Author Topic: Am I racist?  (Read 42874 times)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Am I racist?
« on: August 16, 2017, 09:36:50 pm »
+8
I've never really considered myself racist, I've been called racist/chocolate chip cookie by leftists for opposing mass-immigration but have felt secure in the fact that I haven't believed I was racist.

A few days ago I was at a water/amusement park with my friends, we were shocked when we got there because literally 60% or something of the people there were MENA immigrants, most were somalis. I felt disgusted. This is a SWEDISH amusement park, with 1/3 of the park being rides for adults, 1/3 for kids and 1/3 a section filled with pools and water rides. There were somalis bathing with hijabs on, I mostly heard languages other then swedish etc, it felt much different from the many times when I was there as a young kid with my family.

I don't want it to be like this. I'm alright with some immigrants, maybe 5%. I want mostly ethnic swedes everywhere, I want to hear only the swedish language, happy families where no woman, mother or daughter is wearing a hijab. I slowly grow more resenting as I feel more and more like an oddity because of my skin color, the people around me are not the children of the people who built and fought for this country for centuries.

And I hate them. I don't want to, but I'm starting to. But I don't hate friends of mine whom are immigrants, I don't hate my sisters kid who is black (even though I think it is wrong, but mostly idgaf). But you can still be racist despite liking some black people. But it doesn't feel like I hate them for having a different skin color. I hate them because there's to many of them in a country that belongs to ethnic swedes.

So am I racist?

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
Re: Am I racist?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 09:39:59 pm »
+4
Every single human being is racist. Behavior over feelings.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 09:45:03 pm »
What a boring and simplistic statement. Prejudice isn't racism.

But I agree, behavior over feelings, I would never act in a discriminatory manner.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 10:01:29 pm »
Being a Norwegian I take frequent trips to Sweden, mostly to buy food, tech and other stuff that is cheaper by 30% than the same wares I find in Norway, thank you Sweden. I usually drive to the shopping center that is located pretty close to the border, "Norways biggest shopping mall located in Sweden" called Nordby. Since I was a kid my parents have taken me there and as an adult I've traveled there myself at least twice a year, every time I visit I see more and more shitskins and asians being about, not even as the workforce themselves which used to consist mainly of Norwegians and a few Swedes, as far as I can tell they were all swedish accepted economic migrants, and this is close to the border, seems like they have spread everywhere. The closest settlement to Norby has as one of the first shops a store with arabic letters first, don't think I even saw it displayed in Swedish to tell you what kind of store it was. I hope by the next election Sweden fix their shit and kick out all the leeching parasites and remove their retarded feminist government that even went to arabic countries and covered their hair lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 10:37:37 pm »
+2
A good Swedish friend of mine just signed onto this, which I am told is an up and coming political party. Insofar as Google Translate is doing right by me, and as far as I know my friend, they may be of interest to you.

Simply perceiving difference does not equate to racism. Especially when that difference is primarily cultural. I'm sure you'd get along plenty well with a black person who was culturally Swedish, who subscribes to Swedish social mores and attitudes. A monocultural multiracial society is desirable and there is nothing racist about that.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline dagu807

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 10:44:09 pm »
+2
>is disgusted by africans
>asks if he is racist on a mongolian martial arts circlejerk yurt community
yea sorry for using meme arrows

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 10:53:55 pm »
nm
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 11:08:45 pm »
A good Swedish friend of mine just signed onto this, which I am told is an up and coming political party. Insofar as Google Translate is doing right by me, and as far as I know my friend, they may be of interest to you.

I thought about voting for them but am afraid my vote may be of waste since the chances of them getting into the parliament are very slim. They're basically the true conservative party since all other conservative/right-liberal parties have let the leftists in charge of the country because they don't want to work together with the "racist" nationalist party.

Simply perceiving difference does not equate to racism. Especially when that difference is primarily cultural. I'm sure you'd get along plenty well with a black person who was culturally Swedish, who subscribes to Swedish social mores and attitudes. A monocultural multiracial society is desirable and there is nothing racist about that.

I get along with anyone who has western values so the problem doesn't lie specifically with skin color I think.

I think what you're voicing is civic nationalism. I might be interpreting what you're saying wrong, but a "multiracial" society isn't something I approve of in the extremes. Like I wrote earlier, I'm fine with 5-15% being non-ethnic swedes, but I wouldn't be fine with a majority of the people in Sweden being black just because they speak swedish and act swedish. That wouldn't be Sweden for me.

Offline dagu807

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 11:20:23 pm »
Get rid of your joke of a gov for once

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 11:24:02 pm »
+3
1- Are you white?

If yes, you are automatically a racist and carry the original sin of white supremacy and priviledge.

If no, you cannot be racist, because racism is an institutional and systemic organism that can only be employed by the priviledged. In a majority white country, literally all non-whites are powerless, and literally all whites have this institutional priviledge and power over them. Priviledge+power = racism. A minority can be filled with prejudice, hate and loathing for another race, especially white people because they deserve it so much, but they can never be racist, Q.E.D.

I'm glad we could settle this according to the accepted nomenclature of academics in the social "sciences".

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 11:40:40 pm »
I think what you're voicing is civic nationalism. I might be interpreting what you're saying wrong, but a "multiracial" society isn't something I approve of in the extremes. Like I wrote earlier, I'm fine with 5-15% being non-ethnic swedes, but I wouldn't be fine with a majority of the people in Sweden being black just because they speak swedish and act swedish. That wouldn't be Sweden for me.
Ah yes, see, I'm speaking from an American perspective. America is a product of philosophy, whereas European nations are products of history. I entirely understand that Europeans may want to maintain some kind of make believe racial state thing, fine by me. The American ideal can apply to all of humanity, so that's why I said that.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 11:44:37 pm »
Not liking immigration isn't racist, not liking immigration because of a persons skin colour or race would, by the majority of people, be considered racism.

I'm in agreement, mass immigration is bad for any community as it can be overwhelming and cause side effects, like people feeling like they're losing their own country. The whole point of immigration in my eyes is to assimilate said people into our community, and as such, it should be done over time, not in mass flocks.

Put it this way, if you have a large group of friends you've always known and you put them in a room with a group of strangers, and are then told to approach a group, who do you think they will approach? Their friends obviously. Putting the not quite so perfect analogy aside, my point is that, if you put a massive group if immigrants into the country, they're not going to try and join the community, they'll stick with people that were/are a part of their community already. If people don't mix and bond it then gives an us vs them persona, especially when there are people in countries that ARE racist towards people. With the media running around screaming "ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST" it can easily put negative thoughts into people who entered this country to escape whatever bad state theirs is in or even just because they fancied a change.

In my opinion, if you put a small group into the community, over time they'll start getting used to the community, talking with them etc etc. and before you know it, they've just become a part of daily life in that country.

(In these examples I'm talking about your RUN OF THE MILL person, I'm putting aside the people who enter the country to promote extremism or are here under some other kind of motive.)

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 12:04:07 am »
Ah yes, see, I'm speaking from an American perspective. America is a product of philosophy, whereas European nations are products of history. I entirely understand that Europeans may want to maintain some kind of make believe racial state thing, fine by me. The American ideal can apply to all of humanity, so that's why I said that.

Would you consider that racist? And would you be bothered if whites were a small minority in the U.S?

I know blacks have been a big minority since the foundation so it's not the same.

(click to show/hide)

You're right. We could easily, if done properly, integrate 10 million non-whites within the next century in Sweden. But Sweden would lose its identity. It wouldn't be Sweden. It would just be a well functioning country.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 12:07:29 am »
+1
It would just be a well functioning country.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 12:51:10 am »
+3

Of course, she was forced to resign from her position as shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities (let's just ignore the fucking orwellian quality of that title). Oh my, calling out specifically pakistani men as opposed to the generic "asian"? This cannot be countenanced! And mentioning that the vast majority of the victims were white underage girls? Outrageous! It is known that minorities cannot ever be harmful to white people, or at least just in ways so minor they pale (lol) in comparison to what they suffer under white supremacy. I can see why Corbyn had to get rid of this vicious chocolate chip cookie immediately.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-40952224