Author Topic: Balancing  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Arthur_

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 557
  • Infamy: 148
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Arthur
Balancing
« on: February 04, 2018, 12:59:03 am »
+5
Seriously where did u hire the current balancing team. Most of them are ranged (xbow)  bundle of sticks, they are buffing and nerfing uselles stuff and the mod has less players every weak. Those balancers arent even playing at all, and if they are they are most likely on a fucking DTV server.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Jackie who?

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
Re: Balancing
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 08:00:16 am »
+1
Seriously where did u hire the current balancing team. Most of them are ranged (xbow)  bundle of sticks, they are buffing and nerfing uselles stuff and the mod has less players every weak. Those balancers arent even playing at all, and if they are they are most likely on a fucking DTV server.
nope they dont play on DTV, most of them are forum warriors of NA (almost empty NA1 server)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 09:54:32 am »
+4
You guys sure do talk a lot.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 10:31:22 am »
+4

What would you say are the most pressing issues that need to be addressed? Probably a better starting point than calling people fa ggots who dont play the mod

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 10:45:41 am »
You guys sure do talk a lot.
oh quite contrary we play shit tons alot, talking is gud for forum warrior pleblings, who still got problems with warband(crpg) mechanic - how it works.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 01:35:53 pm »
+7
In an alternate timeline somewhere the current dev team just quit the mod and you're all crying your eyes out cos no more patches, no Strategus reset, no bugfixes, no new items, no server restarts when they get fucked up, etc etc

You're now exactly someone whom you hated in the past about OKAM.

Just one thing to make it clear: balancers are not the dev team (yet some devs might take part in balancing though). It's like calling admins the dev team. And if they do the opposite thing of what has to be done and they do it without any real reasons - then yes, they don't do their job.

I am indeed not a hater (even if it looks like) who hates every decision that is made and can't appreciate anything that's done. I'm just really concerned about current balancing team and I see a real threat of the population drop (we couldn't get even 2/3 of rosters for XP battle yesterday in prime time for EU while 2 weeks ago full rosters were possible even for random battles). The attitude of balancing team doesn't make high hopes for getting the situation better.

What Professor and other devs do is something that many players and I personally appreciate and I bow before him for what he does.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 05:11:31 pm »
+2
One single change is the 'opposite' of what you and only you have suggested. There's no need to throw your toys out your pram and call them incompetent over that.

If 'their job' was solely to implement what you and only you demand, then sure let's say they aren't doing that because they lowered Str requirement by 1 alongside the various other nerfs to that class lol.

There's constructive feedback and then there's:
"Here is my list of the things you should do to the mod and not one single thing else!"

Where you throw a pathetic temper-tantrum and act like the balance team needs to be replaced because they didn't rigidly stick to every single one of your half-baked musings about the entire balance of the mod.

Say what you will, I mean you can really say whatever you want, but I can guarantee that you're not going to get what you want going about it that way.

You just see only a top of an iceberg and act like an asshat. Do you even play this mod? When I said about zero competence - it wasn't like a random rant coming out of nowhere. When we came to real numbers in discussion - turned out that decisions were made without any calculations, just "for diversity".

Okay, they nerfed light crossbow but who cares about it? It wasn't much of an issue. They buffed arbalest and what's more important - heavy crossbow. That's like giving camel more HP just for "more diversity".

As I've said many times - my suggested changes is my opinion and that opinion has certain logic and real calculations behind it. I don't claim that my suggestion is the ultimate decision to all problems but doing obvious mistake without solid reasons is just bad. Open that thread: http://forum.melee.org/game-balance-discussion/balance-for-crossbows/

Do you see much of discussion from game balancers there? Exactly, no. And it's there for 2 weeks.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 06:40:41 pm »
+2
buff board shields
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 07:59:52 pm »
nerf camel

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 08:23:29 pm »
+7
it's kind of hard to make a correlation between the balancers and a declining population. i mean, if crossbows and bows are being constantly rebalanced and the executioner's sword has had its slot count changed a couple times, and THAT is what is causing people to leave, then good fucking riddance, like what kind of retards like that would we want to keep around apart from me.

people, including me, have been complaining about ranged for years and years and the rebalancing of the class has never ceased. there will always be disgruntled nerds

as for the recent teambalance mechanic; again, it has some errors, but the shits been out for ONE DAY. like, at least it's an effort to try and fix some shit that is still gonna have people whining

elderly woman, tristan, and thryn all play on NA... daily.... and i have been talking to elderly and thryn about various balance changes for weeks and shit that should be changed or fixed and you know what? they tell me shit they plan on fixing and within a couple weeks theres a patch out with those very fixes: 1h cut buff, armor soak, FUCKING LONG VOULGE

so how dare you???? how dare u IIIIIDIOTS even insult these HARD WORKING people!!!!! FUCK U!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 08:29:10 pm »
Are there any EU item balancers? No taxation without representation ok?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 10:20:06 pm »
Are there any EU item balancers? No taxation without representation ok?
Cikel you better get back here someones gonna take your fief in strat tonight.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 10:34:45 pm »
+10
elderly woman, tristan, and thryn all play on NA... daily....

2 retards and a manchild
not impressed

Offline belda

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Matando guiris, como siempre.
    • View Profile
    • NovaSimulatio
  • Faction: Brigand
  • Game nicks: Otta
  • IRC nick: Steam: Belda
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 10:57:28 pm »
+1
Plated Charger hit points: 150
Camel hit points:  185  :rolleyes:

proposed change

Camel
hit points: 185 to 165
body armor: 21 to 15
difficulty: 5 to 6

Heavy Crossbow
Slots: 3 to 2

Arbalest

Slots: 4 to 3
Can't sheath?

Steel Bolts
Slots: 0 to 1

Tatar Arrows
Bodkin Arrows

So they will use more simple bolts or arrows and will do less damage.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 02:25:22 am »
+3
Plated Charger hit points: 150
Camel hit points:  185  :rolleyes:

proposed change

Camel
hit points: 185 to 165
body armor: 21 to 15
difficulty: 5 to 6

Heavy Crossbow
Slots: 3 to 2

Arbalest

Slots: 4 to 3
Can't sheath?

Steel Bolts

Tatar Arrows
Bodkin Arrows

So they will use more simple bolts or arrows and will do less damage.

just because the plated charger has a ton of armor doesnt necessarily mean it should have more HP. hp and armor are affected differently by damage, and the plated charger is, by far, way fucking tougher. the camel really is fine where it stands.

if a heavy crossbow is made 2 slots, that means that someone can carry around a heavy crossbow as a secondary while primarily using a Bec or Longsword. I would rather hang myself by the testies than see people shotgunning with heavy xbows then whipping out a bec

the damage difference between regular bolts and steel bolts really isn't much at all. the ammo is what kills. 2 slots of +3 steel bolts is only 16 bolts of ammo. 16 shots.

and lets make the archer's only pierce arrow option a 1 slot, meaning they can only bring 15 pierce arrows? hey not a bad idea. oh wait you want to make the best cut arrow alternative 1 slot too? maybe not so fair