Author Topic: Explain Please.  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
Explain Please.
« on: November 24, 2014, 03:24:45 am »
+3
Arrows weigh as much as a Great maul.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Explain Please.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 07:49:13 am »
+9

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 12:14:29 pm »
+2
He's right though.
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 03:34:35 pm »
I assume it's the same logic that make a Bevor (Gothic Plate with Bevor vs. Gothic Plate) weigh the same as a Great Helmet, and Bolts weigh the same as a Mallet.

I think there was a post saying that arrow weights would be lowered a bit next patch somewhere though.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 04:28:10 pm »
+3
Because if you can deal damage from a distance its important that you move slower than players that can only attack at short range. Seems pretty logical to me
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 12:10:58 am »
+1
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:11:26 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 02:29:59 am »
Can always make a few arrow types light with even lower ammo count and/or damage. If you can kite, you shouldn't be able to do so effectively for a whole 3-5 minutes while constantly shooting, maybe for just a portion of the round.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 07:16:31 am »
+1
Can always make a few arrow types light with even lower ammo count and/or damage. If you can kite, you shouldn't be able to do so effectively for a whole 3-5 minutes while constantly shooting, maybe for just a portion of the round.

I'd really like to see that kind of variety in bow/xbow ammunition. Just scaling ammo count with damage is bland.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Bob_Ararebe

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 07:26:33 am »
+8
Because if you can deal damage from a distance its important that you move slower than players that can only attack at short range. Seems pretty logical to me

You know, there are actually things that attack at short range and are monumentally faster than archers, its called cavalry. Unfortunately, those guys have been unnecessarily nerfed and to fix the problem of archers now having no counter when shooting from afar, the archers have been nerfed as well. Now, in the combat triangle of cavalry, infantry, and archery, there's really only one class left that's worth playing at all.

I've never posted before, and its because I never had anything against changes made to the game up until now. I'm currently 14 with 11 of those as some sort of an archer. Before the recent "patch of destiny", archers have had their skills and weapon stats shuffled on several occasions There were some changes I felt were unnecessary, but in the end the balance of things still felt intact.

There have been a lot of reason for the recent archery nerf, with a huge one being the fact that the notion of teamwork is non-existent and that due to the nature of the game, teamwork is something that cannot be relied on to solve the issue the balance between infantry, cavalry, and archery. I can say that in the two years I've played crpg, I've seen a ton of teamwork going on between people who are not even in the same clan. I've had hoplites shield me from cavalry and projectiles as I loosed off my arrows, I've seen cavalry group up into small mobs and completely overrun a group of lightly protected archers, and I've seen shielders lightly screen 2h guys as they advance over an open field. In fact, its this sort of stuff that truly makes crpg enjoyable to play with other people.

The recent changes have made this sort of teamwork worthless because there is the belief that teamwork cannot exist between random crpg players. These changes have catered toward the notion that the 2h should be able to have a chance against an archer without the help of any other class on the battlefield. These changes are things like making arrows do less damage to infantry, as well as slowing down archers to the point where infantry can catch up and engage in melee combat with an archer. Its funny how the melee players of crpg constantly tell archers to go play Call of Duty or first person shooters, when in fact it is themselves that have turned this game into nothing more than running straight towards your enemy and hacking each other to bits with no sense of teamwork.

I have since been on a crpg hiatus, but I'd like to say thank you all, especially the developers of this game, for giving me this amazing experience, and I mean that sincerely. Its not that often you find such an amazing mod, one that is completely free too. I also hope that I am not coming across as a person who feels that the changes he wants are things that the developers are obligated to carry out. In fact, the game is theirs to do with how they wish, and I know that no matter what, their only intent is to try and make this game a better experience for everyone, and that is more than anything I could ask for.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 02:36:00 pm »
You know, there are actually things that attack at short range and are monumentally faster than archers, its called cavalry. Unfortunately, those guys have been unnecessarily nerfed and to fix the problem of archers now having no counter when shooting from afar, the archers have been nerfed as well. Now, in the combat triangle of cavalry, infantry, and archery, there's really only one class left that's worth playing at all.

I've never posted before, and its because I never had anything against changes made to the game up until now. I'm currently 14 with 11 of those as some sort of an archer. Before the recent "patch of destiny", archers have had their skills and weapon stats shuffled on several occasions There were some changes I felt were unnecessary, but in the end the balance of things still felt intact.

There have been a lot of reason for the recent archery nerf, with a huge one being the fact that the notion of teamwork is non-existent and that due to the nature of the game, teamwork is something that cannot be relied on to solve the issue the balance between infantry, cavalry, and archery. I can say that in the two years I've played crpg, I've seen a ton of teamwork going on between people who are not even in the same clan. I've had hoplites shield me from cavalry and projectiles as I loosed off my arrows, I've seen cavalry group up into small mobs and completely overrun a group of lightly protected archers, and I've seen shielders lightly screen 2h guys as they advance over an open field. In fact, its this sort of stuff that truly makes crpg enjoyable to play with other people.

The recent changes have made this sort of teamwork worthless because there is the belief that teamwork cannot exist between random crpg players. These changes have catered toward the notion that the 2h should be able to have a chance against an archer without the help of any other class on the battlefield. These changes are things like making arrows do less damage to infantry, as well as slowing down archers to the point where infantry can catch up and engage in melee combat with an archer. Its funny how the melee players of crpg constantly tell archers to go play Call of Duty or first person shooters, when in fact it is themselves that have turned this game into nothing more than running straight towards your enemy and hacking each other to bits with no sense of teamwork.

I have since been on a crpg hiatus, but I'd like to say thank you all, especially the developers of this game, for giving me this amazing experience, and I mean that sincerely. Its not that often you find such an amazing mod, one that is completely free too. I also hope that I am not coming across as a person who feels that the changes he wants are things that the developers are obligated to carry out. In fact, the game is theirs to do with how they wish, and I know that no matter what, their only intent is to try and make this game a better experience for everyone, and that is more than anything I could ask for.

Yea, 2h op.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 07:15:26 pm »
+1
Arrows weigh as much as a Great maul.

gameplay > realism

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 01:00:44 am »
+2
Archery is easy

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 02:52:47 pm »

It always makes me laugh when ranged players talk about team work. If you go on battle you will see teamwork all the time - its called the melee gank. Just to take down 1 player you often have to have 2-3 guys because people are so good at manual blocking. Why is it that ranged don't need teamwork but melee do? Why do ranged have 90% of a melee role when they need it? The teamwork excuse is rubbish imo

Cavalry are really good atm, I don't know what people are going on about with that.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:03:14 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 03:28:36 pm »
+2
It always makes me laugh when ranged players talk about team work. If you go on battle you will see teamwork all the time - its called the melee gank. Just to take down 1 player you often have to have 2-3 guys because people are so good at manual blocking. Why is it that ranged don't need teamwork but melee do? Why do ranged have 90% of a melee role when they need it? The teamwork excuse is rubbish imo

Cavalry are really good atm, I don't know what people are going on about with that.

I can't survive without 5 guys looking after me, but it's ok.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 11:23:50 pm »
I can't survive without 5 guys looking after me, but it's ok.
Just ignore grumbs  He's retarded.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:32:50 pm by jtobiasm »