actual fair and fun experience for ALL players, not just for ones who want to play with their friends and dominate every round they play. Keep in mind now, we have lots of new players joining and the last thing we want is to send them packing because it was impossible for them to win unless they got put on the team where a bunch of people had the same banner.

New map loads up: Join team in hopes of getting placed with bannerstack -> Hooray I got placed with bannerstack -> Win first round -> Sit with bannerstack for the rest of the game unless I get autobalanced near to the end and rack up all the multi leaving one team getting nothing and the other team getting nothing but x5 -> rinse and repeat
OR
Join team in hopes of getting placed with bannerstack -> FUCK I didn't get placed with bannerstack, welp, this entire map now is a waste of time -> Lose -> Lose -> Lose -> Lose -> New map loads up -> Join team in hopes of getting placed with bannerstack etc etc.

Sorry but I prefer actual balance as opposed to just one team steamrolling everyone for literally every single round we play. Sure, you can't play with your friends and teamwork as much, but imo there's an element of fun in fighting AGAINST your friends as well.

Alright, to go deeper into this, BlueberryMuffin and I were ALWAYS getting balanced (I'm speaking in a literal way, no exaggeration). The rest of the clan stayed on the other team most of the time, and I'd play with my team 1 out of 2 rounds, and some others were getting thrown out of the team when it happened. This was occurring when Byzantium players were in front, and had similar chances to win. Getting balanced gameplay is good, but being able to play with the rest of my dudes is literally the reason to put the banner on, why should I spend a whopping 50% of my playtime against my clanmates ?

I'll just try to revise instead of playing EU1 anyway, should stop playing for a while to make sure I didn't just waste 3 years at uni. I just hope the banner balance will be fixed for after the finals.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2018, 02:30:43 pm »
+1
99% of the people here play together for friendship

gay

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2018, 02:37:56 pm »
+2
Alright, to go deeper into this, BlueberryMuffin and I were ALWAYS getting balanced (I'm speaking in a literal way, no exaggeration). The rest of the clan stayed on the other team most of the time, and I'd play with my team 1 out of 2 rounds, and some others were getting thrown out of the team when it happened. This was occurring when Byzantium players were in front, and had similar chances to win. Getting balanced gameplay is good, but being able to play with the rest of my dudes is literally the reason to put the banner on, why should I spend a whopping 50% of my playtime against my clanmates ?

I'll just try to revise instead of playing EU1 anyway, should stop playing for a while to make sure I didn't just waste 3 years at uni. I just hope the banner balance will be fixed for after the finals.

I remember getting autobalanced a lot, even with banner balance. The proper response is to immediately target as many Mercs as possible and kill the traitors.

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2018, 04:01:43 pm »
+4
Good job team for all the hard work, ignore this crybabies they will kill the mod.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2018, 04:19:20 pm »
+4
(click to show/hide)

I dunno, i would argue new players would look up to clans and even look forward to joining them. Just like in any large scale game you want to group up and work together. Bannerstacks are hardly that dominating, or very rarely at the very least and often get balanced out because almost everyone belongs to one or another stack that will help their team in a grouped up manner. I very much prefer a game that incentivises the creations of clans and stacks, the entire game is completely built on teamwork and strategy and should have its focus on such.
That aside, new players quit because of many other reasons but that is another topic.

Dont get me wrong, i love fighting against my clan when it happens. Completely depending on the situation, the balance has flunked a couple of times where it was a complete steamroll (not in recent memory though), but that was rare. Usually it balances it out now properly, and for good reason.

Old system was far more unbalanced and onesided iirc, and i played a lot during those times. It was changed for good reason.

edit: also when cuck clans like tormatun get switched to different teams they just brocode, which actively makes the game worse more than a banner stack.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 07:13:10 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Telford

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Unionen
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Telford_X | Kalmar_Koenigstiger_II | Kalmar_Windhund_XIV | Kalmar_Silberloewe_II |
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2018, 08:53:40 pm »
+1
Is there any way to prioritize banner balance whilst shifting the randoms to balance overall (e.g. by class, etc)?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2018, 09:00:45 pm »
Is there any way to prioritize banner balance whilst shifting the randoms to balance overall (e.g. by class, etc)?
so you want clans to be able to play whatever class they want when they want and to make those not in clans be made to have to switch class? Yeah that sounds fair.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:03:48 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Mazari

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2018, 09:17:14 pm »

OR

Good job team for all the hard work, ignore this crybabies they will kill the mod.

Idiots like this 2 can keep writting whatever they want to , simple fact is that amount of players on server has already fallen in 2 times i think , that simply shows how good new balance is. Mod ll be dead for sure if u don't return old balance.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2018, 09:38:23 pm »

Idiots like this 2 can keep writting whatever they want to , simple fact is that amount of players on server has already fallen in 2 times i think , that simply shows how good new balance is. Mod ll be dead for sure if u don't return old balance.

Imo the lack of players is more down to ranged reducing peoples will to live so much that they've given up, but hey ho, I'm speculating.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,