Other Games > ... and all the other things floating around out there

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

<< < (6/6)

Gurgumul:

--- Quote from: Leshma on March 02, 2017, 04:19:20 am ---Tactical is so rare these days. Every squad based game should involve stances, orders, organized movement. I cringe so much at 3rd person strafing combat where you shoot at stuff removing percents of health bar without any visual feedback or effects.

You made realistic, life-like high definition graphics. Added believable animations and blended those animations to maximize immersion. Lip sync is everywhere and there are proper facial animations. That's cool, really. Thanks for that. But don't stop there motherfucker.

If it looks real, make it react like it is real. AI must seem smarter. If monster has fur, skin bellow it, muscles, skeleton beneath it, I'm sorry but invisible HP bar won't do it anymore. When I slash, parts fall off or get bruised. When I shoot holes appear. Last and most important, that affects monster in realistic manner. Same for human opponents.

In 1999. I played game called SWAT3. It had shattering glass and realistic materials. You could create holes in most of them and each would react as expected. Sound design followed that as well. Humans had decent AI for that time and you could wound them in many ways.

It is goddamn 2017. I expect more. Your tower conquest gameplay won't do it anymore. I want destruction everywhere. Want feedback from the world I'm shaping with my actions. And I want to it to work without me, the player. Simulated behavior of every actor.

If they could do it 18 years ago on PII 300Mhz with less than 2 million dollar budget with a team of no more than 20 people working on it for couple years, then I don't understand how a team of 300-500 people on a 5+ year budget of more than 100 million dollars can't make proper advancements in game design. It is called incompetence, you know.

You can say same thing about Mass Effect or any other AAA game of today. They just aren't well made.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version