Author Topic: State of the game.  (Read 6385 times)

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
Re: State of the game.
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2015, 10:00:11 pm »
Idk about EU but in NA you would always have people sitting in the courner of the map on opposite teams touching their dicks together and going "lol XD". It takes all the competitiveness out of the game and is just another reason as to why many left in NA.

Have you ever heard of Krems?

Today i yelled (caps) at some vanguard called Mrs_Emilia, guy was dressed in full bride outfit (typical) propably had like 10 athletics and some throwing daggers and he wasent even fighting, he was just fleeing from everyone just to call for attention as he was one of the last people alive. f this.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2015, 10:17:43 pm »

Have you ever heard of Krems?

Today i yelled (caps) at some vanguard called Mrs_Emilia, guy was dressed in full bride outfit (typical) propably had like 10 athletics and some throwing daggers and he wasent even fighting, he was just fleeing from everyone just to call for attention as he was one of the last people alive. f this.

If this game was still active and high in players i would probably kick him from the ladder and warn him that vanguards don't tolerate krems behavior but because the mod is pretty much dead i don't see the point really. :|
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2015, 12:13:15 am »
+1
3.lack of competitiveness. Idk about EU but in NA you would always have people sitting in the courner of the map on opposite teams touching their dicks together and going "lol XD". It takes all the competitiveness out of the game and is just another reason as to why many left in NA.

I know a lot of people, including myself, who would probably come back to c-rpg if it was reset back to about the patch were black armor was no longer BLACK ARMOR. But we all know that won't happen.
Ever heard of Krems? It's essentially a clan devoted to such behaviour.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 12:50:30 am »
+22
I think it is incredibly foolish to think that a reset to some older version or a few fixes here and there will do anything to the player numbers . The decline player numbers has been going on since early 2012, the community has survived horrible bugs, server instability and lack of developer attentions for years and always made it through laughing. Bullshit mechanics have always been present, it just becomes more noticable as people have continously gotten better, with using as much bullshit as you can having become a requirement for doing well.

The mod has gotten very few new players, the existing players have worn out the combat system and in general have just gotten bored. I can also imagine that a large part of the demographic is simply reaching an age where they have less time or interest in games like me. I was 16 when I started playing this shit, slacking my way through high school with way too much time on my hands. Now I am fucking 21 already and I have only a fraction of the time and willingness for playing games. I imagine there are many from similar age categories like me that won't be playing any games for 30 hours a week anymore. You can't expect people to play the same game religously for 5 fucking years, even if only for real-life circumstances.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 850
  • Infamy: 1184
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 12:53:21 am »

Funny thing is that he can be very deadly because he is a good player and throwing is extremely OP. Those silly looking daggers can easily headshot many players and make you rage because he will harass you while you are fighting another enemy. You know, when you are trying to swing just to be stunned every time dagger hit you in the back. One throwing dagger takes 15-90% of my horse, depends where he hits and how high is speed bonus.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 675
  • Infamy: 1710
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 01:01:30 am »
+2
I think it is incredibly foolish to think that a reset to some older version or a few fixes here and there will do anything to the player numbers . The decline player numbers has been going on since early 2012, the community has survived horrible bugs, server instability and lack of developer attentions for years and always made it through laughing. Bullshit mechanics have always been present, it just becomes more noticable as people have continously gotten better, with using as much bullshit as you can having become a requirement for doing well.

The mod has gotten very few new players, the existing players have worn out the combat system and in general have just gotten bored. I can also imagine that a large part of the demographic is simply reaching an age where they have less time or interest in games like me. I was 16 when I started playing this shit, slacking my way through high school with way too much time on my hands. Now I am fucking 21 already and I have only a fraction of the time and willingness for playing games. I imagine there are many from similar age categories like me that won't be playing any games for 30 hours a week anymore. You can't expect people to play the same game religously for 5 fucking years, even if only for real-life circumstances.

You were not the one to care about grind, but I truly believe that most players do and that bringing back some old game leveling mechanics like unlocked gen bonus and gen bonus wpf with tweaks of levels, skills, wpf curve and other small details can make this game more popular among majority who like those things.

With Strat dead there is no reason to play for more than couple of hours a day because this has become different version of native. Grinding loom points for new items has become tiresome as well and that is pretty much the last gameplay mechanic that gives player a sense of progress.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 09:18:42 am »
+13
How about you all quit with the nostalgia, give the mod due respect for what it provided for you during all those years and let it die in peace, stop butchering it with retarded game mechanics or leveling system suggestions, not gonna happen.

Was fun, move on.

Love, Prpavi
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline HuskerRall

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2015, 10:06:20 am »
+2
we cannot let this mod die, I know for sure Warband isn't dead as I play sometimes siege with +100 people.

but changing factions and equipment its kind of lame, I want to be the same outfitted warrior with my heirloomed weapons!

maybe we could start a campaing in 9gag to attract players to warband and then cRPG?

come on guys spread the word, warband its almost free at steam

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2015, 01:44:50 pm »
+1
When it comes to the state of the mod I think it's really good overall, although all of us probably miss a few older things.

When I look back at older posts of mine about improvement suggestions, I realize the mod has moved in the direction of what I have wished for.
The donkey team have obviously listened to me and others in the community.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to M:BG.

- - -

The biggest problem I would say is the lack of variety; servers, battle modes, map rotations etc.

Personally, I don't mind the lower player numbers on EU_1 now since I liked EU_4.
The first two pictures in OP is one of the reasons I didn't like EU_1 with 100 vs 100 players.

With that said, try increasing EU_1 (battle) population by removing EU_7 (DTV) and EU_2 (siege).
The result? Half of those now playing on EU_1 would quit due to increased player numbers and half of those wo just played DTV or siege would quit as well.

Understand that a certain game mode is a game within the game and that you can't make people stop playing what they like and instead play something else.
People play a game (M&B) because of a mod (cRPG) and a certain game mode (battle, siege, DTV, strat).

From time to time someone who play a certain game mode will play another one.
But if their preferred game mode is removed they will stop playing entirely.
This goes for mods as well and that's why I hope M:BG will get lots of good mods.

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2015, 02:23:17 pm »
+7
Like many guys said, the mod is simply dying by natural decline, it had much potential and that's why it lasted so long which is incredible.

I don't believe people saying that changes killed off the mode, it's natural to remember the past more positively than present. But I can't imagine how fast the mod would have gotten used off with no changes at all (remember the imbalance? People would have found their niches quickly and mod would have died 2 years ago).

There's even people saying new maps or new game mod killed it. Player base maybe decreased after all but I think new maps and new game mod really slowed down what was coming anyway. I'm seriously thankful for people making efforts to bring new stuff in, it was quite reviving the mod.

As long as people still play this mod it's alive, so let's not fcuking mourn about how dead it is and just enjoy it for however long it will last.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 944
  • Infamy: 189
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 04:34:16 pm »
Recent news in gaming industry aren't good for us cRPG players. Bannerlord going console means game will most likely be ruined (streamlined for filmic experience at 24 fps). Melee is changing concept and who knows what ideas will chadz have in six months, so far doesn't look like we'll have another cRPG. Other games try to copy CS 5vs5 model which isn't something we like (if we did, we would play Chivalry).

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 04:40:40 pm »
Other games try to copy CS 5vs5 model which isn't something we like (if we did, we would play Chivalry).
Or perhaps the other few dozen huge design differences have a hand in that.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2015, 06:44:44 pm »
+2
There's even people saying new maps or new game mod killed it.

Funny thing, since the introduction of conquest  people always complained about this gamemode, but at the same time only conquest can still gather 70+ players. Weird, don't you think? :P

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2015, 08:44:38 pm »
+3
Funny thing, since the introduction of conquest  people always complained about this gamemode, but at the same time only conquest can still gather 70+ players. Weird, don't you think? :P
Only one explanation.... C-rpg community. Don't ever try to figure it out.

Offline Rhaegar

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Rhaegar
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2015, 09:40:03 pm »
+2
E2:visitors can't see pics , please register or login

E1:visitors can't see pics , please register or login

E7:visitors can't see pics , please register or login

meanwhile...Team at work visitors can't see pics , please register or login

after many years I find anchors the mod fun and I hope he does not die before being replaced by something better!