Author Topic: French Election  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
Re: French Election
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2017, 03:26:22 pm »
What a bunch of bullshit...

Germany aka Merkel has every interest for a strong, well-doing France. Especially with the Brexit, France is pretty much the only other power player left. France is more needed than ever before from a German perspective.

She does need a strong France, yet I can bet you anything she won't allow all the European debts to be bound together, nor she will allow for foreign workers to pay the social fees of the country they work in, and so on and so forth. In fact, Macron's only hope to put in effect his reforms for the European union is to see another person elected, I'm talking about Schulz, and this may never happen, unless a miracle comes by. And if Merkel is re-elected, you can be almost sure France will end up like Spain, doing even more drastic cuts to public budget than anything else. Even on day 1, Juncker is asking Macron to reduce public spending by 4%; and when you know the French rely on public services, it's like scratching a match while inside of a room filled with gas. I'm genuinely not confident about the future, all of this will make Marine le Pen stronger and stronger.

His response to terrorism isnt a poorly thought out temper-tantrum, of course this forum's not going to approve.
You think facebook's bad Molly? Ok... it is. But imagine if your only source of information about other countries (or your own country) was this forum?

Why use this small forum, when there's an entire world of bullshit-spewing like Alex Jones' show or Breibart on the internet.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017, 03:36:01 pm »
+1
Macron just needs to take a page from Trump diversity is our strength.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 05:11:38 pm »
She does need a strong France, yet I can bet you anything she won't allow all the European debts to be bound together[...]
I don't want that either tbh cuz the majority of those debts are German money. Dunno but highly likely...

I agree that the EU needs to change. But EU bashing is stupid and a show of ignorance... Current EU is still way better than no EU.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2017, 10:18:21 pm »
I agree that the EU needs to change. But EU bashing is stupid and a show of ignorance... Current EU is still way better than no EU.

I don't belong to the category of the constant EU bashers, since I love the idea/concept of the EU, yet it has to change the way it is operating now, it is even more urgent than it ever was. You can't tell a new president "hi there, congratz on winning, go cut your social programs", especially when the extremist opposition campaigned on the end of the EU altogether and reached 35%. If Merkel doesn't change her political line, France will have to do drastic cuts, which will inevitably end up in FN rising even more by 2022. And Le Pen making France leave the EU will end up in a catastrophic crisis, not only for France, but for the EU as well (Germany included). It's in her interest to keep an united EU, it's a false good solution not to merge the debts, since southern countries such as Spain or Greece won't be able to pay their debt anytime soon anyway, and the death of the EU will end up costing way more in stability, political influence, and money.