Author Topic: State of the game.  (Read 6425 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: State of the game.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 01:18:30 pm »
+7
EU1 was 50+ yesterday, sure there's a natural decline but forum warriors beat the same dead horse while a lot of silent players are still playing and enjoying the game. I have players to fight with and against every time I log in and I'm just glad it's still running. Hopefully we'll see more return come Summer. There's nowhere else to turn if you want a Medieval four-directional combat game, so what if you're tired of it - no need to spam it incessantly (unless it's the 'mod iz ded' joke, which still has merit).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:27:10 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Arthur_

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 557
  • Infamy: 148
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Arthur
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 02:01:07 pm »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Jackie who?

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 02:02:15 pm »
+2

OMG HE IS BEING KILLED BY SOMETHING WHITE, HOW TYPICAL. RACISM, OPPRESSION AND SO ON QQQQQQQQ.

Anyway, on topic.
The state of the game is pretty damn shit. Even when im bored, i don't turn to c-rpg anymore. It just isen't fun to play anymore. I don't enjoy the reign of the ranged.

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 03:58:30 pm »
EU1 was 50+ yesterday, sure there's a natural decline but forum warriors beat the same dead horse while a lot of silent players are still playing and enjoying the game. I have players to fight with and against every time I log in and I'm just glad it's still running. Hopefully we'll see more return come Summer. There's nowhere else to turn if you want a Medieval four-directional combat game, so what if you're tired of it - no need to spam it incessantly (unless it's the 'mod iz ded' joke, which still has merit).

This is exactly the attitude that brings a game/mod/comunity to death (no joking), doing nothing when something is clearly goin bad.
Yesterday there were 50+ in eu 1? yes, but for how long? An hour maybe(i was there btw), and Eu2 meanwhile was like 10ppl online. Last year or bit more (can't remeber the period) there were 100+ on eu1 and like 50 on eu2 in the same time, now if u are lucky u have one server with 50 (but usually 40) and the other one with 0.
Numbers are not subjective, u can't discuss numbers like u do with stabs animation, ranged nerf or any other gamplay idea..that's just the way it is now crpg, with a third server, dtv, which constantly drains ppl from the others.
Now, u can discuss the idea of merge togheter eu1and2 ( wich i approve) becouse it's subjective, but i reapet: numbers are not.

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 04:09:23 pm »
+7
Do you really think the decline has to do with changes to game mechanics and not the age of the game?

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2015, 04:38:50 pm »
+4
Do you really think the decline has to do with changes to game mechanics and not the age of the game?
I don't think you can narrow it down to just one thing, like the age of the game. I think thats quite ignorant, what about you?

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 04:42:57 pm »
+3
No one is talking about single factors, but I think it's plausible that age is by far the main reason.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 04:57:59 pm »
You could not hint at it more strongly than you do here. You essentially write off his theory that the changes to the game mechanics  (last patch) has to do with the decline, and then hint strongly at that fact that it's because of the age of the game.

You're obviously trying to avoid this perception of your message by suddenly scaling down your strong opinions.

Anyway i think both age AND the new patch is the reason of the decline.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 1388
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 04:59:43 pm »
+4

I think it has something to do with everybody being high level and not having anything to go after, therefore bored beyond their minds even while playing on silly alts.

Yes, I would bring the (meaningful) grind back, sack all the inactive player/admins, find new admins from the pool of active players and check periodically how much time my admins spend time in game. ANd generally watch after state of the mod and try to fix annoying bugs to best of my ability while continuing to make mod richer.

If I was chadz, which of course, I am not. chadz did a funny little move when he removed his cRPG player icon and now we can see it was for a reason. He finds developing this mod a chore and that already has bitten him in the ass. He is delusional if he thinks he's mastermind dev, when his only superpower was to add grind to already awesome game therefore polarizing that game player base and attaching players to his own mod who spent 1000's of hours on it therefore being unable to let it go without throwing a tantrum.

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 05:22:27 pm »
+1
You could not hint at it more strongly than you do here. You essentially write off his theory that the changes to the game mechanics  (last patch) has to do with the decline, and then hint strongly at that fact that it's because of the age of the game.

You're obviously trying to avoid this perception of your message by suddenly scaling down your strong opinions.

Anyway i think both age AND the new patch is the reason of the decline.
I would never think it was due to one factor alone that's just preposterous. The quote you use are talking about some great mover towards decline, and I just don't believe this is due to gameplay changes - but age of mod, rather. Both are factors, sure, I would never doubt someone lost interest due to not agreeing with some change or another, why the hell would I.

Yesterday there were 50+ in eu 1? yes, but for how long? An hour maybe(i was there btw), and Eu2 meanwhile was like 10ppl online. Last year or bit more (can't remeber the period) there were 100+ on eu1 and like 50 on eu2 in the same time, now if u are lucky u have one server with 50 (but usually 40) and the other one with 0.
EU1 stayed about 40 players near all day. Right now, there's 44 players on EU2 and 35 on EU1 (and 30 on DTV). It's not many, but more or less what you could expect, I think, from a game this old.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 05:39:58 pm by Angantyr »

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 05:54:08 pm »
+4

"Bye have a beautiful time!"

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 08:33:06 pm »
(click to show/hide)

what show was this from?

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 08:35:29 pm »
+1
See you again in a few months
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 09:27:55 pm »
(click to show/hide)

what show was this from?
Family guy and American Dad.   :)

Security officer Pena, he worked at the studios where american dad and family guy were made.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:30:57 pm by Saxon. »

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2015, 09:46:13 pm »
+9
The big reason that myself and many of my friends left the game was because of the changes being made.

1. Every weapon had its purpose when I started this game while still having the ability to counter anything(except it would be harder in cases). Since that time every weapon has become "balanced" and lost its role. For example the long maul used to be suicidal outside of a large group fight, now it is usable in any situation as good from one to the next.

2. Animation changes have slowly gotten applied over time. They have added up so much that at the moment you can't tell if something is going to hit when it should or if it's not when it shouldn't. You'll know what I mean if you try a native groupfight and compare I to a c-rpg one.

3.lack of competitiveness. Idk about EU but in NA you would always have people sitting in the courner of the map on opposite teams touching their dicks together and going "lol XD". It takes all the competitiveness out of the game and is just another reason as to why many left in NA.

I know a lot of people, including myself, who would probably come back to c-rpg if it was reset back to about the patch were black armor was no longer BLACK ARMOR. But we all know that won't happen.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.