Author Topic: 0.5.2.4: Auto-Balance, and other Balancings  (Read 15570 times)

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
Re: 0.5.2.4: Auto-Balance, and other Balancings
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2018, 11:10:08 am »
+3
I may be mistaken: however I 'think' after our intial tests with the new balancer we reverted and you are currently playing with the old balancer as it was before we touched it.
It feels weird tho. Half of the team gets swapped for no reason and immediately swapped back next round.
It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2018, 11:30:15 am »
courser should go back to 6 difficulty at 4 its ridiculous with the speed bonus you can go 27/12 cav and just rek

As a lancer I agree to that.

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2018, 04:21:47 pm »
courser should go back to 6 difficulty at 4 its ridiculous with the speed bonus you can go 27/12 cav and just rek

what about no? did you try to play lance cav? why only 2h/polearms can go str whores and cav have to pay double for everything? :F leave it 4 diff, and get a spear or teamplay with ranged/polearms, its not that hard to do it.

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2018, 10:12:11 pm »
+2
Bring back Lombardic or some other 1h/2h mode sword to 0 slot, or bring back arbalest to 3 slots.
It is really stupid, that is not possible use 2h sword with arbalest.
For now we have Sickle, Axe and it would be quite normal to have one sword.

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2018, 01:58:37 pm »
Bring back Lombardic or some other 1h/2h mode sword to 0 slot, or bring back arbalest to 3 slots.
It is really stupid, that is not possible use 2h sword with arbalest.
For now we have Sickle, Axe and it would be quite normal to have one sword.
Yes! We should have some 2h Swords with 1 Slot.
Like:
Danish Bastard Sword
Bastard Sword
French Longsword
German Longsword
German Bastard Sword
Executioner Sword
Not all of them, maybe 2 or 3
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline illogical

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • 100 Ping User
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Union, Teutonic Order
  • Game nicks: T_Yakety_Sax_savesiege
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2018, 01:17:47 am »
Faction Leader Armor bugged
#savesiege

Offline Telford

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Unionen
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Telford_X | Kalmar_Koenigstiger_II | Kalmar_Windhund_XIV | Kalmar_Silberloewe_II |
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2018, 09:43:37 am »
what about no? did you try to play lance cav? why only 2h/polearms can go str whores and cav have to pay double for everything? :F leave it 4 diff, and get a spear or teamplay with ranged/polearms, its not that hard to do it.

The courser is for lancers. You're supposed to get your damage from the speed of the horse, not your Power Strike.

I assume that was the theory.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2018, 02:58:27 pm »
The courser is for lancers. You're supposed to get your damage from the speed of the horse, not your Power Strike.

I assume that was the theory.

yea, I know. This horse dies to 1 arrow/bolt/dagger to the head anyway so its not that hard to kill it so stop crying people :F

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2018, 09:36:42 pm »
1. Why was executioner sword made 2-slot? It had been 1-slot since it was added and was the only high-tier (and high cost...) 1-slot 2h. I think this was totally uncalled for and a bad decision, but I suppose there's some kind of reasoning behind this? Another balancer told me in game that this wasn't even discussed... So now I can't equip a long bow and executioner sword, but I can equip a long bow and 3 heavy board shields. Maybe you should just let a random number generator do the balancing.

2. Can you please restore the corelation between missile speed and damage? If not for the touch of realism, then maybe for the sake of balance, because high-damage ranged weapons are otherwise useless, since all the extra damage gets lost in weird armor soak calculations, apparently.

3. Why don't you balance teams on battle using the persistent player k:d values from the data base? That's the best data you can have to balance teams and you wouldn't have to scramble them after every fricking round.

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2018, 10:32:11 pm »
1. Why was executioner sword made 2-slot? It had been 1-slot since it was added and was the only high-tier (and high cost...) 1-slot 2h. I think this was totally uncalled for and a bad decision, but I suppose there's some kind of reasoning behind this? Another balancer told me in game that this wasn't even discussed... So now I can't equip a long bow and executioner sword, but I can equip a long bow and 3 heavy board shields. Maybe you should just let a random number generator do the balancing.

2. Can you please restore the corelation between missile speed and damage? If not for the touch of realism, then maybe for the sake of balance, because high-damage ranged weapons are otherwise useless, since all the extra damage gets lost in weird armor soak calculations, apparently.

3. Why don't you balance teams on battle using the persistent player k:d values from the data base? That's the best data you can have to balance teams and you wouldn't have to scramble them after every fricking round.
1. this was discussed, its effectiveness is similar to weapons like great axe that are 2 slot.

2. this has been restored already

3. this is something I've thought about and would like to implement. however it would be very difficult.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2018, 11:10:36 pm »
+1
Did everyone complaining about the lack of 1 slot 2h forget that the  mace exists which was already a better option than the executioner sword anyways?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2018, 12:10:55 am »
+1
Did everyone complaining about the lack of 1 slot 2h forget that the  mace exists which was already a better option than the executioner sword anyways?

So why make executioner 2H ??

In most cases it doesn't even make a difference, only when you are using a longbow or heavy xbow, and both are no better than the "smaller" ones. Composite bow is ten times better than yew bow for example, because all ranged weapons tend to deal the same amount of damage now. And executioner sword is a small and compact sword with very low reach, so it makes sense to have it use only 1 slot. I guess that was the idea when it was made. This purely cost-based argumentation is stupid. If the thing needed nerfing, why was nobody using it? It's so expensive that mace or dadao are more appealing anyway, if you only have 1 slot left. But I guess those 2 are next on the campaign against ranged. I also can't get over how all shields are now 0-slot... I guess realism is not a valid basis for argumentation here, so if nobody bothers that you can carry around 4 board shields but only one longbow, at least think of the MONEY! There are many shields that are too cheap to have the advantage of being 0-slot.

About the missile speed: why is it higher for composite bow than for yew long bow then? Are there hidden damage-related mechanisms at work again?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2018, 12:24:46 am »
I guess realism is not a valid basis for argumentation here

Nor should it be.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2018, 12:47:17 am »
+1
1. this was discussed, its effectiveness is similar to weapons like great axe that are 2 slot.

I just looked at the stats. Turns out that great axe has higher damage, bonus against shield and costs half as much. Since axes are naturally bulkier than swords (no realism intended), I don't see your point. Katana is more similar and it should be 1-slot, too.

And since realism should not be a factor, let's just randomly pick some underpowered weapons to use 1 slot instead. In fact, just generate all item values randomly and calculate the item costs from those values. Then there will be no balance problems at all and no risk of realism.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2018, 03:50:54 am »

thats because this is nuCRPG and the unwashed masses have long-forgotten the disgusting, animation abusing, knockdown-chaining monstrosity that is the eggbeater

and its kinda tuff to s-key with

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?