Author Topic: Pandor's repentance.  (Read 45116 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Pandor's repentance.
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2016, 11:17:24 am »
+3
So... we're deleting posts too now?
Interesting.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2016, 11:46:50 am »
Did not know that all the moldovans, ukrainians, georgians are russians too :lol:
russophobia  :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2w-yGzC0_M

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2016, 11:54:59 am »
Alot of you defending Pandor, with the argument about racism, please explain how its even the case.
I can see some racism going on in the thread and i hope that you use the report to moderator button as that is the reason its there.
This racism is coming from players, not admins, and you are right to be angry about it.

Pandors ban imo is fair.
Panos have been globally banned for far less, "shut up you ranged bundle of sticks" a sentence like that. (The forums auto correct removed the bad words and replaced them with "bundle of sticks")
You will not find a popular game/mod where something like re-texture to gain a advantage is not frowned upon. (Killing floor like games yes but that is not pvp competitive)
Like sharing a movie gives you a harser judgement in real life instead of just downloading it, so will sharing a cheat give you unwanted attention.

I don't understand the bigotry against the russians, when we all should name our number #1 cheaters by country.
(click to show/hide)
Yes Russia is second but still.

Everyone remember two things, innoncent until proven guilty and not guilty until proven innoncent !
And this mod is a service not a right, we can be denied this service and have no rights.

In Poland only live 30 mio people  :idea:

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2016, 12:41:29 pm »
+8
Yeah, the amount of cheaters in relation to the actual player amount of that country would have had some significance. But I don't need that to know that poland stronk.

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
  • Renown: 375
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Can you find my secret ?
  • Faction: The Joyous Raider
  • Game nicks: DoIphin, Siff and some alts
  • IRC nick: Dolphin
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2016, 01:19:01 pm »
+1

In Poland only live 30 mio people  :idea:

I am quite sure it only takes the total number of banned people and then spread them out on the countries.
If it also took total population into consideration i think Denmark and Sweden would top, they are in the top 10 and only have a populations of 5 and 8 million people.

But it wouldn't make sense to take population into consideration as there are no borders or nationalities on the internet only a total amount of cheaters, everyone else is clean.
No one cheats because of their nationality.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2016, 01:23:31 pm »
+4
Good thing you aren't taking a side or defending Pandor right?

The only fail here is you, especially if you cant spot the difference between Uther banning people now for a video that's years old and banning someone who actively publicises their cheating now and publicly shares the link after being warned.

You seem to think these things are equivalent, good thing that nobody cares what you think. And how OUTRAGEOUS that the community and admins bring up the fact that this player that was caught openly cheating is from a clan with a history of cheating, GOD!!!! So RACIST! There's no way to talk all this right lol.

But srsly, admins don't need to talk this right. Only people outraged are Pandor's clanmates and you, and no matter how hard you try to create a 'circus' around this, no one gives a shit what you think.
I added and removed my +1 around 25 times to show my appreciation to you, Heskey!
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2016, 01:23:56 pm »
+3
Actually Nebun it's more like someone being racist on here which some people don't like but some people don't care. The guy then realises he's annoying some people and takes it further by posting more and more like it and inviting people to join in with him being racist. While what he did isn't specifically against the rules it's not exactly approved of. He's then taken it so far and tried to make it worse by getting more people to do it. That's the problem. Had he not been an idiot and demanding the attention of the world with what he's doing he'd not be banned. It's his own fault and I think the ban should stand or he won't learn.

There are rules on racism. + the problem i have is why no one else gets banned for it. To me it should be either all or nothing. Otherwise poor judgement.
Pandor might not care and play a lot of other games right now, its just this isn't fair. It would make sense if all would get banned.
If he would post auto blocks on forum and brag about them and we have rule on that - i would understand his perma ban.

I can write a rule set for admins if they can't.
Allowed texture modifications for example: native arrows, loom pack, etc etc.
Any other modifications not allowed and bannable. Is that so hard to include with other rules???

Well common sense tells me that admin that played against us on siege of Tibaut was doing something wrong using show names cheat way too often while playing XBow. Was he using it to find leechers on strategus battle or targets for his crossbow?
Some admins are good, others do what they want.

when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2016, 01:39:21 pm »
Interesting, we also have players in their 30s-40s, teachers, doctors and other serious calm ppl, who play few hrs in the evenings and strat battles to relax after work. Would be interesting to hear their thoughts on a "guy" who suggests for them to play on a separate server because he thinks that they are bad by default.
I will return a favor and suggest u to read books and expand ur understanding of life enough - so you could make up better/cleaner/deeper opinion of everyone individually, instead of judging whole nations/clans/races.

And since i'm not a very horrible cheater, russian hacks, syka blyati, vodka, balalayka, i will help u with possible replies:
- i know u all rotten, i've seen it, i've seen it!
- I didn't say anything about races - so the rest of it must be false too.
- (ignore the whole point and  say) Nice sob story.
(That way u don't even have to type it, because you can just copy paste it. Do u understand it? eh? eh? should i explain? should i explain? should i explain? )  :wink:

Yes yes, I'm sure drz ts in the evenings is a culturally uplifting experience, you drink fine wines and discuss Tolstoy, gtfo. 
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2016, 01:48:47 pm »

If it also took total population into consideration i think Denmark and Sweden would top, they are in the top 10 and only have a populations of 5 and 8 million people.

Don't forget that among them is bigger percentage of players / pop ( very good and old internet / shitty climate)

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
  • Renown: 375
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Can you find my secret ?
  • Faction: The Joyous Raider
  • Game nicks: DoIphin, Siff and some alts
  • IRC nick: Dolphin
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2016, 01:58:57 pm »
+2
Don't forget that among them is bigger percentage of players / pop ( very good and old internet / shitty climate)

I am a swede living in Denmark, and i must still refer to my previouse post last part.

But it wouldn't make sense to take population into consideration as there are no borders or nationalities on the internet only a total amount of cheaters, everyone else is clean.
No one cheats because of their nationality.

I am not Bjord in tone and would not use his vocabulary or have his temper.
But he is a swede like me and most likely got same hair color, maybe same eye color and alot of other similarities.

Again Pandor's actions is not your actions, and should not affect you or others who share some trait with him.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2016, 02:29:30 pm »
+2
C'mon and take a look again. I say the same thing and there is full understanding. It was just about logic only.

How to explain with a simple example... It's like vodka and beer in relation to alcohol. High concentration of players in Sweden reflect in absolute numbers of players. That's all.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2016, 02:31:11 pm »
+1
http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/ban-illuminati_/msg843711/#msg843711

dat forum heroes are shit in this game i know for a long time but the forum heroes failing even at their own playground it's even more funny :D
look at this topic and those responses

'If people want me banned for using textures that aren't against the rules they can make a ban thread, but don't try to steer away from the topic of this thread.'  top kek lol :mrgreen:
'Maybe check the rules first. :p

I agree the textures are pretty dumb, but they are totally legal and have always been around.'  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

'Message me if you do want them or to know about them please. I'd rather not stray away from the topic.'  buahahahahaaha top kek

and the fucking cherry on the cake Admin decision :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

'Illuminati's record is pretty clean so I am going to let this off with a warning. Please do not nudge reloading xbowmen. Also, I was on the server at the time and this could have been reported to me in I chat which would have immediately cleared this up. Locking thread, please direct any criticisms to http://forum.meleegaming.com/game-admin-feedback/(na)-phantasmal/ '

buahahahaahah top-notch admin decision :D

and seriously should i link to neon weapons, this link is active on forum and dat guy didn't even get a warning? :D  forum heroes army fail

Haha! And hes a beta tester too! I bet hes testing out what mods are compatible with M:BG.

it's still the internet, not a playground for fanatics who avoid all forms of negativity

one day, the world might become a better place. but i promise you, it won't start on the www

So lets not even try, and simply give up www.
You got some very messed up ethics, if you believe that.

Good thing you aren't taking a side or defending Pandor right?

The only fail here is you, especially if you cant spot the difference between Uther banning people now for a video that's years old and banning someone who actively publicises their cheating now and publicly shares the link after being warned.

You seem to think these things are equivalent, good thing that nobody cares what you think. And how OUTRAGEOUS that the community and admins bring up the fact that this player that was caught openly cheating is from a clan with a history of cheating, GOD!!!! So RACIST! There's no way to talk all this right lol.

But srsly, admins don't need to talk this right. Only people outraged are Pandor's clanmates and you, and no matter how hard you try to create a 'circus' around this, no one gives a shit what you think.

Too late! yes thank you Heskey thats the exact arguement i was expecting.
Diffrence between then and now. Is that there wasnt a public outcry on that video, and it would have been fair to assume for any admin, that banning some of them wouldnt make alot of friends.
Yet this time! ooh golly an EVIL RUSSIAN! hype hype! bring the bigotry bandwagon.. jump on it! upvote that shit.. hate on them...... and then an admin has no problem in banning a cheater + Evil Russian, and gets a round of fist bumps. Such a wonderfull era of admins! I know its an assumption, but this sort of attitude is common in this community.

And Heskey please! not just read... but READ. Read the post.. then make an opinion, it feels like your somewhat reading the post until you find fraction you can twist to push your bias. Because seriously.... i am still talking about how the ban was handled and the situation around it, and not defending Pandor. I havent said Unban pandor a single time did i? Or said that Pandor didnt cheat... or that the ban on pandor wasnt fair.. Im talking about the way the ban was handled.

And heskey, Uthred said this.
Let me rephrase - I can't affect it, so I won't shoot blindly at people i think are cheating without any proof. Care wasn't the clearest word to use.

basicly saying he would ban anyone using cheats if proof is shown. No requirement of posting a download link
Cheat + proof = shoot.

But heskey realy man. its pointless argueing with you, like many others have said.

And yes i do side with the Russians on this one, since i think the hate and slander on them has gone far enough.
I got balls big enough to not care about my opinion being an unpopular one in this community. I got my ethics and im not afraid of showing them, and take responsibility for it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 05:02:57 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2016, 02:33:53 pm »
 :D

Offline Danetti

• Count
  • Renown: 161
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: R.I.P Gray
  • Game nicks: I was known as Danior
« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2016, 02:47:23 pm »
+4
Haha! And hes a beta tester too! I bet hes testing out what mods are compatible with M:BG.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:53:58 pm by Danetti »
(click to show/hide)
[...]I haven't ever seen someone using macros.[...]

Offline PastorNapas

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 0