Author Topic: New map rotation [EU1]  (Read 5944 times)

Offline belda

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Matando guiris, como siempre.
    • View Profile
    • NovaSimulatio
  • Faction: Brigand
  • Game nicks: Otta
  • IRC nick: Steam: Belda
Re: New map rotation [EU1]
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2018, 12:16:25 am »
Take scissors and cut the maps, are very large. The area where the flags appear ... we no longer talk.

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2018, 12:51:20 am »
+2
Take scissors and cut the maps, are very large. The area where the flags appear ... we no longer talk.

I can't work with you if you won't take your time to specifically point out the map(s) you don't like, with reasons. Sure, some may be large, but they're balanced.

The map rotation is and will be under development for the next 2-3 months (maybe?), with weekly changes hopefully. There will not only be removed maps, but also added maps. The whole plan behind making this thread was to over time fine adjust the map rotation with the community.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2018, 09:53:38 am »
+1
copy-pasteruu power hooo! :
It's this beach map here. People don't really seem to be fond of it, especially because the flag spawns aren't really nice
(click to show/hide)

silent sea is similar: although it looks fun at first, the team on the small boats has quite a disadvantage against the team on the big boat, because their ranged barely has any cover and the upper platform can't be taken as easily/at all
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:10:28 am by Ikarus »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2018, 05:41:49 pm »
My thoughts of which maps are good and which are not.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2018, 10:05:12 pm »
+1
Remove like 90% of the maps, dont need so many if they are terrible. I'd be fine with like 5 or 10 maps in a cycle. At the moment there are a lot of maps that are instant quits.

Rule of thumb is no bottle neck maps, no plain open maps, no fork road circle maps. If youve played a map and noticed a lot of circling around, or team just getting scattered and losing eachother then its not a good map.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:08:44 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2018, 10:22:53 pm »
Remove like 90% of the maps, dont need so many if they are terrible. I'd be fine with like 5 or 10 maps in a cycle. At the moment there are a lot of maps that are instant quits.

Rule of thumb is no bottle neck maps, no plain open maps, no fork road circle maps. If youve played a map and noticed a lot of circling around, or team just getting scattered and losing eachother then its not a good map.

90% of the maps? 60% were from the previous rotation, and 40% from the 2010-2012 map rotation. It's actually really boring to play battle with no variety of maps. I agree with the "quality over quantity" statement, but in this case what we needed is some variety and that's the reason why I chose to use my freetime to make this map rotation.

The main issue right now with the maps is that there's too much ranged around and people that choose their own ego over teamplay to flank alone, causing their team to lose.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2018, 11:35:40 pm »
+2
90% of the maps? 60% were from the previous rotation, and 40% from the 2010-2012 map rotation. It's actually really boring to play battle with no variety of maps. I agree with the "quality over quantity" statement, but in this case what we needed is some variety and that's the reason why I chose to use my freetime to make this map rotation.

The main issue right now with the maps is that there's too much ranged around and people that choose their own ego over teamplay to flank alone, causing their team to lose.

If people choose to play certain ways always, then you cant expect them to change. Maps that make such things happen simply dont work due to how people play. I know last mapcycle had a lot of bad maps as well, Im just saying a smaller cycle of solid maps would be consistent. I dont remember anyone complaining about replaying the same map if its good, only if its bad.

Covered crossing, Iron mine, Crop rotation, Dune, Odins tear, Pitfall, Prison riot, Screaming trees, Sea raider lair, Sheltered town, silent sea, Two rivers, Watergate ATS, Battle trouble in the neighborhood & Big sable lighthouse. Those are some i out of experience remember can be just straight out exhaustingly boring. Especially on low population stuff like Iron mine is just a complete pain to struggle through to the end.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2018, 12:25:18 am »
If people choose to play certain ways always, then you cant expect them to change. Maps that make such things happen simply dont work due to how people play. I know last mapcycle had a lot of bad maps as well, Im just saying a smaller cycle of solid maps would be consistent. I dont remember anyone complaining about replaying the same map if its good, only if its bad.

Covered crossing, Iron mine, Crop rotation, Dune, Odins tear, Pitfall, Prison riot, Screaming trees, Sea raider lair, Sheltered town, silent sea, Two rivers, Watergate ATS, Battle trouble in the neighborhood & Big sable lighthouse. Those are some i out of experience remember can be just straight out exhaustingly boring. Especially on low population stuff like Iron mine is just a complete pain to struggle through to the end.

I made a post where I basicly marked all the instant quit maps. Directly over your post.

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2018, 03:23:25 am »
I made a post where I basicly marked all the instant quit maps. Directly over your post.

Sorry to say BlackBird, but everything is not determined by how you want it to be. It's too big of a request, but I heard you.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2018, 02:36:11 pm »
Hell Valley is also terrible, hadnt tried it before and it just now popped up and i had to quit.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2018, 08:25:46 am »
Have you ever considered adding maps from Competitive Map Pack?

Thay are all rather small, which is good as we don't have much players online, not hilly and rather not glitchy. I did check some with their module, some of this are or were already in rotation at some point.
What is the most important they are free to use.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 08:37:10 am by Dalhi »