Author Topic: 0.5.2.4: Auto-Balance, and other Balancings  (Read 15379 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: 0.5.2.4: Auto-Balance, and other Balancings
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2018, 09:59:32 am »
A spastic Croatian xbower asks for a buff to his class

He's Bosnian.
(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2018, 10:05:42 am »
+1
I'm not sure Panos knows what the word "consider" means

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2018, 10:10:08 am »
Take into account/Think about it.

#gottem

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2018, 10:54:28 am »
+1
Take into account/Think about it.

#gottem
google doesnt count :P

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2018, 12:49:40 pm »
It is not buff to class.
Not be able to use 2h sword with arbalest, It's a restriction for class.

Its like: from now on it is only possible to use light lance with heavy horse.
And everyone agree with that kind of decision ....   
Im not sure about that  :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:53:21 pm by Sagar »

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2018, 03:08:53 pm »
+2
Please, I want my courser to have 60 speed & 300 HP, oh, and since I am buffing my class, give the Arabian Heavy Lance 100 pierce & no cooldown couch time.

I will consider it panos.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2018, 04:22:04 pm »
+1
Requesting exchanges on char "Penitent_turtler"

Item name: Crossbow
Why you believe you deserve compensation: I don't "deserve" it, but you don't get what you don't ask for!  My char was crossbow hybrid with marginal accuracy already.  The change tips the scales for me and the crossbow becomes not worth it with my build.  Thanks!

Item name: Iberian Mace
Why you believe you deserve compensation: Blunt nerfed :(  My goal in life is to break tin-cans, so I will need to switch or pierce weapon

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2018, 04:49:27 am »
+1
Blunt is still superior. No exchange is necessary. Nerf was marginal at best.

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2018, 02:23:48 pm »
Requesting exchanges on char "Penitent_turtler"

Item name: Crossbow
Why you believe you deserve compensation: I don't "deserve" it, but you don't get what you don't ask for!  My char was crossbow hybrid with marginal accuracy already.  The change tips the scales for me and the crossbow becomes not worth it with my build.  Thanks!

Item name: Iberian Mace
Why you believe you deserve compensation: Blunt nerfed :(  My goal in life is to break tin-cans, so I will need to switch or pierce weapon

it still knockdown with 1st hit so :D I dont see any nerf in blunt 1h :F
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:29:25 pm by Gandalf77 »

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2018, 03:41:14 pm »
Ok fine, just one exchange for the crossbow.  Deal.

With please and thank you of course
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:45:33 pm by Penitent »

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2018, 04:07:58 am »
Shepherd Axe: Length 95->73. (Model was incorrect size based on files Weren sent me. But considering this axe filled a nice niche, I might revert this change)

this axe is absolutely worthless now. model is horrendous too

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2018, 04:17:24 pm »
Shepherd Axe: Length 95->73. (Model was incorrect size based on files Weren sent me. But considering this axe filled a nice niche, I might revert this change)

this axe is absolutely worthless now. model is horrendous too

Shepherd Axe supouse to be tiny blade with long handle weapon. When it was like 1 meter long the blade was too big, it looked awful for me. I gave idea for that weapon, I had once one at home but wooden fake only :D

If you want to resize it do new model please.

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2018, 09:38:55 pm »
+3
Pretty shocked at this thread to be honest.  As one of the oldest crossbow players in NA, in my opinion, crossbows are definitely nerfed.  The already poor accuracy is worse, and the crossbows do less damage than before.  Archery is dead accurate in comparison, it doesn't even come close.  It has always been like this, I've compared accuracy many times with some of the top archers, even with Bagge, for EU reference.   And it's pathetic for the crossbow honestly, when you compare shot per shot placement(groupings).  But now it's even worse(I thought it was bad back then).  Overall, this is probably not a bad thing, rather a good thing, maybe it’s a little excessive with the new changes in my opinion.  But a lot of these points are not taken into account by the community.  Another trade off would be, of course, that the crossbow can absolutely choose when to discharge their weapon.  There is quite a lot to take into account.  That’s what the balancing team has to do.

For you people who think (currently) crossbows are anti archer: granted this indeed used to be the case, but is not in the current state of the game.  Yes, if I can headshot an archer without being noticed(this is not a class *thing*, anyone can be “stealth”), I will.  Since the archer clearly out classes me in overall damage output(which isn't a bad thing, since they are a more dedicated range class), I should take him out earlier rather than later.  I'm also surprised that nobody is mentioning the insane damage bows are currently doing.  A bow would NEVER approach the damage it's currently doing to me in the past.  Bows effectively do the same damage as crossbows in terms of shots to kill with the current *possible builds* that are commonly in use now.  And they shoot way faster.  However, this is not a problem?  I’m not sure.  I don't disagree with the changes, but the reaction from the general population is surprising.  Of course, I am holding out on the fact that this may be completely the fault of the armor soak being up in the air right now.  We just have to see.

Balancing should be looked at from all sides of cRPG, from every classes perspective, and finally how they all interact with each other.  The most common reaction posts I see in general are "what this means to me", instead of "what this means for everyone".  I see "you buffed crossbows" when I *personally* would MUCH rather go back to "the way it was", since crossbows were much stronger before...  The mix of character level changes, damage mitigation, stat changes, and speed mechanics have nerfed crossbows quite a bit.  But the community perceives this as a buff...  I for one would be all for reverting all these changes if the community *perceives* it as a buff.....

@DaveUKR, saying someone "forced" you to insult them is pretty extreme...  That’s like saying someone “forced” you to hit them.  While I can see your points, I'm not sure if you necessarily see where Nightingale was going with this.  You should have just pointed out what the, in your opinion, flaws were, what you think should happen, why, what you think could possibly be the reasoning for the changes, and why they may or may not be helpful to the game balance.  And by the way, Nightingale has extensive history as a crossbow player as well.  So even though we may not agree with the changes, it’s not like they were coming from absolutely nowhere.

/tangent:  Why can't we just have an actual constructive conversation over balancing and come to a conclusion as a non-toxic community?  I, for one, have always been embarrassed at just how toxic the cRPG community is(no reference at all to DaveUKR, whom I’ve actually always viewed as a person that generally knows what he’s talking about).  We have a blatant pool of the worst offenders who will never be permanently banned for whatever reason, and they themselves advertise this.  Hopefully when Bannerlord comes out we can aim for a better experience, since we'll have the population to not make all these exceptions.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:43:45 pm by Silveredge »

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2018, 10:25:07 pm »
Pretty shocked at this thread to be honest.  As one of the oldest crossbow players in NA, in my opinion, crossbows are definitely nerfed.  The already poor accuracy is worse, and the crossbows do less damage than before.  Archery is dead accurate in comparison, it doesn't even come close.  It has always been like this, I've compared accuracy many times with some of the top archers, even with Bagge, for EU reference.   And it's pathetic for the crossbow honestly, when you compare shot per shot placement(groupings).  But now it's even worse(I thought it was bad back then).  Overall, this is probably not a bad thing, rather a good thing, maybe it’s a little excessive with the new changes in my opinion.  But a lot of these points are not taken into account by the community.  Another trade off would be, of course, that the crossbow can absolutely choose when to discharge their weapon.  There is quite a lot to take into account.  That’s what the balancing team has to do.

For you people who think (currently) crossbows are anti archer: granted this indeed used to be the case, but is not in the current state of the game.  Yes, if I can headshot an archer without being noticed(this is not a class *thing*, anyone can be “stealth”), I will.  Since the archer clearly out classes me in overall damage output(which isn't a bad thing, since they are a more dedicated range class), I should take him out earlier rather than later.  I'm also surprised that nobody is mentioning the insane damage bows are currently doing.  A bow would NEVER approach the damage it's currently doing to me in the past.  Bows effectively do the same damage as crossbows in terms of shots to kill with the current *possible builds* that are commonly in use now.  And they shoot way faster.  However, this is not a problem?  I’m not sure.  I don't disagree with the changes, but the reaction from the general population is surprising.  Of course, I am holding out on the fact that this may be completely the fault of the armor soak being up in the air right now.  We just have to see.

Balancing should be looked at from all sides of cRPG, from every classes perspective, and finally how they all interact with each other.  The most common reaction posts I see in general are "what this means to me", instead of "what this means for everyone".  I see "you buffed crossbows" when I *personally* would MUCH rather go back to "the way it was", since crossbows were much stronger before...  The mix of character level changes, damage mitigation, stat changes, and speed mechanics have nerfed crossbows quite a bit.  But the community perceives this as a buff...  I for one would be all for reverting all these changes if the community *perceives* it as a buff.....

@DaveUKR, saying someone "forced" you to insult them is pretty extreme...  That’s like saying someone “forced” you to hit them.  While I can see your points, I'm not sure if you necessarily see where Nightingale was going with this.  You should have just pointed out what the, in your opinion, flaws were, what you think should happen, why, what you think could possibly be the reasoning for the changes, and why they may or may not be helpful to the game balance.  And by the way, Nightingale has extensive history as a crossbow player as well.  So even though we may not agree with the changes, it’s not like they were coming from absolutely nowhere.

/tangent:  Why can't we just have an actual constructive conversation over balancing and come to a conclusion as a non-toxic community?  I, for one, have always been embarrassed at just how toxic the cRPG community is(no reference at all to DaveUKR, whom I’ve actually always viewed as a person that generally knows what he’s talking about).  We have a blatant pool of the worst offenders who will never be permanently banned for whatever reason, and they themselves advertise this.  Hopefully when Bannerlord comes out we can aim for a better experience, since we'll have the population to not make all these exceptions.

wtf, NA guys have some memory problems or what?

2 years ago you couldnt kill peasant with arbalest to the body, now you can 1 hit people with 35 armor, its not nerfed  compared to this. I mention it like 10th time but yea, NA masterrace, "lets kill the mod" balancer team did they job well :F

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2018, 10:42:40 pm »
wtf, NA guys have some memory problems or what?

2 years ago you couldnt kill peasant with arbalest to the body, now you can 1 hit people with 35 armor, its not nerfed  compared to this. I mention it like 10th time but yea, NA masterrace, "lets kill the mod" balancer team did they job well :F

What on earth are you on about?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.