Author Topic: Am I racist? 2.0  (Read 148681 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Am I racist? 2.0
« Reply #1380 on: May 16, 2018, 03:00:51 pm »
+2
Instantly chucks the poop. Power move.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #1381 on: May 16, 2018, 03:07:51 pm »
+1
Right. I'm surrounded by imbeciles. What did I expect to come from this.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #1382 on: May 16, 2018, 03:08:40 pm »
+3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 16, 2018, 03:28:48 pm »
In addition to these tests, children may also be evaluated to see if they have "exceptional talent" (such as a 3-year-old reading chapter books) and intrinsic motivation.
IQ has been generally found to be one of the most stable psychometric characteristics over the course of a lifetime
The best way to think of IQ is a measure of a person’s intellectual potential. Not what they have learned, not how well they are doing at the moment, but what is their maximum capability.
Several neurophysiological factors have been correlated with intelligence in humans, including the ratio of brain weight to body weight and the size, shape, and activity level of different parts of the brain. Specific features that may affect IQ include the size and shape of the frontal lobes, the amount of blood and chemical activity in the frontal lobes, the total amount of gray matter in the brain, the overall thickness of the cortex, and the glucose metabolic rate.

I bet you all have diabetes
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 16, 2018, 03:37:22 pm »
>IQ has been generally found to be one of the most stable psychometric characteristics over the course of a lifetime

When tested on adults, sperglord, not with a singe test done on a six year old, lmao.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 16, 2018, 03:41:33 pm »
+1

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #1386 on: May 16, 2018, 03:46:11 pm »
Without having a valid IQ at hand, maybe the level of education and what he does for a living might be a good powerlevel indicator.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 16, 2018, 03:48:23 pm »
+1
Golem, self-identification polls tells us something about how people perceive themselves, or wish to be perceived, which can be pretty illuminating for example on questions of identity. There's a margin of error, usually social pressure (for example during the Trump campaign many people dared not admit to voting Trump due to legacy media and public shaming of Trump voters), but it is usually negligible. Even if people poll how they think they are expected to identify it can still be useful (as it says something about biases). In a poll about whether you view yourself as a citizen or the World or the US it can say something about where your loyalties lie, how much you identify with the local culture and your view on things such as nationalism and globalism. The poll Oberyn posted showed that white Americans identify stronger with America than other racial groups in America and that natives identify stronger with America than people born abroad.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 16, 2018, 03:52:17 pm »
Without having a valid IQ at hand, maybe the level of education and what he does for a living might be a good powerlevel indicator.

i'll take it, let's hear it golem, captain of stupidity

Right. I'm surrounded by imbeciles. What did I expect to come from this.

I don't know what you expected, but I expected some coherence even from an idiot like you but you have none of it.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 16, 2018, 03:57:06 pm »
Golem, self-identification polls tells us something about how people perceive themselves, or wish to be perceived, which can be pretty illuminating for example on questions of identity. There's a margin of error, usually social pressure (for example during the Trump campaign many people dared not admit to voting Trump due to legacy media and public shaming of Trump voters), but it is usually negligible. Even if people poll how they think they are expected to identify it can still be useful (as it says something about biases). In a poll about whether you view yourself as a citizen or the World or the US it can say something about where your loyalties lie, how much you identify with the local culture and your view on things such as nationalism and globalism. The poll Oberyn posted showed that white Americans identify stronger with America than other racial groups in America and that natives identify stronger with America than people born abroad.
And all of this is so obvious that it shouldn't have to be explained to anyone above the age of 5.

Ignorance is still fine, but Golem actually pretended to know better ("NUH-UH THAT'S NOT SCIENTIFIC AND NOT DATA AND SELF IDENTIFICATION LOL"), which is the funny thing.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 16, 2018, 04:02:44 pm »

Finally someone can make a coherent sentence.

There's a margin of error, usually social pressure, but it is usually negligible.

I guess I'll have to take your word for it then.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: May 16, 2018, 04:05:44 pm »

Right, because I'm the person who started flinging IQ scores and powerlevels around. I am, without question, now obliged to disclose my indicators to you.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #1392 on: May 16, 2018, 04:25:47 pm »
It was more an attempt to reconcile you with your adversaries in this thread. Because you are probably made of the same parasitic wood. Apart from Angy of cause. He is most likely a real human bean and that's what kind of scares me.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 16, 2018, 04:58:14 pm »
I guess I'll have to take your word for it then.

The quality largely depending on how the polling is conducted, polling is not supposed to be an exact science but can be useful for reasonable approximations, probabilities and tendencies. Especially if a number of polls get similar results from different samples.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 16, 2018, 05:17:40 pm »
Great. Now that we've stated the obvious, let's see some practical uses, of knowing as a reasonable approximation, that so and so are inclined this or this much to poll as a US citizen vs a citizen of the world. Or I guess we are just polling for fun. C'mon then, use the data. Make a prediction. Let's come back to it.