Author Topic: what to actually play  (Read 6855 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: what to actually play
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2017, 08:49:18 am »
+1
oh THOSE crates lol, thought you meant in-match crates

Yeah the cosmetic rewards are kinda bland right now. They said they'll focus on skins and cosmetics post release and I give them respect for doing that, put out a polished game first.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2017, 04:23:35 pm »
:?

CPU and the 8 gigs may be what is holding you back. Altho I gotta ask why you have a gtx1060 but only 8 gigs.
Which game even uses more than 8 gigs of RAM? PUBG certainly doesn't. Uses about 4-5 gigs for me.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2017, 10:37:10 pm »
:?

CPU and the 8 gigs may be what is holding you back. Altho I gotta ask why you have a gtx1060 but only 8 gigs.

CPU is a Intel Core i7-3770K, so I should be fine
and are more than 8 gigs currently really necessary?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2017, 11:38:48 pm »
+1

Not in today's day and age, unless you plan on running multiple games at once. However, the quality of those 8 gigs matters more so than their quantity. Any idea what the rams clock speed and latency is?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2017, 12:56:40 am »
+1
I had RX 480 (almost identical benchmarks with 1060) and i7-3770K and ran the game just fine, averaging maybe 90 FPS and getting 110+ indoors and in some areas. Is your 3770 overclocked?

And no, you don't need more than 8 gigs unless you want to keep 100 Chrome tabs open while you play.

Not in today's day and age, unless you plan on running multiple games at once. However, the quality of those 8 gigs matters more so than their quantity. Any idea what the rams clock speed and latency is?

Whether the quality matters is rather debatable too. Many benchmarks show almost no FPS improvement in games with different RAMs. You're certainly not going to go from unplayable FPS to playable FPS or vice versa due to your RAM.

For example:

There's no real difference in the vast majority of games. Some games like BF 1 and Fallout 4 make use of faster RAM if your GPU and CPU are maxed out.

Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2017, 08:28:51 pm »
I honestly believe someone will make a better DayZ in PUBG before the other DayZ comes out of EA.

what did i say lol
https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/874691459886100480

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2017, 08:33:36 pm »
what did i say lol
lol @ the comments "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO', "this is going to ruin the game!!" etc. lol
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2017, 08:59:11 pm »
+1
what did i say lol

They are also working on two new maps, another weapon (Bullpup), and the ability to go through windows.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2017, 09:07:27 pm »
+1
and the ability to go through windows.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2017, 09:23:19 pm »
+1
Yea, as funny as it may sound, it's good to have more options to leave/enter a house.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2017, 09:41:35 pm »
All the stuff they're adding is useful, so I'm excited. Can't wait for new maps, but to me the game is almost complete. Just a nice touch to the server performance and we're good to go.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2017, 12:05:01 am »
+1
Which game even uses more than 8 gigs of RAM? PUBG certainly doesn't. Uses about 4-5 gigs for me.

More games are having 8 gigs as min with 16 becoming recommended meaning 8gb may be a hinderance soon. It is not a big issue just yet but it is something to consider. Plus ram is cheap so there's no real reason not to have 16 over 8 if you can fit it in your motherboard.

No but I'm just surprised to see a 1060 with only 8. Seems like a pricey graphics card with the min ram needed. Just looks out of place.

Bigger issue would be if its DD2 rather than DD4. DDr3 should be close enough for the most part that its not a huge issue but DDR3 is worse than DDR4 in general.

I had RX 480 (almost identical benchmarks with 1060) and i7-3770K and ran the game just fine, averaging maybe 90 FPS and getting 110+ indoors and in some areas. Is your 3770 overclocked?

And no, you don't need more than 8 gigs unless you want to keep 100 Chrome tabs open while you play.

This is me.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2017, 12:32:31 am »
However, the quality of those 8 gigs matters more so than their quantity. Any idea what the rams clock speed and latency is?
Corsair Vengeance, 2x 4 gb. Got those in 2012 but I have no idea about clock speed and/or latency.

Is your 3770 overclocked?
nah, I don´t fiddle around with overclocking, I´d probably break something with that

Bigger issue would be if its DD2 rather than DD4. DDr3 should be close enough for the most part that its not a huge issue but DDR3 is worse than DDR4 in general.
If I´d get two additional 4 gig bars, would it f.e. make a big difference if the old ones were DDr2/DDr3 and the new ones DDr4? Don´t have the packaging at my hands now so I have no idea what DDR they are. Although if it´s a Vengeance and from 2012, I´m pretty sure that they´re DDr3
(click to show/hide)

Not that, but I also sometimes have multiple fat 3d programs, browsers etc working at the same time and then stuff gets slow, didn´t really bother me for a longer time but I´m lately working more often like that, so more RAM would come in handy actually

there are 2 free slots in the motherboard left, so I´ll go for additional 2x4gb. RAM is, thankfully, cheap and corsair are really durable (maybe that´s why they have unlimited warranty), shouldn´t be that much of a prob if I mix up 2x ddr3 and 2x ddr4, nah?

btw thanks for the feedback everybody  8-)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 12:36:41 am by Ikarus »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2017, 12:37:10 am »
+1
So the summer steam sale is coming up in less than a month how likely is it PUBG to go on sale?
PENDULUM

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2017, 04:57:07 pm »
shouldn´t be that much of a prob if I mix up 2x ddr3 and 2x ddr4, nah?

Idk about ddr3 and ddr4, but some ram  types actually use a different type of slot and they physically cannot fit in a different one. Also, if your motherboard is only rated for ddr3 ram, it cannot support ddr4. Buy the same exact ram that you already have if you want to make it easy. That said, if your current ram is garbo, then you're stuck with what you got.

So the summer steam sale is coming up in less than a month how likely is it PUBG to go on sale?

I could see it going on sale for 10% off or so. Nothing major but enough to promote it and get it highlighted on the front page of the store.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador