Author Topic: Am I racist? 2.0  (Read 148706 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Am I racist? 2.0
« Reply #945 on: April 21, 2018, 06:53:35 pm »
+2
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/21/us/beyonce-lamar-unapologetically-black/index.html''

(CNN)Tonja Renée Stidhum was working at a law office one day when she found herself facing an agonizing choice.

A container of hot, crispy Popeyes chicken stood untouched in front of her. Around her were cubicles and hallways filled with white office workers. Stidhum had just purchased the chicken and was about to dig in when a question popped into her head:

What will all of these white folks think when they see this black woman chomping away merrily on a fried chicken leg in a classy corporate establishment?

Stidhum was so vexed that she quickly called a friend for moral guidance. They both decided she couldn't allow her desire to appease white people to shape her actions. She had to be what Stidhum calls "unapologetically black."

Stidhum started chomping away.

"There's this sense that we have to placate what white America believes is an appropriate way to be black," says Stidhum, a writer and director who wrote about her Popeyes-induced panic in a playful essay on transcending racial stereotypes. "But it's not white America's right to dictate to us what is appropriate blackness."

My god, the difficulties these poor people go through every day.

Fighting imagined racism that only exists in their head must be a VERY tough deal.

I wonder what being "unapologetically white" would entail, and whether that, too, would be celebrated by CNN.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 21, 2018, 06:59:04 pm »
Nevermind, it's clarified later in the article that "unapolegetically white" is awful and bad. I'm shocked and surprised.

So, too, was the election of what Stidhum calls an "unapologetically white" president such as Donald Trump.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 21, 2018, 07:25:15 pm »
+1
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/21/us/beyonce-lamar-unapologetically-black/index.html''

My god, the difficulties these poor people go through every day.

Fighting imagined racism that only exists in their head must be a VERY tough deal.

I wonder what being "unapologetically white" would entail, and whether that, too, would be celebrated by CNN.

What the fuck kind of twilight zone shit even is this whole article?

Also when I was a kid I though Beyonce was just a tanned caucasian. Kinda like Ariana Grande, who by now is even blacker then Beyonce, despite being white lol.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #948 on: April 21, 2018, 07:51:40 pm »
You should research university grants and programs for your mullato child, future is looking real bright for them, by mere virtue of their skin color he/she can expect a lot of gibs and institutional favoritism.

but in the future everyone will be beige so it's a giant pool of people going for that scholarship...

maybe I should have maintained the white race in my bloodline so my spawn could get white minority scholarships in the future???

I forgot to save my file before I had a kid. Do I have to restart from the beginning or can I restore from an earlier save?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #949 on: April 21, 2018, 08:07:59 pm »
+2
my child is brown

You say you read the first thread which I created, and I wrote there that my sister has a brown kid as well, so I somewhat have sympathy for your situation. She goes into defcon 5 when politics show up, so it is especially hard for people with minorities close to them to in return show sympathy for our arguments. Ironically, her politics put her child in a much worse position than my "fascist" ways of preserving the majority population white.

Here's a rhetorical question for you, what do you think will happen when the U.S white population really starts to drop?

(click to show/hide)

Will your kid be better off in a truly multicultural society? Will the country and society prosper?

The reason I want to keep sweden swedish is because I know my nephew will live a miserable live if it doesn't.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #950 on: April 21, 2018, 08:09:46 pm »
(CNN)Tonja Renée Stidhum was working at a law office one day when she found herself facing an agonizing choice.

A container of hot, crispy Popeyes chicken stood untouched in front of her.

That's as far as I got before I laughed. Is this news or a comedy sketch...

It reminded me though, of a good book.

It's very humorous, and good leisure read. But you'll learn stuff from reading it too. As an avid nonfiction reader, it's a highly recommended book that's informative but not at all dry and boring. It's good.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 21, 2018, 08:23:13 pm »
You say you read the first thread which I created, and I wrote there that my sister has a brown kid as well, so I somewhat have sympathy for your situation. She goes into defcon 5 when politics show up, so it is especially hard for people with minorities close to them to in return show sympathy for our arguments. Ironically, her politics put her child in a much worse position than my "fascist" ways of preserving the majority population white.

Here's a rhetorical question for you, what do you think will happen when the U.S white population really starts to drop?

(click to show/hide)

Will your kid be better off in a truly multicultural society? Will the country and society prosper?

The reason I want to keep sweden swedish is because I know my nephew will live a miserable live if it doesn't.

That thread really put me in your shoes, and before that I just kind of handwaved away "immigrants are ruining ARE COUNTRY" as the same bullshit American racists say here. I get your stance, Sweden has been SWEDEN longer than my country has existed, by far. And on top of that, one of the founding principles of my country is that all are welcome, all are equal. That's something that got drilled into my head as a little kid every year in school.

America is a nation of immigrants, we have no history to preserve based on race. We are the god damn melting pot. You aren't. It's something that never even crossed my mind before, I don't know anyone from Europe IRL personally enough to discuss stuff like this. I think that America should welcome all who seek refuge (unless we reach the point of famine and riots etc), and to say that immigrants should have an easier time getting in here and be treated fairly and equally regardless of their race and origin. That's our thing. In the past, white immigrants (Irish and Italian) faced the same prejudice. That goes against the founding ideals of our nation and should never happen.

You're not America though. I don't think you're a nasty guy for wanting to keep your country as it is. It's none of my business. You're much like me, a white first world "privileged" etc. person and country on paper, but your stance on immigrants is fundamentally different and totally justified.

This thread has been full of trash, memes, and posting one-up-man-ship, but the original thread got me to think about your situation in a way I wouldn't normally consider, the topic would not have even crossed my mind unless you posted it. Thanks for posting it dude. :)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #952 on: April 21, 2018, 08:39:30 pm »
Sweden abolished slavery/serfdom in the 14th century, then there was a black plague and population declined. Then Sweden became an Empire all of a sudden, not too long before USA became a thing. I'm pretty sure Sweden is the same melting pot as any other place on Earth that's moderately habitable. The difference is only scale, recency, type.
And even before all that there was a large influx of people from Russia, not to mention "viking" raids, which often brought back people of vastly different cultures.
There's probably a point to be made for airplanes vs boats, but the principle remains the same - there's the pot that's boiling hot and full of colorful stuff(you don't want to drink that), there's the pot that's cold and a dried up sludge of stuff(you could probably eat that), there's the pot that's just plain water with some grass(won't make much difference if you do), there's the pot with lukewarm fluids and a nice assortment of food. The principle being, that no matter the size, the stage, the placement of the pot, you'll have to go through all of these stages before you can eat, clean the pot and get some new stuff to put it in.

So I think that whether or not a country is a melting pot or not is irrelevant.
What is relevant is
 is the pot being cleaned, is there always more stuff to put in it, how high tech is the pot and do
we even have a fire going?

But most importantly Who's eating from the pot?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 21, 2018, 08:49:44 pm »
+2
I'm pretty sure Sweden is the same melting pot as any other place on Earth that's moderately habitable. The difference is only scale, recency, type.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 21, 2018, 08:50:40 pm »

Have you ever heard of The Worm That Walks?

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #955 on: April 21, 2018, 08:54:44 pm »
The strength of Sweden's diversity lies in the sami.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 21, 2018, 09:01:15 pm »
The strength of Sweden's diversity lies in the sami.

In the show Welcome to Sweden, one of the characters refers to them as "Sweden's little indians" or something like that. Is it true? Are they second-class citizens like indians in America?

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 21, 2018, 09:02:38 pm »
+1

Have you seen the movie?

Have you ever heard of The Worm That Walks?

Now I have.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 21, 2018, 09:03:54 pm »
In the show Welcome to Sweden, one of the characters refers to them as "Sweden's little indians" or something like that. Is it true? Are they second-class citizens like indians in America?

Based on this picture, no.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #959 on: April 21, 2018, 09:24:01 pm »
+2
Sweden abolished slavery/serfdom in the 14th century, then there was a black plague and population declined. Then Sweden became an Empire all of a sudden, not too long before USA became a thing.

The history of Sweden comes from its people, primarily the two very close ethnic groups svear and götar.
(click to show/hide)
There has been some influx like the finns and walloons, but ultimately, there has been no "melting pot" that has built this nations on hardships and struggles. But maybe I'm misunderstanding your point.

I'm pretty sure Sweden is the same melting pot as any other place on Earth that's moderately habitable. The difference is only scale, recency, type.

"Only". That difference makes everything, Sweden is not a melting pot.

And even before all that there was a large influx of people from Russia, not to mention "viking" raids, which often brought back people of vastly different cultures.

Feel free to post any links about influxes to Sweden from Russia, I've genuinely never heard about that. There were many swedes who went to the east, of course, but not the other way around. Yes, vikings took slaves, sorry, but I'm really struggling to find your point. Should we accept hundreds of thousands of somalians enter our country every year because Harald brought back a dozen of russian women in 850AD?

There's probably a point to be made for airplanes vs boats, but the principle remains the same - there's the pot that's boiling hot and full of colorful stuff(you don't want to drink that), there's the pot that's cold and a dried up sludge of stuff(you could probably eat that), there's the pot that's just plain water with some grass(won't make much difference if you do), there's the pot with lukewarm fluids and a nice assortment of food. The principle being, that no matter the size, the stage, the placement of the pot, you'll have to go through all of these stages before you can eat, clean the pot and get some new stuff to put it in.

So I think that whether or not a country is a melting pot or not is irrelevant.
What is relevant is
 is the pot being cleaned, is there always more stuff to put in it, how high tech is the pot and do
we even have a fire going?

I'm not going to decipher this.

That thread really put me in your shoes, and before that I just kind of handwaved away "immigrants are ruining ARE COUNTRY" as the same bullshit American racists say here. I get your stance, Sweden has been SWEDEN longer than my country has existed, by far. And on top of that, one of the founding principles of my country is that all are welcome, all are equal. That's something that got drilled into my head as a little kid every year in school.

America is a nation of immigrants, we have no history to preserve based on race. We are the god damn melting pot. You aren't. It's something that never even crossed my mind before, I don't know anyone from Europe IRL personally enough to discuss stuff like this. I think that America should welcome all who seek refuge (unless we reach the point of famine and riots etc), and to say that immigrants should have an easier time getting in here and be treated fairly and equally regardless of their race and origin. That's our thing. In the past, white immigrants (Irish and Italian) faced the same prejudice. That goes against the founding ideals of our nation and should never happen.

You're not America though. I don't think you're a nasty guy for wanting to keep your country as it is. It's none of my business. You're much like me, a white first world "privileged" etc. person and country on paper, but your stance on immigrants is fundamentally different and totally justified.

This thread has been full of trash, memes, and posting one-up-man-ship, but the original thread got me to think about your situation in a way I wouldn't normally consider, the topic would not have even crossed my mind unless you posted it. Thanks for posting it dude. :)

You seem like a really cool dude and I wish you and your family the best. I hope I'm wrong, and if we can't reverse what's happening, I truly hope your multicultural society will end with gold at the end of the rainbow.

I'm glad you can see where I'm coming from, I don't imagine Oberyn being much different from me, so don't judge him too harshly when he tells you to kill yourself.

Not at all, but if a sami builds a kåpa (hut) without building permits, she will be at the mercy of evil swedish government that will tear it down. This happened a few days ago, SJWs went crazy of course. Lol, you think swedes has the gut to oppress anyone?

edit:

I truly hope your multicultural society will end with gold at the end of the rainbow.

lol it wont tho
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:28:46 pm by Bittersteel »