Author Topic: New map rotation [NA1]  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Re: New map rotation [NA1]
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 11:11:36 pm »
+2
But they still physically work, cant make people vote what you want but the votes do work. I always hear they are broke here.

I havent heard anything about this, I'll get on when I get home (around 9pm PST) and enable map polls if its an option and we can test it just to see if it is an option to give the playerbase (but not saying necessarily that it is one that will be given)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2018, 11:28:20 pm »
I havent heard anything about this, I'll get on when I get home (around 9pm PST) and enable map polls if its an option and we can test it just to see if it is an option to give the playerbase (but not saying necessarily that it is one that will be given)
Last I heard they were broken here in crpg along with the ingame map upvote downvote thing
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 11:55:01 pm »
+1
Maybe they aren't entirely broken, but just have the same issue the admin panel has where the map names don't correspond to the proper map.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 02:03:44 am »
+6
ADD TO NA ROTATION IMO

(click to show/hide)

this map CAN often result in the merry-go-round occurrence you sometimes see it maps like this, but I think this was a very fun and diverse map that gave every class a chance to do some work without favoring anything particularly.

(click to show/hide)

this size, diversity, and cover in this map is just so fun and it's a classic cRPG map I remember loving. plz return to NA1

(click to show/hide)

also a classic crpg map I feel has a great balance of cover for infantry in the middle while having vantage points for ranged here and there. cavalry has to generally battle on the outside ring but can still be useful in the middle.

(click to show/hide)

i'm not sure if this is the map I remember (the top down images are somewhat deceiving), but if this is the map that has some partial forests on the outskirts, then I remember this map as being extremely fun and somewhat balanced for ranged/melee. plus if it does have some ranged favoritism, we do have the newly lowered shield difficulties that has encouraged more players (including myself) to carry shields.

REMOVE FROM NA ROTATION IMO

(click to show/hide)

this map feels like a genuine clusterfuck since the majority of the melee action takes place on a sloping hill that favors one teams melee and ranged while the cavalry has to try its best to battle it out on the outskirts where it's not really helping anyone.

(click to show/hide)

the huge slopes all over the town are so cancer for melee and cavalry and just let agi throwers kite like nothing else. generally a map i sit in spectate until it's passed

sorry if this is too many maps for one opinion request, but i think it's pretty manageable

ALSO ive been trying to access my mapmaking module to construct some new, fun maps but it always crashed upon loading when being launched with the warband launcher, and doesnt let me enter edit mode when I try to host an edit map on cRPG launcher

« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 02:07:39 am by bensai »

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 02:18:50 am »
+5

(click to show/hide)

the huge slopes all over the town are so cancer for melee and cavalry and just let agi throwers kite like nothing else. generally a map i sit in spectate until it's passed

thats the one, get this shit out of there

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 05:14:02 am »
+3
ADD TO NA ROTATION IMO

(click to show/hide)

That map is an absolute master piece. It's my favorite crpg map by far. Insanely fun to play on for every class which is almost unheard of. Outer rim circuit for cav / anti cav, middle open area for the main battle of infantry and brave ranged as well as cav with different terrains and cav traps (surrounded by vision blocking trees / fence around the courtyard), stairways and scaffolding for less brave ranged and ranged protectors to camp on the side of the cav circuit. It's such a masterful map that really needs to be seen and played on.

▲ ▲

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 05:28:31 am »
That is a very big request. You descripted the maps well, but I expected people just to start off by just giving an opinion on one map at once, along the way. This way, I can easily see what map people dislike. To me though, it sounds a little like you want to remove these maps for your own personal gain because they aren't very suitable for your class. Don't know, they could be worse for NA than EU. This is a very big request, that I might not be able to do anything about just yet. Please give it a chance.

Yeah, I saw that you wanted only one map at a time after I wrote everything out, so apologies for that.

But as for the accusation that I want to remove maps because they would help my class, that's an insulting assumption. I have 16 characters of almost every build save for thrower and horse archer, and I play them in a rotation. I figure most players hate playing on giant hills, in cluttered tunnels, and in knee-deep swamps.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 07:11:47 am »
(click to show/hide)
That map is an absolute master piece. It's my favorite crpg map by far. Insanely fun to play on for every class which is almost unheard of. Outer rim circuit for cav / anti cav, middle open area for the main battle of infantry and brave ranged as well as cav with different terrains and cav traps (surrounded by vision blocking trees / fence around the courtyard), stairways and scaffolding for less brave ranged and ranged protectors to camp on the side of the cav circuit. It's such a masterful map that really needs to be seen and played on.
I agree, it has been a long time since that map has been seen wish it would come back too.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 07:32:37 am »
Where is Fisdnar?

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2018, 04:36:31 pm »
+1
ADD TO NA ROTATION IMO

(click to show/hide)

this map CAN often result in the merry-go-round occurrence you sometimes see it maps like this, but I think this was a very fun and diverse map that gave every class a chance to do some work without favoring anything particularly.

(click to show/hide)

this size, diversity, and cover in this map is just so fun and it's a classic cRPG map I remember loving. plz return to NA1

(click to show/hide)

also a classic crpg map I feel has a great balance of cover for infantry in the middle while having vantage points for ranged here and there. cavalry has to generally battle on the outside ring but can still be useful in the middle.

(click to show/hide)

i'm not sure if this is the map I remember (the top down images are somewhat deceiving), but if this is the map that has some partial forests on the outskirts, then I remember this map as being extremely fun and somewhat balanced for ranged/melee. plus if it does have some ranged favoritism, we do have the newly lowered shield difficulties that has encouraged more players (including myself) to carry shields.

REMOVE FROM NA ROTATION IMO

(click to show/hide)

this map feels like a genuine clusterfuck since the majority of the melee action takes place on a sloping hill that favors one teams melee and ranged while the cavalry has to try its best to battle it out on the outskirts where it's not really helping anyone.

(click to show/hide)

sorry if this is too many maps for one opinion request, but i think it's pretty manageable

ALSO ive been trying to access my mapmaking module to construct some new, fun maps but it always crashed upon loading when being launched with the warband launcher, and doesnt let me enter edit mode when I try to host an edit map on cRPG launcher

Thank you for making such a manageable request.  Daruvians Cage Map is not on the list by default. Give me some time to think about removing Citadel Ruins. Got a lot of stuff to think about right now.

Yeah, I saw that you wanted only one map at a time after I wrote everything out, so apologies for that.

But as for the accusation that I want to remove maps because they would help my class, that's an insulting assumption. I have 16 characters of almost every build save for thrower and horse archer, and I play them in a rotation. I figure most players hate playing on giant hills, in cluttered tunnels, and in knee-deep swamps.

Apology accepted. And sorry for making an insulting assumption, it wasn't my intention. I don't play on NA, so I don't know which classes you play. I will make a vote poll about your requested maps to get removed later, don't have so much time right now.

Offline Davic

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Semenstorm, Medieval Carriage Club
  • Game nicks: Davic, Gayvic, Cavic, Xavic, Maulvic
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 03:30:59 am »
+1
Played a bit on Bay today, I don't think that NA has the population right now to support such a large circular map. Rounds were either quick, if both teams went to the broken bridge, although that section is a nightmare for infantry and a wet dream for ranged, or 1 or 2 players went towards the port/city area and the round dragged out until the flags were capped.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2018, 06:32:25 pm »
Bump
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:54:19 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2018, 09:27:57 pm »
IMO bring in ruined fort and heathland
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.