• View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Re: Stones
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2018, 10:26:02 am »
+3
Does anyone know exactly what the numbers are?

Old Stones values vs new.

I've skimmed through a lot of Stones QQ and it's amazing that I havent come across a post that actually talks about the numbers? What kinda nerf we talking?

old stones were 15b, current is 8 blunt. But there's large stones now that do 14 blunt so there is no reason to complain anymore
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2018, 10:46:05 am »
+2
Still not fair, now my max ammo is 32, I want 48 stones how can I spam scrublords with only 32 stones ?
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2018, 10:57:24 am »
Well... whatever reason there was to complain before about stones doing too much damage with certain builds, the thing that prompted the nerf in the first place, is still very much a thing right? Since the net result is that there is a new weaker version of stones, but the old stones still exist.

I don't know why he added in the new ones, only that he did. The new ones have less ammo and weigh more and have 1 less damage so... There's that?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2018, 11:45:57 am »
I'm getting the feeling that people aren't mad because stones got nerfed
but because why archery wasn't nerfed (and xbow further nerfed) instead

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2018, 01:27:59 pm »
Arb did receive an accuracy debuff again but it's my opinion this nerf is a bit too hard. (I already tried 92 acc and decided it just wasn't enough and upped it to 93.)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2018, 01:33:24 pm »
+2
Actually stones are excellent anti archer weapon. Buff them to 20 blunt and witness how both archers and their armored twohanded brethren squeal like little pigs.

There was a time, long ago, when both archers and plated bundle of stickss were OP. So developers/balancers decided to buff throwers to the point where throwing was only viable  profession for about a month. You could be the worst thrower possible and still kill anyone who wasn't a thrower with such easy. It was fun being a thrower back then.

Alas, now, throwing is basically worthless
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 220
  • Infamy: 2960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2018, 05:40:06 pm »
+2
Pfff, trying different builds? That's not fun man, let me tell you what fun is......playing the same 2 hand build with exact same gear for 7 years, this is how you are "meant" to play the game. Don't forget you need to cry about every other class too for maximum pleasure.

Vaegir Mask
Kuyak
Plate gloves
DGS
Plate greaves

Wait did throwing get nerfed because of how it performs in comparison to archery? :thinking:

OP stones are equally hated by both archers and full plate monsters. Hated by archers because they have an ability to stun lock archers so stats other than damage  were nerfed, and plated because stones do blunt damage which hurts full plate monsters a lot so stone damage was nerfed.

Considering the fact and archers and twohanded freaks are historically strongest cRPG lobbyists, no wonder throwing, particularly stones was hit with strongest nerf hammers. And as you can see in this thread, those who cry the most about stones are indeed archers and two-ha heroes.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 05:49:23 pm by Leshma »

Offline belda

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Matando guiris, como siempre.
    • View Profile
    • NovaSimulatio
  • Faction: Brigand
  • Game nicks: Otta
  • IRC nick: Steam: Belda
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2018, 06:21:50 pm »
I've put it in the other thread. If you fail throwing a stone, it disappears, you can not pick it up, what you can do is take arrows from the ground being an archer or crossbowman, or any other thrower class.

As they weigh too much you need a lot of agility. That makes you have little strength, no strength, you can not put on a suit of armor. Archers kill you with an arrow. Currently with my build I would do more damage with a hunting crossbow, forgetting the stones forever.

Prof I want a exchange, You stay with the stones and you give me 3 loom points. Character: Astorga

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2018, 06:44:06 pm »
+8
Just so we're clear on this, they're fucking stones. You all are complaining about stones. Literally the cheapest most pathetic throwing weapon in the mod that somehow, prior to this patch with your shitlord stone throwing no-talent asshole delaying builds, did major damage to everyone. Now they do damage to only the lowliest peasant, as they should, because they're fucking stones. STONES.

Also someone compared the most expensive bow with bodkin arrows in game to daggers, one of the cheapest throwing weapons. For real???? FOR REAL??? That's like complaining about your naked body not giving you as much protection as plate armor.

You guys are worse than archers or two handed hero's at this point.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 06:48:38 pm by Bronto »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2018, 06:54:56 pm »
I have never delayed with my build, and I also don't hide in dark corners or on hard to access high spots pew pewing or hide behind hard to kill plate armor.

Might as well be playing native then if people are going to get upset over others not using some standardized build.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:05:54 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2018, 08:19:46 pm »
+2
lol what pad my kd? Are you serious or high? I played rock thrower because I found it fun, not that I got some sort of kd which I dont have nor ever had. I switched to daggers before rocks were nerfed. I am really sry that I killed you  at times in the past probably most likely due to luck and you just couldnt/cant handle it because you are on some epeen trip. I could not care less that you can beat me at video games.

Oh and I have less agility now with my daggers than I had when I used rocks. When I used rocks I had 33 agility 11 ath and 4 pt, now I use daggers with 30 agility 10 ath and still 4 pt so I didnt switch to daggers because i could get more agility.

Also my stupid broken class gets valor so I dont really see it as broken regardless of what happens to rocks.

LMAO
you think it's LUCK that a weapon that costs 2 gold, has 0 power throw requirement, is literally a fucking ROCK, has 12 ammo per stack, and takes 0 slots, is able to actually deal considerable damage to someone wearing full plate armor that costs like 50k gold? give me a fucking break bro. not only that, but you ONLY HAD 4 POWER THROW. you had 11 FUCKING ATHLETICS, which is enough to outrun pretty much everything except for pure agility builds, which are a fucking joke. i honestly don't know why you're bothering trying to defend this ridiculous bullshit. it makes 0 fucking sense, and the nerf was more than deserved.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2018, 08:36:19 pm »
+1
Ok I was able to figure out how to get my gkmod working again as the last warband patch reset it back to vanilla. So rocks there weigh 4lbs a bag so the increase of weight here to 3.6 from 2.5 is on par with them but the ammo count is 18 and dmg is 11 blunt with a speed rating of 97(same as here) but theres no missile speed which I guess native doesnt use because none of the arrows there have missile speed either just the speed rating on the bow.

Oh and Morris why bother playing crpg if you just want to face standardized builds? Wouldnt it make more sense to play native which is just standardized builds? Also screw you, you were an asshole to me long before I ever played a running agility thrower, so blow it out your ass.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2018, 08:45:12 pm »
+1
as a high str high pt stone thrower from eu plz just banish these NA scum! i cant run away so erm leave me be!
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2018, 10:24:39 pm »
+3
Oh and Morris why bother playing crpg if you just want to face standardized builds? Wouldnt it make more sense to play native which is just standardized builds? Also screw you, you were an asshole to me long before I ever played a running agility thrower, so blow it out your ass.

are you saying that you should be able to spend 2 gold to be able to easily kill a fully-plated player with a strength build while you dance around him with 11 athletics? just for the sake of having a "unique & fun build?" are you ACTUALLY serious? are you thinking this out or are you just trying to defend it because YOU play it? also, how does me being an asshole to you before negate EVERYTHING i've said about stones being overpowered as fuck and the nerf to them being a good thing? where the fuck is your brain at bro? just because someone's mean to you doesn't make what they're saying wrong. literally LMAOing at your pathetic attempt to defend yourself.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2018, 10:37:05 pm »
+2
PENDULUM