Author Topic: Am I racist? 2.0  (Read 148681 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Am I racist? 2.0
« Reply #780 on: April 12, 2018, 04:28:34 pm »
the context for that post was I could understand a university or workplace wanting to foster a certain environment. We all have to obey certain codes of conduct.

All Lindsay Shepherd did was show a clip in a class she taught from that Jordan Peterson vs gender studies professor debate I linked.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #781 on: April 12, 2018, 04:41:14 pm »
multiple personallity disorder. very troubled guy

Welp gonna have to agree with Paul for once. Guess it's that centrist magic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #782 on: April 12, 2018, 05:07:43 pm »
wow you discriminative fuck, what's next, drowning lil puppies? #otakulivesmatter

Damn right I'm discriminative. Probably cuz I'm a racist (2.0)! Racist against weabs, yeah.

TFW you try and just reply with some sort of anti-weab gif, but all the anti-weab gifs are weab gifs.  :evil:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 12, 2018, 05:10:42 pm »
+2
My country is going right, simply to get some AFD voters back. So you can say mission accomplished, at least partly.

A shame modern establishment 'right wing' philosophy is basically the left of the 80s and what is considered 'far right' or the very popular in German media 'extreme right' is basically how the world has looked for centuries, the political systems under which was built the succesful modern nation states, made possible the industrial revolution, lifted the entire globe through western science, medicine and technology and created the most stable, secure and prosperous places to live in human history.

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 12, 2018, 05:22:22 pm »
+3
On that point, an article written by the German Commissioner for Immigration, Refugees and Integration, Aydan Özoğuz. A Turk who clearly does what she can for her in-group (which isn't ethnic German).

https://causa.tagesspiegel.de/gesellschaft/wie-nuetzlich-ist-eine-leitkultur-debatte/leitkultur-verkommt-zum-klischee-des-deutschseins.html

If you don't read German I recommend running this through a translator. She is arguing that a 'guiding culture/leading culture' doesn't exist in Germany and thus immigrants shouldn't be expected to assimilate and diversity is our strength and the usual euphemisms for fewer ethnic Europeans. I'm just glad to be living in a country where a woman with such politics would never have become a minister, let alone minister of 'Immigration, Refugees and Integration'.

A few headlines:

Concrete 'leading culture' proposals degenerate into ridiculous clichés about being German

Cultural diversity may be exhausting, but it is the strength of the nation

One can not impose on immigrants to adjust to a majority culture

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:57:00 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 12, 2018, 05:37:00 pm »
+1
Or this article by Dimitris Avramopoulos the European commissioner for migration, home affairs and citizenship: 'Europe's migrants are here to stay': https://www.politico.eu/article/europe-migration-migrants-are-here-to-stay-refugee-crisis/

Nothing has changed among the EU leadership at least, the Zeitgeist and catastrophical consequences having completely gone over their heads.

It’s time to face the truth. We cannot and will never be able to stop migration.

Unfortunately, the recent discourse on migration — influenced by rising nationalism, populism and xenophobia — has limited our opportunities to put in place smart, forward-looking migration policies, at both the national and European levels.

It is foolish to think that migration will disappear if one adopts harsh language. It is naïve to think that our societies will remain homogenous and migration-free if one erects fences. It is unwise to think that migration will remain on the other side of the Mediterranean, if one only shows solidarity in financial terms.

We must start to be honest with those citizens who are concerned about how we will manage migration. We may not be able to stop migration. But we can be better, smarter and more proactive at managing this phenomenon. However, we cannot achieve this if we don’t accept a change in attitude and a change in our narrative.

The EU has granted protection to more than 700,000 people last year. They have found safety in Europe, but we also need to make sure they find a home. This is not only a moral imperative. It is also an economic and social imperative for our aging continent — and one of the biggest challenges for the near future.

At the end of the day, we all need to be ready to accept migration, mobility and diversity as the new norm and tailor our policies accordingly.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #786 on: April 12, 2018, 07:52:44 pm »
+3
Not going to argue politics on this specific subject, but I don't mind telling you my own personal perspective. If just for a little understanding between our two viewpoints.

I don't know about all that with it being a social sickness, I'm involved in leftist activists groups and there's always a few in each, and they're just kind of messed up kids looking for people to treat them with basic human decency. Personally I'm more of the sort that doesn't care about people present themselves, I admire people who deviate from the stuffy, conservative norm. They're kind of allies in the overall culture war in America. Although I respect trans people, I will concede things like genderqueer and the like can be problematic, like act as effiminate as you want dude, but I'm not going to read gender theory to understand you beyond that.

And its funny, because most of what you say I feel about a lot of things that come out of the right these days.
See, while you admire people who "deviate from the stuffy, conservative norm" I view them as deviants. They're most certainly your allies in an overall culture war, and it's because they represent a kind of advanced degeneracy (so much that even you would call them "problematic" sometimes) that
1. they attract heightened media focus from your other allies (who also view them as such)
2. people like me will attack them
and those two things then perpetuate each other. People like me will attack the chosen avatar of degenerate culture, in turn leading to more perceived need for advocacy groups and media exposure, causing more controversy, and it becomes another self-fulfilling prophecy. That's what I was getting at in my first post; for the exact reasons you give for your own personal perspective regarding these "messed up kids," I hold my own perspective drawing the opposite conclusion. What is your ally is my enemy. I don't care if they're "just messed up kids" or whatever else, I will never view the enabling of persons choosing to define themselves solely by their preferred method of non-procreative intercourse as a fast-track to human dignity. Quite the opposite actually, I think it's absurd and that they lower themselves by peddling those ridiculous notions. By doing so they contribute to societal decay (they are your allies in deviance, as you said), and therefore society would be right to discourage them.

I hope that offers some clarity regarding why someone like me might get up in arms about something that I agree is quite frivolous.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 12, 2018, 08:11:04 pm »
A friend of mine used to know a girl who taught psychology at a university in California while writing her PhD thesis and every morning she was presented with an official list of what 'gender pronouns' to use with which students. Students of course being free to change them every day if they so pleased.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:29:56 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #788 on: April 12, 2018, 08:33:17 pm »
I am officially racist
(click to show/hide)
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #789 on: April 12, 2018, 08:58:48 pm »
On that point, an article written by the German Commissioner for Immigration, Refugees and Integration, Aydan Özoğuz. A Turk who clearly does what she can for her in-group (which isn't ethnic German).

https://causa.tagesspiegel.de/gesellschaft/wie-nuetzlich-ist-eine-leitkultur-debatte/leitkultur-verkommt-zum-klischee-des-deutschseins.html

If you don't read German I recommend running this through a translator. She is arguing that a 'guiding culture/leading culture' doesn't exist in Germany and thus immigrants shouldn't be expected to assimilate and diversity is our strength and the usual euphemisms for fewer ethnic Europeans. I'm just glad to be living in a country where a woman with such politics would never have become a minister, let alone minister of 'Immigration, Refugees and Integration'.

A few headlines:

replaced by a catholic girl from the CDU

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 12, 2018, 09:27:19 pm »
So what you're saying is we need to pinpoint undesirable genes and traits and instead of "indirect genocide" to further a culture and species we need to commit minority report style direct genocide? That's kind of difficult since non-violence and laws without violent punishment proliferated, developed and furthered western ideals that would be against this notion now.

Yes, that appears to be the cyclic nature of these things. A Spenglerian decline of civilization; from birth to maturity to decay.

'History is only the pattern of silken slippers descending the stairs to the thunder of hobnailed boots climbing upward from below'. -Voltaire
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 09:33:48 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 12, 2018, 09:34:11 pm »
replaced by a catholic girl from the CDU

Yes, I see Annette Widmann-Mauz took over last month. Not sure if this is good news.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #792 on: April 12, 2018, 10:23:16 pm »
Aydan Özoğuz

As her name clearly implies: the only way to treat her is "zguza". I'd gladly explain it to you but since Norwegians are apparently of Serbian origin as well (source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg49Okc2VbI) I'm sure you can figure it out.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #793 on: April 12, 2018, 10:30:47 pm »
since Norwegians are apparently of Serbian origin as well

*Triggered*

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 12, 2018, 11:47:35 pm »
If the Mongols hadn't turned back because their khan died then none of this would be an issue. Europe would be a glorious khanate and SJWs wouldn't exist.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.