Author Topic: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM  (Read 107406 times)

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
Re: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2017, 05:09:51 pm »
+4
Now it is your time to be smart. Fix cRPG. Buy licesne for bannerlord and make crpg/strategus 2 and you will swim in money.

Your time now begins !
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2017, 10:44:01 pm »
+3
rip in piece
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2017, 05:59:06 pm »
+5
50v50 in crpg battles (or strat open field batltes) or more players, was the highlight of my video game playing days, which include about 25 years of gaming.  Taking what you had in CRPG and strategus and implementing in a better engine was all that was really needed to make an amazing game.

Hell even if you left out the strategus/"Epic" aspect and focused on battle only, it would be an amazing game.  Seemed like too much scope creep and ambition from the start.

Wish you good luck in whatever endeavors you and crew end up working on, I'm sure you learned a lot of valuable lessons.  (i.e. Don't waste a good crisis)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Spartacus

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2017, 06:26:58 pm »
+2
Is there already a plan for you chadz? What are you going to do?
So thats NA, why do you care about EU? Are you trying to export freedom?

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2017, 08:33:55 pm »
+7
nokam

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2017, 08:37:39 pm »
+3
pokam
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2017, 08:38:13 pm »
+3
Is there already a plan for you chadz? What are you going to do?

He expressed guarded optimism that they won't give up as game devs. If they announce what they do they will announce on this forum. Wouldn't expect something soon, though.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2017, 10:33:04 pm »
I just hope chadz didn't cut off his own nose to spite his face. Saying "you either sack us all or none of us" is the sort of thing I can imagine him saying. I really can't imagine Warlock Wireless being so daft to purge them all, especially chadz. I still can't really believe it. There must be some shenanigans involves from the Donkeys or are the investors just that clueless? At the least they should have kept chadz on board. If chadz left because some of his team were getting axed he should be ashamed for killing oKaM and maybe its not too late. Send in a job application chadz. Mend some bridges and go back to work on Epic

Its not fair to speculate when they can't talk about it, but it still seems really fishy to me
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2017, 12:11:56 pm »
+1
I just hope chadz didn't cut off his own nose to spite his face. Saying "you either sack us all or none of us" is the sort of thing I can imagine him saying. I really can't imagine Warlock Wireless being so daft to purge them all, especially chadz. I still can't really believe it. There must be some shenanigans involves from the Donkeys or are the investors just that clueless? At the least they should have kept chadz on board. If chadz left because some of his team were getting axed he should be ashamed for killing oKaM and maybe its not too late. Send in a job application chadz. Mend some bridges and go back to work on Epic

Its not fair to speculate when they can't talk about it, but it still seems really fishy to me

It's really not worth speculating since it depends on so many things we don't know. Were GMG and WW at all interested in a good game or just quick money? When did they show their real face? Was Steam EA forced? Was early Epic release forced? What were they demanding & what incidents happened that made chadz & co to decide to give up on their project they worked on for the last six years? etc. pp.

Also why do you think investors are clueless? Depending on their intended goal they did a great job in making most profit in shortest time. Of course this is speculation too, but there are strong hints.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2017, 12:31:02 pm »
It's really not worth speculating since it depends on so many things we don't know. Were GMG and WW at all interested in a good game or just quick money? When did they show their real face? Was Steam EA forced? Was early Epic release forced? What were they demanding & what incidents happened that made chadz & co to decide to give up on their project they worked on for the last six years? etc. pp.

Also why do you think investors are clueless? Depending on their intended goal they did a great job in making most profit in shortest time. Of course this is speculation too, but there are strong hints.
Considering that this Irish Film Making thing was involved with financial support, I am not sure that theories about 'quick money grab' really hold up. Just feels 'wrong'. But maybe that's the trick in making money.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Suedehead

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: wife_of_an_acrobat
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2017, 07:17:54 pm »
+3
I just hope chadz didn't cut off his own nose to spite his face. Saying "you either sack us all or none of us" is the sort of thing I can imagine him saying. I really can't imagine Warlock Wireless being so daft to purge them all, especially chadz. I still can't really believe it.
Why? Quite a logical step from the Product Owner side, if he blames development for the current failed state of the project.
But speaking about speculation around:
considering that probably all DC left the development - Pogosan tells that only one PM and 2 coders are there atm -  this is looks like demonstrative protest self-resignation. So for me it looks like: product owner/investor looks at all those ratings and concurrent players count decreasing became unsatisfied and at one time said, that DC should do that and that, and change that one, and remove that one from the game at all. chadzs as creator of the game did not liked the changes, but since he's "not the boss anymore" he couldn't do much here. And develop your own game by yourself in the direction you do not like is pretty dumb. So resignation is the only way, and since all the team leaves it looks like they are leaving because new bosses do not left them a possibility to do what they wants to do.
So in summary -  Product Owner and Dev Team has so different point of view on the game, that in made impossible for them to work on it together, so one of the side left the project
 :rolleyes:

Offline Suedehead

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: wife_of_an_acrobat
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2017, 07:21:45 pm »
+1
Actually, could.
NDA is quite serious thing :rolleyes:

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2017, 07:56:41 pm »
Lets say Warlock Wireless have tried to meddle and push the development a way the Donkey's weren't happy with. If you cared so much about your game would you want to leave the fate of it 100% in their hands? I think it would be logical to stay on the team even if you weren't happy with the direction its going because at least then you would have some control. Now they have none at all.

It sounds more likely that they were forced out imo, rather than having a disagreement on the direction. If they were forced out why would they keep some no name coders on board? You would keep at least some people experienced with the game. Why would Warlock Wireless want 0% of the Donkies? So then I go back to some getting laid off and then they all end up deciding to go rather than be split apart. Which to me would be pretty sad
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2017, 09:01:33 pm »
Wow, it has been an eternity since I last posted here. I have so many questions. Is the M:BG forum still hosted by chadz? What of the investments? I don't really have any expectation that M:BG will turn out even decent at this point, so I'd rather cash out if possible.

Offline Spartacus

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2017, 09:22:54 pm »
this forum is still hosetd by chadz.
No one knows about investments.
Its not M:BG it is OKAM
So thats NA, why do you care about EU? Are you trying to export freedom?